PDA

View Full Version : Olympics

CenTexDave
August 13th, 2016, 8:45 AM
The US Women's Soccer Team was eliminated by Sweden yesterday after a penalty kick shootout.
Hope Solo, as always, was very classy by stating "they were a bunch of cowards".
The vaunted American attack/offense was held to 6 goals in 4 matches.
The rest of the world has caught up to them.

mac
August 13th, 2016, 1:35 PM
The US Women's Soccer Team was eliminated by Sweden yesterday after a penalty kick shootout.
Hope Solo, as always, was very classy by stating "they were a bunch of cowards".
The vaunted American attack/offense was held to 6 goals in 4 matches.
The rest of the world has caught up to them.

Dave: I saw her say that but couldn't relate it to anything that happened on the field. do you know what it was that she thought was "cowardly" play or behavior? I wish she hadn't done that. that team has always been (generally) a class act, plus which, my daughters and granddaughters are crazy about them.....mac

CenTexDave
August 13th, 2016, 2:14 PM
In her mind she thinks they played "cowardly" because they were content to play hard nosed defense and not attack, rather wait to a good opening. It worked. Got to the penalty kick
shootout and I knew then we were screwed.
Solo was the only one acting like that. Classless as usual. Carli Lloyd was bummed out, but at least she was a good sport about it. And Mallory Pugh, our 18 year old phenom who had
to leave late in regular time due to injury, limped onto the field after it was decided and stood there congratulating the Swedes. The USWNT should part ways with Hope Solo.
Gotta remember their coach is the former USWNT coach who led them to two Olympic Golds - she knows girls and how to play us. We have not beaten her in 4 games
since she took over the Swedes.