PDA

View Full Version : Don't Look Now, But.......................

CenTexDave
June 29th, 2016, 9:07 AM
The Rangers have the best record in baseball. At 51-27 they have taken the lead from Chicago's Cubs who have been the darlings of ESPN all season.
The Cubs still lead MLB in outscoring the opposition by +163 but they have looked very ordinary the past couple of weeks. The Giants are quickly closing
the gap in the NL and are one game behind the Cubs in winning %.
Meanwhile the Indians are 10-0, on an 11 game win streak, and lead the AL in run differential by +88.
Getting interesting.

mac
June 29th, 2016, 12:10 PM
The Rangers have the best record in baseball. At 51-27 they have taken the lead from Chicago's Cubs who have been the darlings of ESPN all season.
The Cubs still lead MLB in outscoring the opposition by +163 but they have looked very ordinary the past couple of weeks. The Giants are quickly closing
the gap in the NL and are one game behind the Cubs in winning %.
Meanwhile the Indians are 10-0, on an 11 game win streak, and lead the AL in run differential by +88.
Getting interesting.

yep....even the Astros are lookin' good. they 've got the Angels tonight away but will prob'ly win anyway.....the Rangers are lookin' real good. I'll bet it makes Dubya madder'n hell that he had to divest himself of that team's ownership in order to be President....mac

CenTexDave
June 29th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Houston is playing very good. So is Baltimore. Too bad the Red Sux and Yankees are slowly dying. :)

Rick
June 29th, 2016, 1:34 PM
If the season ended today, the Astros wouldn't be in the playoffs. But, the season doesn't end today and we're not even at the All Star break yet, so there's a lot of baseball left to play.

The Tribe now has a six game lead in the central division. Keeping fingers crossed for Believeland!

CenTexDave
June 29th, 2016, 1:45 PM
GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!

CenTexDave
June 30th, 2016, 9:08 AM
Twelve in a row!!!!!!!!!! Think the win streak ends this weekend in Toronto though.
These division races are starting to turn into a joke. Five, six game leads before the All-Star game.
Only the wild card will be interesting soon.

Rick
June 30th, 2016, 10:27 AM
It's funny how the schedule lined up. Swept Detroit, swept Atlanta, now playing Toronto.

Sounds like the Cavs playoff route. :))

CenTexDave
June 30th, 2016, 11:09 AM
They're gonna be pretty tired after this weekend, if not now. Haven't had a day off in a couple of weeks due to
early season rain outs.
I hope Salazar doesn't pitch in the All-Star game. Needs a rest also.

mac
June 30th, 2016, 11:41 PM
what'd you think about irving's 'no black girls allowed' milk party, Dave?.....mac

CenTexDave
July 1st, 2016, 7:58 AM
Not at all familiar with it, Mac.

Rick
July 1st, 2016, 9:15 AM
Thirteen in a row. New Tribe record.

Rick
July 1st, 2016, 10:19 AM
This is funny. They brought Jobu in this year.

Mike Napoli, Jason Kipnis bring Jobu back to Cleveland Indians' clubhouse (http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2016/06/post_451.html#incart_river_index)

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Jobu is back in the Indians' locker room.

In the movie Major League, Indians fictional slugger Pedro Cerrano prayed to Jobu, his voodoo statue, so his bats could hit the curveball. It's unclear what real Indians Jason Kipnis and Mike Napoli do in front of their Jobu shrine, but one has been built in the empty locker between them in the far corner of the Tribe's clubhouse.

A sweater with a picture of Jobu and the inscription, "It is very bad to drink Jobu's rum. Very bad," hangs in the locker. The also contains two Jobu statues with small bottles of rum placed between them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85i5CpyBv-Q

CenTexDave
July 1st, 2016, 10:38 AM
Loved those Major League movies.

mac
July 1st, 2016, 12:57 PM
Not at all familiar with it, Mac.

fyi, Dave....mac http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016/06/30/kyrieirvingrespondsnoblackgirlsallowedmilkpartyyac ht/

CenTexDave
July 1st, 2016, 1:53 PM
Thanks, Mac. Looks like more b.s. Probably started by Whiny Curry's wife. :))

mac
July 1st, 2016, 3:05 PM
Thanks, Mac. Looks like more b.s. Probably started by Whiny Curry's wife. :))

well, i have to admit that she sure is whiney......kind of wonder who in the hell wears the pants in that family......

Rick
July 1st, 2016, 4:04 PM
And the streak is...bottom of the 13th tied at 1.

Rick
July 1st, 2016, 6:35 PM
And the streak continues. Took them 19 innings to do it.

14 sets the club record. I was wrong earlier.

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2016, 8:11 AM
But I think it ends today. They are one tired ball club. I don't even remember when their last off day was, plus
they brought in today's scheduled starter, Trevor Bauer, who pitched 5 innings. That will throw off the pitching
rotation big time.
Still, amazing - 14 in a row. I remember when Oakland won 20 in a row. Don't think that may ever be duplicated.

Rick
July 2nd, 2016, 10:19 AM
Hopefully, the bats will be able to give the pitchers a break today.

That game was on tv and when I got home, it was in the 6th inning and Toronto had just tied it.

Francona won that chess match for sure.

That "W" became more important since KC lost and they now have a seven games lead.

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2016, 11:25 AM
They have tabbed Zack McAllister to start today. If he can give them 5-6 good innings
they might have a shot at 15.

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2016, 2:02 PM
McAllister lasted all of one inning - 3 hits, 1HR.
The guy they have pitching now I never heard of. Must have called him up for this game.
He gives up a couple of hits, had two outs, then an error leads to an extra batter and - BAM - 3 run HR.
Think the streak ends today.

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2016, 3:31 PM
The win streak is over. Pitching let them down today.
Start a new streak tomorrow.

Rick
July 2nd, 2016, 3:50 PM
Not so much that pitching let them down as it was the defense. And the call at the plate that was overturned.

A great streak. They will need the upcoming All Star break.

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2016, 4:01 PM
But he was safe - I saw reviews of it.
Think it's been 2 weeks since their last day off. They are getting tired.

Rick
July 2nd, 2016, 4:47 PM
It was the block C on the cap instead of Chief Wahoo that did them in.

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2016, 4:54 PM
In other news, Germany beat Italy on penalty kicks n the Euro Cup semis. Great game. :)

CenTexDave
July 2nd, 2016, 5:29 PM
The Euro Cup has been going on much longer than the Copa Americana.
Iceland plays France tomorrow. Iceland!!!!!!! They beat England in the quarter-finals. England's coach then resigned. lol
Wales gets Portugal and pretty boy Ronaldo in the other semis. Wales!!!! They beat Belgium. Who would have thunk it?? :))

fchafey
July 2nd, 2016, 6:16 PM
Watching Bartolo Colon tonight from a spot on the Jersey Shore. 43 years old and still going, win or lose a nice break this evening. Cleveland doing well is all over the NY sports news. Might as well be the Yankees and Phillies are horrible.

Rick
July 2nd, 2016, 7:00 PM
He hit his first home run back in May.

CenTexDave
July 3rd, 2016, 8:20 AM
I've watched Colon both pitch and hit - like viewing some slapstick comedy hour.
Hard to believe this fat slob is still playing. I remember when he started his career with the Indians. Then had
probably the premier fast ball.

Rick
July 3rd, 2016, 12:05 PM
He's been around a long time.

CenTexDave
July 4th, 2016, 10:24 AM
The Tribe got blown out good yesterday. They are just plain tired - batting and pitching.
Kluber, since winning the Cy Young in 2014, has turned into either a great pitcher or a poor pitcher.
Yesterday he was poor.
They need a rest. This schedule is killing them. 12 game road trip then no day off and start a 7 game home stand.

Night Owl
July 4th, 2016, 11:25 AM
The Tribe got blown out good yesterday. They are just plain tired - batting and pitching.
Kluber, since winning the Cy Young in 2014, has turned into either a great pitcher or a poor pitcher.
Yesterday he was poor.
They need a rest. This schedule is killing them. 12 game road trip then no day off and start a 7 game home stand.
Tired? They are playing a flippin' game.

CenTexDave
July 4th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Being the astute judge of talent that you are, you wouldn't understand. :)

Night Owl
July 4th, 2016, 3:24 PM
Being the astute judge of talent that you are, you wouldn't understand. :)
Oh I understand. I understand these pampered millionaires don't know how to play baseball. To them it is just a job. Pitchers have to have 4 or 5 days rest between starts. It's unbelievable. Don't I wish I could have gotten 4 days off between every day I worked.

Rick
July 5th, 2016, 7:15 AM
What would you have done with your grouchy self if you didn't have someone to yell at for four days? :))

CenTexDave
July 5th, 2016, 9:36 AM
Oh I understand. I understand these pampered millionaires don't know how to play baseball. To them it is just a job. Pitchers have to have 4 or 5 days rest between starts. It's unbelievable. Don't I wish I could have gotten 4 days off between every day I worked.

You did - you were an officer!!!!!!!!! :)