PDA

View Full Version : All of Russia's Track and Field Team might be banned from the Olympics

siamcat
June 17th, 2016, 7:09 PM
The IAAF upheld the ban on all Russian athletes on the track and field team for doping and failing to institute measures to have it not happen. One last appeal to maybe allow individual athletes never under suspicion of doping to compete, but I think it's the right decision in my mind.

They need to crack down on countries breaking the rules and turning a blind eye in order to get more medals. I would say the same if it was the U.S.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/olympics/iaaf-upholds-bans-on-russian-athletes-for-rio-games/ar-AAhc8dU?ocid=ansmsnsports11

sojourner truth
June 17th, 2016, 9:37 PM
Good... Maybe they will finally learn that cheating does not always work, At least not when the international folks get involved.

sickofpc
June 18th, 2016, 8:16 AM
Russia has been doping since the 60s....and everyone knew it.

mac
June 18th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Russia has been doping since the 60s....and everyone knew it.

well, not just Russia but the entire Soviet Union! Hell, the East German Team's women even had hair peekin' out over their tops....especially one shot put fraulein.....and one of their skeet shooters had a deeper voice than any man on our team.....one of their trap shooters was something like 6'9" or so....mac

Ludwig
June 18th, 2016, 3:04 PM
well, not just Russia but the entire Soviet Union! Hell, the East German Team's women even had hair peekin' out over their tops....especially one shot put fraulein.....and one of their skeet shooters had a deeper voice than any man on our team.....one of their trap shooters was something like 6'9" or so....macThey were on the cutting edge of society... gender does not matter... you are whatever you say you are.

mac
June 18th, 2016, 4:40 PM
They were on the cutting edge of society... gender does not matter... you are whatever you say you are.

Yeow, come to think of it, Ludwig, I s'pect y ou might remember some of those DDR Brumhildes too, huh?.....remember that one weight lifter?.....mac

fchafey
June 19th, 2016, 7:47 AM
They banned a super bowl or an ordinary beer commecial over the lampooning over that stuff. Thery had really butch women dressed in one piecers and the capper was evening wear consisted of the same bathing suit and a flash light. Believe it was a Lite Beer commercial.

siamcat
July 19th, 2016, 9:42 PM
Looks like maybe none of the Russian athletes will have the opportunity to compete.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/sports/report-confirms-state-sponsored-doping-by-russia-at-olympics.html

TORONTO — The world’s leading antidoping officials on Monday called for Russia to be barred from this summer’s Rio Games after a damning report confirmed a Russian whistle-blower’s claims of government-ordered cheating at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.

CenTexDave
July 20th, 2016, 7:48 AM
Sad for the honest ones, but Russia has been cheating for the past 65+ years so no surprise they were finally caught.

mac
July 20th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Sad for the honest ones, but Russia has been cheating for the past 65+ years so no surprise they were finally caught.

totally agree......feel bad for the 'straight arrows' but, as you said, this sort of Russian Behavior goes back, uninterrupted, to the early '50s and the 'good old ussr days'......that girl with the flashlight that someone on here wrote about is absolutely true...but it may have been DDR instead of USSR but even if that's so, it was all the same and light 'tween the two, back in the day.... mac

gnatsum
July 20th, 2016, 11:57 AM
They banned a super bowl or an ordinary beer commecial over the lampooning over that stuff. Thery had really butch women dressed in one piecers and the capper was evening wear consisted of the same bathing suit and a flash light. Believe it was a Lite Beer commercial.

I remember that one. You nailed it perfectly with your recollection of it.

I remember another beer commercial (another Lite one?) from the '80s or '90s that featured comedian Joe Piscopo (ex-SNL) as a member of the "East German Women's Swim Team". He and her fellow...females drink Lite because it tastes great...and "to keep the girlish figure", whereupon Joe and the other "girls" strike a bodybuilder's pose to show off their pectoral muscles (joe was working out a lot after leaving 'Saturday Night Live'...)

sojourner truth
July 20th, 2016, 1:50 PM
Or like my dad used to say.... "She was a hell of a lumberjack"....

CenTexDave
July 26th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Seven Russian swimmers denied.

mac
July 26th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Seven Russian swimmers denied.

is that all it boiled down to? I'm not a great olympic fan, except for the skeet tournaments but I sure expected a hell of a lot more than just 7 denials. are the denials by name or is russia prohibited from even competing in the swimming events?......mac

CenTexDave
July 26th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Their entire track and field team has been banned also.
The swimmers were by name I believe.