PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna...

Scarlett
June 14th, 2009, 3:39 PM
Play mama or papa to a couple of dogs for a few days?! Haha.
I just found out I have to go to a conference and I don't have anyone to dog sit. AURGH!!!!!

Sometimes when it rains, it pours.

xzochye
June 14th, 2009, 5:03 PM
Do you want someone to come to your house to a couple of times a day? Or for the dogs to stay someplace else?

Scarlett
June 14th, 2009, 5:18 PM
Probably dogs stay somewhere. That darn beagle tends to make that horrible beagle noise when he is home alone overnight..lol. I am guessing my neighbors won't much like that!

xzochye
June 14th, 2009, 5:22 PM
Wish I could offer but I have a houseful here...lol. If you can't find anyone to keep them and decide to leave them at home let me know. If I remember correctly from other postings we live fairy close to each other.

Scarlett
June 14th, 2009, 5:47 PM
I am working on the ex...haha...if that goes badly then I will certainly be getting back to you!

Scarlett
June 15th, 2009, 8:39 PM
YIPPEEEEEE

I found a very friendly vet...cough cough..who is going to board my Oscar! I am assured that "escape will not be an option" for him! (The dog, not the vet...)

xzochye
June 15th, 2009, 9:42 PM
Great news! You will have to let me know how it goes. I have 2 dogs. 1 I can leave alone in the backyard and not worry about. The other is just like Oscar and escapes all the time. (Still trying to figure out how to rig up my backyard to keep him in.) I am planning a vacation for next year and will probably have to board him somewhere.

engteach64
June 24th, 2009, 9:05 PM
We take our dogs to Roomin and Groomin out the direction of the airport. Our dogs normally don't eat and are very depressed at kennels. When they go to Roomin and Groomin they don't want to come home. The get excited when we take them there.

The ladies that run the place are wonderful and you can tell just from their attitude that they love animals. My dogs aren't allowed to share a kennel because it interferes with sleeping time and eating habbits. Haley eats like normal when she's there, and Flash gets to chase the rooster (althought the rooster normally gets the upper foot). They let them dig and just act like dogs. My dogs come home dirty, but a bath is worth the fun they seem to have there.

Prices are good, and they even give my dog her medicine for a very small added fee. I can do that. It may not look like a top of the line kennel, but I won't take my dogs anywhere else. They love it.

They also have dog trainig classes.

FieryPrincess
June 27th, 2009, 7:11 PM
All my animals have had training there and they remember me when I call about reservations. My dogs are happy there too and I also can't say enough about those nice ladies.

engteach64
June 28th, 2009, 12:06 PM
We go there about once a year during the holidays, and they remember everything. They know the dogs names and what their needs are. I love that place. The ladies are wonderful, and the dogs actually go with them without pulling away. They love it there.

xzochye
June 30th, 2009, 5:28 PM
What are there prices like?

engteach64
June 30th, 2009, 8:12 PM
The last time we went we paid 25.00 a day for the both of them. They go by weight, and Haley was 12.00 and Flash was 13.00. They were there for 6 nights, and it cost 150.00. That was the last receipt I had, but we took them another time and they cost the same, but I paid an extra 1.50 for them to giver Haley her pills.

You pay up front, bring their food, and any toys they need. They request (I think) that you don't bring bedding because they supply that for easier cleaning. I bring food with a label taped to the front for them so they know how much food they take, treats, and pills. I've never had a problem, and they always remember us.

xzochye
July 2nd, 2009, 12:11 PM
That's not to bad. Kinda scary for me since I have a 70lb lab! I will have to remember their name though. I will need to board my doggies next year.

FieryPrincess
July 4th, 2009, 5:30 PM
That sounds about like what I paid and I have a 70 pound lab.