Ellison
Vandegrift
Killeen
?? Toss a coin
Midway
San Angelo Central

stevendub
September 15th, 2016, 5:15 PM
Tough game to pick here both Belton & Round Rock are playing very well..ill go with Belton by a TD
Ellison & it might get ugly real quick for Waco U, they have that long losing streak.
Vandegrift by around 10-14 points. I still think Heights will really be a factor in the playoff race.
True pick em game..ill go with McNeil by a FG
Sachse, they'll be a much stiffer test for Cove & a barometer for how good the Dawgs are this year.
Midway but Waco High's better this year, so it could be close.
SA Central's even better than College Station & Cedar Ridge & probably the best team Shoemaker will see all year. We'll see how much this non-district schedule helps the Wolves in district play..they go down here though.

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2016, 5:29 PM
Good analysis.
It's really kind of sad how the teams in our district have slumped in the last 7-8 years. This used to be
a powerhouse of a district. Now split up with Waco and Temple in 5-A. Wasn't a bad thing to lose
Bryan and A&M Conso to another district though. Those were ridiculous road trips.

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2016, 10:07 PM
Heights won, but not impressed.
Ellison finally started rolling but was close for far too long against a team that isn't good at all.

ethelm
September 15th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Refs were terrible at the Heights game. But at least they were terrible for both sides!!

Night Owl
September 16th, 2016, 1:23 AM
Dang are we already there. I thought it would be a couple of weeks. They won and if was ugly or lucky or whatever, they won.

sojourner truth
September 16th, 2016, 1:43 PM
How 'bout them 4-0 Ellison Eagles...

That score, with 400 plus yards passing and over 600 yards total offense was amazing.

They better pray that QB stays healthy.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2016, 2:13 PM
They are playing great. Robinson is the real deal. Heights pulled one out, so shows they can step up when needed. Same with Belton - good game.
Tonight we find out if the other teams in this district are good or just been hanging around:
Midway and Waco should be huge. Earlier I thought Midway was not going to have a good year. Now I'm thinking they are still the team to beat in this district.
Is Cove good or just played two patsies? My guess is Cove goes down tonight. Their glory days are long gone.
Shoemaker? Unfortunately they can't seem to return to yesteryear. They go down too, although admittedly to a real good team in SA Central.

sickofpc
September 16th, 2016, 3:03 PM
Speaking of refs, one of the zebras had it in for Ellison last night. Thankfully, he wasn't a difference maker. ...Ellison is high powered offensively, no doubt. Robinson can chunk it, and he has three receivers that are outstanding. I wonder if, even with all the points they are capable of producing, that their defense can do their part. I know in today's world of the spread offense, it is tough for a defense to be very effective, ..but, Ellison's defense really needs to make some adjustments somehow, imo. They have a really hard time stopping people, even University...I do hope they put it together, Ellison works hard and does things right. They deserve to have a great year.

sickofpc
September 16th, 2016, 3:06 PM
Dave, you know better than to count out your Dawgs, ...as long as your Best Bud Jack is on the sidelines. ;):p

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2016, 3:30 PM
Speaking of refs, one of the zebras had it in for Ellison last night. Thankfully, he wasn't a difference maker. ...Ellison is high powered offensively, no doubt. Robinson can chunk it, and he has three receivers that are outstanding. I wonder if, even with all the points they are capable of producing, that their defense can do their part. I know in today's world of the spread offense, it is tough for a defense to be very effective, ..but, Ellison's defense really needs to make some adjustments somehow, imo. They have a really hard time stopping people, even University...I do hope they put it together, Ellison works hard and does things right. They deserve to have a great year.
These spread offenses first came on the scene 12-15 years ago. You'd think by now some defensive coordinator would have figured out how to stop them.
About all the defense can do is hope to contain the QB, sack him a few times, and make him hurry his throws and toss an INT.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2016, 7:16 PM
Dave, you know better than to count out your Dawgs, ...as long as your Best Bud Jack is on the sidelines. ;):p
Guess the guy who Twitters the Dawg games for KDH Pressbox didn't want to travel to Garland.
Gonna be a long night for Cove - Garland Sashe received the kickoff and went 65 yards in 4 plays. :)
Turned the radio off - will watch Baylor blow out Rice. :))

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2016, 7:30 PM
Guess the guy who didn't make the trip made a good decision.
Late first quarter - Sashe-21, Cove-0. :))

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2016, 7:51 PM
Wow. Atta boy, Jack. Got a FG. Now 21-3.
When is Welch gonna find a defensive coordinator. He's had this guy (Reb Brock)
on his staff for over a decade. When Harold McMahon left to become head coach
at Pflugerville Hendrickson he kept Brock as the defensive coordinator because he
didn't want the Brock family to move - can't say as I blame him. Oldest son Logan
was a first team all-state TE, went onto be a starter at TCU and was on the Houston
Texans roster for a while. LB Tanner Brock was a 3 time all-stater who also went to TCU
and the younger, Connor, was an all district DE who went onto play at UTEP.

sickofpc
September 16th, 2016, 7:56 PM
Dave, hearing that bloodline, I can see why any coach would want to keep Brock around, ...but, knowing what I know about Jack, if he didn't think Brock was doing the job now, I have no doubt that he would fire him. JMO, of course.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2016, 8:00 PM
My friend, Cove hasn't had a defense worth squat ever since McMahon left.
The only way seems to win the past 5 years is to play some team which obviously is
not at all good or hope they get into a shootout and the other team self destructs.
I know these spread offenses are very hard to defend, but let's get real here.
I also know Cove's talent pool dried up years ago. There are no more Vontez Duffs, T.J. Hollowells,
RG3's, Brocks, Hawks, etc.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2016, 8:22 PM
2d quarter:
Sacshe - 27, Cove - 6
MCNeil - 7, Killeen - 0
Midway - 6, Waco - 0
Can't find anything on Shoemaker and San Angelo.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2016, 8:58 PM
Temple losing to Cedar Ridge 17-7.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2016, 9:32 PM
Cove getting blown out, 41-16, late 3rd.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2016, 9:52 PM
Midway - 14, Waco - 7
McNeil - 14, Roos - 3
Both late 3d qtr.

birdfriend
September 16th, 2016, 9:53 PM
At the end of 1st quarter San Angelo led 10-7 according to MaxPreps. No update after that on the score.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Finals:
Sachse-48, Cove-16. Good job, Welch!! What's your excuse this week? :))
RR McNeil-14, Killeen-9
Midway-28, Waco-7
Cedar Ridge-28, Temple-14
Goatsville-37, Hillsboro-21
Lorena-42, Lampasas-35
Salada-38, Florence-8
Can't find anything on Shoemaker.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2016, 10:58 PM
It's being reported that the Shoemaker-San Angelo Central game has been postponed.
Central was winning 10-7. Don't know what quarter and don't know the reason, but I'd imagine a thunderstorm with a lot of lightning.
Doubt they'll make it up. Way too far of a trip back to San Angelo from Killeen.

CenTexDave
September 17th, 2016, 7:48 AM
Evidently the postponement was just a lengthy delay.
Went online and found the score:
San Angelo Central-53, Shoemaker-13.

xzochye
September 17th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Evidently the postponement was just a lengthy delay.
Went online and found the score:
San Angelo Central-53, Shoemaker-13.

On the Fox Southwest Friday Football app the said the game was delayed till 11. SHS didn't want to call the game. It ended a few minutes before 1. The comments from the other teams fans are pretty good about SHS. Said they have a lot of speed and they did play a good game. Hopefully they are learning from these difficult games and will secure a playoff spot in district.

CenTexDave
September 17th, 2016, 11:00 AM
It's good they waited it out and played it. Although they got beat bad, at least they played and it should help them.
Cove's first game was cancelled thanks to a lightning storm. A&M is no further away from Cove than is Killeen
from San Angelo. They should have played. No doubt Welch would have taken a beating. :)
I suppose it's possible they could. I think it will be more like trying to win one game. Who can they beat?
Probably Copperas Cove!!!! :))

fchafey
September 17th, 2016, 3:13 PM
On the Fox Southwest Friday Football app the said the game was delayed till 11. SHS didn't want to call the game. It ended a few minutes before 1. The comments from the other teams fans are pretty good about SHS. Said they have a lot of speed and they did play a good game. Hopefully they are learning from these difficult games and will secure a playoff spot in district.

Wonder if they spent the night. That would make for a long day for the bus driver. Unless they use a fresh on. Not trying to start anything, but my mind works that way.

CenTexDave
September 17th, 2016, 4:19 PM
Many times the bus driver just stays in the bus and sleeps during games. If he did that he had a long nap. :)

birdfriend
September 17th, 2016, 4:22 PM
A friend whose son is a trainer says his bus returned at 4:50 a.m.

CenTexDave
September 17th, 2016, 4:30 PM
Hope the coach didn't want them at 9AM practice this morning. :))