Stony Point (0-2) @ Belton (1-1)

Franklin (0-2) @ Copperas Cove (1-0)

Montgomery (2-0) @ Ellison (2-0)

Killeen (1-1) @ Vandegrift (0-2)

Midway (0-2) @ Temple (2-0)

CenTexDave
September 6th, 2016, 9:26 AM
Where the hell is Montgomery? :)
Cove plays Franklin? Welch must be digging deep for that. I do know Franklin, the past few years, has been highly ranked in their class. Guess not so this year.
I'll go with:
Cedar Ridge over Shoemaker
Waco over Heights
Belton over Stony Point
Cove over Franklin
Ellison over Montgomery
Killeen to beat Vandegrift
Temple over Midway.

birdfriend
September 6th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Montgomery is northwest of Conroe near Lake Conroe.

Night Owl
September 6th, 2016, 12:26 PM
And all this time I thought it was in 'Bama.:))

sojourner truth
September 6th, 2016, 3:16 PM
I did notice the KDH got the location of the game wrong... It is not "at" Montgomery, it is a home game.

At least that is what my tickets and the ISD football schedule say. Maybe someone will catch the typo and they will do a correction in tomorrows paper.

Hint, hint............:)

CenTexDave
September 8th, 2016, 8:40 AM
Now I see Cove is playing El Paso Franklin, not the high school from the city of Franklin.
EP Franklin got demolished by Odessa Permian last week, 61-0.

sojourner truth
September 8th, 2016, 4:16 PM
I guess that means CC may squeak by them this Friday....:))

Night Owl
September 8th, 2016, 4:18 PM
Good one ST.

stevendub
September 8th, 2016, 4:54 PM
Cedar Ridge & it might be a big margin..boy the Wolves have a tough non-district. Maybe it'll help in district though.
Heights-Waco should be a really good game, it was last year & Waco High stole one away. I give Heights the advantage tonight.
Belton should roll over sTp
That Franklin team's got some traveling to do..Dawgs should go to 2-0.
Ellison probably is gonna have to play for 4 quarters this time, but they should win.
Vandegrift's 0-2, but they've been very good the past several years & they played 2 really good teams this year so I'm not fooled. They should beat the Roos.
Midway seems to be in a similar situation as Shoemaker right now. This isn't the week to turn it around..Wildcats are playing very well again & they win Friday. Might not be pretty.

sojourner truth
September 8th, 2016, 6:06 PM
I have never heard of Montgomery, but I see they are 2-0 as is Ellison. I expect a real contest tomorrow night. Glad I have seats on the 50.

ANd, I hope the Eagles defense has awakened.

CenTexDave
September 8th, 2016, 6:09 PM

Cove has played Permiam, as well as the other HS there, and beaten both.
Funny thing is my daughter and I went out there to check out UT-Permian Basin. The ladies' soccer coach was a diehard Permian fan -
his son played for them. And he brought up how Cove kicked their butts back then. :)

CenTexDave
September 9th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Hard to believe Shoemaker is this terrible, especially compared to last year.

onetime
September 9th, 2016, 2:50 PM
Hard to believe Shoemaker is this terrible, especially compared to last year.

Brand new staff of guys that have worked together maybe 3 weeks or so, 2-3 kids on defense coming back with 4-5 on offense. Each week they are playing great teams that don't allow you to work through growing pains. They will be good in do time.

CenTexDave
September 9th, 2016, 3:57 PM
Probably in due time to beat Cove again.

CenTexDave
September 10th, 2016, 6:19 AM
The demise of Midway was predicted too soon. They handled class 5-A #5 Temle easily last night.
Belton put up 70 and looks fantastic.
Ellison keeps rolling and is looking good.
Cove is actually showing some promise, but their QB seems to have fumbleitis.

sojourner truth
September 10th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Last nights Ellison/Montgomery game was about as close a game as I have ever seen. Down to the last few seconds and only stoipped from going into OT by catching the QB a few inches short of a 1st down.

Still, the Eagles are looking pretty good. They stayed with the pass almost exclusively for the entire game. I only saw a few running plays. But they did get a lot of really nice long gainers and a bunch of short outs that gained 10 yards time and time again.

In all honesty, I am glad Montgomery is not in our district. These guys are really good at the run, and almost unstoppable up the middle.

Very good close game. And the dining at Chez Buckley was excellent as always. Chili dogs and Frito pies on a Friday night. Doesn't get much better than that. And a win too.

CenTexDave
September 10th, 2016, 1:07 PM
When I was a regular at the Cove games I used to go early (6PM) and chow down on their charcoal grilled burgers - they were great.
By halftime it was time for a snack - Frito pie. Never left a game on empty. :)

stevendub
September 11th, 2016, 1:33 PM
How many TDs does Ellison's QB have, every game they've had he's had at least 4 TDs it seems.

CenTexDave
September 11th, 2016, 2:36 PM
He's their whole team. Stop him and that will be it for the Eagles.

sickofpc
September 12th, 2016, 3:49 PM
Pretty much the same for most teams today running the spread.

stevendub
September 12th, 2016, 4:14 PM
He's their whole team. Stop him and that will be it for the Eagles.

But that's just it..no one has shown the ability to yet. He's clearly improved. And he was pretty doggone good last year.

14 passing TDs & 2 running in 3 games.