PDA

View Full Version : New NBA Record tonight....and what a show!

mac
April 13th, 2016, 11:19 PM
Wow.....saw curry make one from the other end of the court, deep deep in the pain....almost under the basket. Guess I can turn in now, looks like GS is gonna win the game.....kind of doubt if anyone alive tonight will ever see another team play a year like GS has done......Now it's time for the Spurs to shine....mac

xzochye
April 14th, 2016, 7:42 AM
Wow.....saw curry make one from the other end of the court, deep deep in the pain....almost under the basket. Guess I can turn in now, looks like GS is gonna win the game.....kind of doubt if anyone alive tonight will ever see another team play a year like GS has done......Now it's time for the Spurs to shine....mac

Time for them to shine? They have yet to stop shining.

mac
April 14th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Time for them to shine? They have yet to stop shining.

yep....true that. nice catch!.....

i wish i could've liked Kobe (there was a time when I thought he hung the moon).....but can't get over what he did to that poor little girl.....he had a great game last night too......i flat wore out my remote last night switchin' back and forth to 'last channel'.....mac

sickofpc
April 14th, 2016, 3:38 PM
Kobe is a selfish, arrogant T___. I have watched him several times griping at his teammates, over talking his coach during timeouts, and just ignoring his coach. Jackson was a little bit honest about Kobe in his book, but...if some of his coaches told what they really thought of him..umm umm. I would bet they have a lot to say about him, as well as his teammates, if they would really tell what they thought about that ball hogging prima donna.

CenTexDave
April 19th, 2016, 7:43 AM
Seriously .... think about it. 82 game schedule and win 73 of them!! Incredible, especially with the amount of travel required these days.
That said, hope the Spurs beat them in the playoffs.

mac
April 19th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Seriously .... think about it. 82 game schedule and win 73 of them!! Incredible, especially with the amount of travel required these days.
That said, hope the Spurs beat them in the playoffs.

Yeow....so do I but......I just don't see how any team out there can hope to beat Currie and the Warriors in a multi game series..........this guy can shoot his shot and be back in his offensive post befor the thing hits the net or rebounds (and there aren't really that many rebounds with Currie). I've been a Spurs guy ever since the Admiral started playing with them but I just don't see them winning more than one, a couple at the most against golden state.....wish it were otherwise....mac

CenTexDave
April 19th, 2016, 1:07 PM
I think the only way the Warriors lose the championship is for a couple of teams to wear them down before
they get to the finals.
The Cavs did give them a decent championship series last year, and that with two starters out (Love and Irving).

mac
April 19th, 2016, 3:45 PM
I think the only way the Warriors lose the championship is for a couple of teams to wear them down before
they get to the finals.
The Cavs did give them a decent championship series last year, and that with two starters out (Love and Irving).

or an injury.....some Rodman type to take out Curry......but, truth be told, Curry is not the only long range shooter they got.....just the best.....mac

fchafey
April 19th, 2016, 3:51 PM
If the Warrior are smart they will get rid of Houston quick, so they can rest. of course the owner may not like that and see it as lost revenue. I stayed up and watched the game last night and they handled Houston pretty easy once again with no Curry.

sickofpc
April 19th, 2016, 6:32 PM
The thing I really like about the Warriors is that they do play as a team..even with someone as great as Curry. That impresses me. They, to me, are very similar to the Spurs... You don't see someone like a Howard or a Bryant on either team, either....

CenTexDave
April 20th, 2016, 10:13 AM
I agree. I'm very impressed with them as they play team ball.

CenTexDave
May 27th, 2016, 9:33 AM
The NBA Conference Championships are getting very interesting.
Warriors won last night to stay alive, and now game 6 will be in Okie City. OKC still leads it 3-2.
The Cleveland Cavs play tonight in Toronto, where they seem to play bad. Cavs lead it 3-2. Game 7, if needed, would be in Cleveland.
Might have a new champ this year.

CenTexDave
May 28th, 2016, 6:13 AM
The Cavs blow out Toronto in Toronto for the East Championship.
Now waiting for the winner of the Warriors-Oklahoma City western championship series. OKC leads 3-2, with game 6 tonight in OKC.
So Cleveland will get a good rest. If OKC wins the championship series will open in Cleveland. If Golden State wins the championship
series opens in Oakland.
GO CAVS.

Rick
May 28th, 2016, 7:24 AM
The Cavs are healthy and looking good.

Was good to see so much class on the court last night. As the starters were pulled, they went over and congratulated the Cavs and hats off to the Toronto fans for their support of their team.

CenTexDave
May 28th, 2016, 9:42 AM
CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CenTexDave
May 29th, 2016, 8:51 AM
Damn, damn, and double damn! The Thunder had that game won last night and let it slip away.
Now game 7 back in Oakland, and I'd be willing to bet that Golden State will win it.
Definitely wanted OKC to win this one. The Cavs played, and beat, them twice this year. The Cavs
played, and lost, to Golden State twice this year.
Looks like a replay of last year's finals. But this time around the Cavs will be at full strength as
Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are alive and well.

mac
May 29th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Damn, damn, and double damn! The Thunder had that game won last night and let it slip away.
Now game 7 back in Oakland, and I'd be willing to bet that Golden State will win it.
Definitely wanted OKC to win this one. The Cavs played, and beat, them twice this year. The Cavs
played, and lost, to Golden State twice this year.
Looks like a replay of last year's finals. But this time around the Cavs will be at full strength as
Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are alive and well.

well, they didn't actually "let it slip away", they THREW it away,......I have no idea how that happened. Obviously I'm a GSW fan so that was fine but wow! That was definitely a 'edge of the seater' game..........game 7 is gonna really be something else.

The Cavs are gonna be though, no matter who they play. Seems like James is peaking at just the right time....mac

CenTexDave
May 29th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Right on, Senor Mac. Durant and his buddy Westbrook screwed that one up big time.
Should be a great game 7 and a good finals. Hope the Cavs can finally pull it off.
But hey - a good sign. The Indians are in first place!!! :)

mac
May 29th, 2016, 3:10 PM
Right on, Senor Mac. Durant and his buddy Westbrook screwed that one up big time.
Should be a great game 7 and a good finals. Hope the Cavs can finally pull it off.
But hey - a good sign. The Indians are in first place!!! :)

btw: lest I leave a false impresson, I'm no 'lord James' fan either. I sort of reckon that if GSW can't grab it, I'll be an OKC fan for a week or so ) just don't tell my son in law up there....he already gloats too much...mac (btw, if you don't already know it, tune in early. Curry always puts on a pre game, warm-up show of his own.....shooting and making incredible shots from the far side of 'mid-court' and nothing but net......it's a great show of skill.....(but as my old man would've said, i wonder how much time that boy wasted gittin' that good'.....mac

CenTexDave
May 29th, 2016, 4:26 PM
Question for ya, Mac, seeing that Curry seems to be your favorite:
What town is Stephen Curry from?? (Hint - think LeBron James!! lol)

mac
May 29th, 2016, 5:38 PM
Question for ya, Mac, seeing that Curry seems to be your favorite:
What town is Stephen Curry from?? (Hint - think LeBron James!! lol)

yeow, but he got the hell out of akron just as fast as he possibly could......and who wouldn't. btw, he's not really my favorite. my favorite is prob'ly Parker.....ever since Kidd left Dallas. Hell, I liked Kidd even when he played for the Nets !....mac

sickofpc
May 30th, 2016, 7:30 AM
mac, hard to believe you would have Kidd as your favorite player. Do you know his history? The letter T comes to mind....

fchafey
May 30th, 2016, 8:47 AM
mac, hard to believe you would have Kidd as your favorite player. Do you know his history? The letter T comes to mind....

Letter T? Kidd was a wife beater. Broke a couple of her ribs and bounced her head off a car hood. Real class act.

mac
May 30th, 2016, 2:08 PM

I guess I don't know his history. can you expand? The letter T doesn't work for me.....all I can think of is "traitor" and I kind of doubt if that's what you mean....mac

sickofpc
May 30th, 2016, 3:57 PM
mac, see chafey's post. First letter T, second u, last d.

mac
May 30th, 2016, 6:32 PM
mac, see chafey's post. First letter T, second u, last d.

"turd"?.........mac

sickofpc
May 30th, 2016, 9:44 PM
Uhhhh, yes, mac.

mac
May 30th, 2016, 11:40 PM
wow....hard to win a game when 3 pointers keep fallin' out of the sky aout of nowhere. great game....mac

CenTexDave
May 31st, 2016, 7:41 AM
I imagine the Oklahoma City Thunder is wondering WTH happened. Had a 3-1 game lead and blows the last two games.
Should be a good finals. At least hope it is.
Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!

fchafey
May 31st, 2016, 8:08 AM
They are now called Chokelahoma......As long as Golden State wins, the rioting should be minimal in Oakland...

mac
May 31st, 2016, 3:19 PM
They are now called Chokelahoma......As long as Golden State wins, the rioting should be minimal in Oakland...

i didn't see as much "chokeing" as I did ball keeping....as barkley likes to say they were just a bunch of wanta be heroes (well, he says something similar to that).....but really, what in the hell can you do when all that high angle stuff starts dropping down on you....out of no where...hell, curry released several times before they even got set up...nothing you can do with a ball on the down path....i kind of think the rioting will be bad no matter who wins or loses....it's just the nature of the beast....mac

fchafey
May 31st, 2016, 3:35 PM
The Thunder were up 3-1. They choked, blew it, couldn't get it done, nose dived, tanked, shat the bed, spit the bit, ruined the bathrobe Jenny....

CenTexDave
June 1st, 2016, 9:04 AM
I got all excited when they were up 35-20. Then the wheels came off.

fchafey
June 1st, 2016, 9:08 AM
I hope Cleveland gets a championship, really do, but I think their best chance went out the window when the Thunder blew it. Don't see them being able to stop the machine that is Golden State this year, especially when Curry throws the ball from wherever and it goes in. All the In laws are Bay Area transplants from the fall of Samosa, so along with watching San José, the NBA finals will be fun.

CenTexDave
June 1st, 2016, 10:30 AM
I think you may be right. Curry is usually unstoppable. Can't contain him, just hope to keep him under 30.
But the Cavs have both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love healthy and they didn't play in the finals last year. Well, Irving did for a
few minutes until his knee shattered. Different team than last year; different team than 5 months ago. When the new coach
decided to put TristanThompson strictly at center, then they added Channing Frye, the team improved a bunch.

sickofpc
June 1st, 2016, 12:22 PM
Just can't see myself cheering for LeBron James.

mac
June 1st, 2016, 12:25 PM
I got all excited when they were up 35-20. Then the wheels came off.

i got pretty .....depressed at about that same time but then......the bombs started raining down!....and all was good.... I just wish they'd keep curry out of the paint.....leave him in the rear. Somebody's (King James?) gonna put a whuppin' on him down there under the basket.....i can just see that happenin'.....mac

mac
June 1st, 2016, 12:27 PM

AMEN to that, PC. That just ain't gonna happen.....mac

fchafey
June 1st, 2016, 12:38 PM

Well the days of Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Bill Walton, Danny Ainge, and Jerry Sichting just don't exist anymore. Oh, that's not what you meant? never mind.......
:)

CenTexDave
June 3rd, 2016, 7:52 AM
This Finals will be over quick if the Cavs don't get with it.

CenTexDave
June 6th, 2016, 8:34 AM
And they looked worse last night, plus Love now apparently has a concussion.
This might go 5 but that's it. The Cavs just don't match up at all against Golden State.
I think if they were playing Oklahoma City they'd win it, but the Warriors are just too good.

Rick
June 6th, 2016, 9:37 AM
I watched a little bit and loved how Love got elbow'd in the back of the head and is laying on the floor until they can manage to call a foul on the Cavs.

CenTexDave
June 6th, 2016, 10:20 AM
IMO Love was a big mistake for them to obtain. Plus he always seem to get hurt.
Irving hasn't shown up to play yet either.
Another disappointing finish for a Cleveland team.
But wait............the Tribe swept KC and are in first place!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick
June 6th, 2016, 1:20 PM
Ya, the Indians are 18-7 against the Central division, but they are 8-12 against the East and West and 5-5 in inter-league play.

CenTexDave
June 7th, 2016, 8:47 AM
They were cruising good then Baltimore and Texas cooled them off, but a sweep of the Royals was impressive.
Now a west coast trip to Seattle and L.A.

Rick
June 7th, 2016, 8:48 AM
They beat Seattle last night. :thumbsup

CenTexDave
June 8th, 2016, 4:46 AM
You sure about that? I thought Seattle won, 7-1.

Rick
June 8th, 2016, 5:31 AM
That was last night, Tuesday. Indians won Monday night.

CenTexDave
June 8th, 2016, 6:18 AM
Still have a 2.5 game lead, but Detroit now appears to be playing much better.

CenTexDave
June 8th, 2016, 7:06 PM
And now Kevin Love will miss game #3 because of concussion protocol.
This guy is always hurt when you need him most. Hope the Cavs dump him.

mac
June 8th, 2016, 7:14 PM
And now Kevin Love will miss game #3 because of concussion protocol.
This guy is always hurt when you need him most. Hope the Cavs dump him.

personally i don't think if they had half a dozen kevin loves, it'd save their asses.......well, gotta get my popcorn out and get read to watch it....mac

CenTexDave
June 9th, 2016, 8:21 AM
Watch the game last night, Mac? :))

fchafey
June 9th, 2016, 8:29 AM
It will go 7, not much else on TV. GS looked like they didn't even care, it was that obvious. Not saying GS will still win, just typical money making. I don't think the Stanley Cup will go 7, it should be over tonight in Pittsburgh. I watched the OU girls beat Auburn in softball, I really enjoy that. Next up is the little league world series in a couple of weeks.

CenTexDave
June 9th, 2016, 9:10 AM
I would think GS will come out more determined Friday night, but the Cavs reailze they can't let them go up 3-1.
If they had any sense at all, they would keep Love in "concussion protocol".
Last year when they met in the finals the Cavs used a different defensive scheme, and it really showed in games 1 and 2.
Last night they went back to that defense and the results were obvious. A smaller, quicker lineup.
Kyrie Irving finally came alive and that definitely helped. J.R, Smith actually made a few 3's.
Still think GS will win it all, but it won't be in Cleveland. But, then again, anything can happen in a Game 7.
GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mac
June 9th, 2016, 2:41 PM
Watch the game last night, Mac? :))

yep......what a mess......

CenTexDave
June 10th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Expect a repeat for tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

gnatsum
June 10th, 2016, 3:39 PM

Repeat of what? Cavs winning, or the Warriors slamming the door on Cleveland again? :)

Night Owl
June 10th, 2016, 4:29 PM
Repeat of what? Cavs winning, or the Warriors slamming the door on Cleveland again? :)
The latter,:)).

Night Owl
June 10th, 2016, 4:32 PM
Yeppers I agree. A repeat of game 1 and 2.

mac
June 10th, 2016, 6:14 PM

the warriors winning, of course. never ever thought even in my wildest dreams i'd ever be rooting for anything that even came close to comin' out of Oakland.....but, there it is.......yeow, warriors will take it tonight......although not even close to the margin they got whupped by the other night. that was absolutely horrible....mac

CenTexDave
June 11th, 2016, 6:27 AM
Cavs died in the 4th quarter. It's all but over now.

Night Owl
June 11th, 2016, 10:26 AM
ABJ! ABJ! ABJ! ABJ! ABJ! ABJ! ABJ! ABJ! ABJ!

Anyone but James.

mac
June 11th, 2016, 11:16 AM
wow....some of those 'curry bombs' were just.....incredible.....mac

CenTexDave
June 14th, 2016, 6:59 AM
Curry got 25 last night, on 8-21 shooting!!!!
Meanwhile, LeBron and Irving both hit for 41 - first time in NBA history that two teammates hit for 40+ in the same game.
They needed that, though, as Kevin Love is starting to show how totally useless he really is.
Game 6 and onto Cleveland. Starting to get interesting.

fchafey
June 14th, 2016, 8:16 AM
Was really evident with Green out and Bogut twisting his knee. Hello 7 games.

Rick
June 14th, 2016, 8:38 AM
Irving was on fire last night. He is fun to watch.

CenTexDave
June 14th, 2016, 8:41 AM
Was interesting to see Anderson Varjero playing for GS. He's an ex-Cav and was a fan favorite, but
the past few years was always injured so they had to let him go. Of course, Steve Kerr is an ex-Cav too,
but not interesting to see him coach. :)

Rick
June 14th, 2016, 8:58 AM
Have you seen these Dave?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnKOc6FISU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spDdO_ZB-lE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY6GAOPGuPs

CenTexDave
June 14th, 2016, 9:17 AM
Thought that was LeBron in the third video. Turned out to be Ray Allen. :))

Rick
June 17th, 2016, 6:52 AM
Game 7!!!! I don't think too many people were expecting that.

Little crybaby, Curry, got mad and threw his nasty ass spit filled pacifier at a fan after he fouled out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=budoDPShiVI

fchafey
June 17th, 2016, 8:22 AM
And it will be on ebay for 200 bucks....

CenTexDave
June 17th, 2016, 10:00 AM
And Curry's wife, after the past two games, has shown what an idiot she is with bunches of Twitter messages.
Gonna be a good game 7.
Win or lose, LeBron has shown who the true MVP of this league is, and has been for the past decade.

Rick
June 17th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Ya, Curry's wife is acting like a spoiled brat, just like him.

The Cavs are showing that he can't play if he has to play defense. I hope they continue to dominate on Sunday.

CenTexDave
June 17th, 2016, 11:10 AM
No team has ever come back and won a finals being down 3-1, until.................................
Cavs have gotten into Golden State's head. Green, after being suspended for game 5 and blowing his mouth off
that if he wasn't suspended there would be no game 6, has proved about worthless. The same as Love has proven worthless.
Look for LeBron to have another monster game and for Irving to assist. The Cavs' coach needs to keep Love where he belongs - on the
bench. Was good to see Tristian Thompson finally play like most knew he could but wasn't allowed to. The guy is a beast on the boards and scored last night too.
CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sickofpc
June 17th, 2016, 1:53 PM
uhhhhh....Go Golden State!8-;:thumbsup;)

Ludwig
June 17th, 2016, 4:58 PM
I really would like to see Basketball to return to being a team sport.

mac
June 17th, 2016, 6:23 PM

in a way i would too....i really enjoy some good passing and ball handling.....but, on the other hand, i really like some long range arty too.....and of course, the alley oops. heck, i guess the only thing i don't really care for is the dunks....mac

CenTexDave
June 18th, 2016, 8:19 AM

Watch the NCAA Women's March Madness.

mac
June 18th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Watch the NCAA Women's March Madness.

Good point, Dave....mac

Ludwig
June 18th, 2016, 3:02 PM
Watch the NCAA Women's March Madness.I would if they dressed for basketball in the same uniforms as they use for beach volleyball.:)):))

Rick
June 19th, 2016, 3:01 PM
For sure for sure.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160619/3ff1d396cef66dc00890aa7314fee8fb.jpg

mac
June 19th, 2016, 4:15 PM
For sure for sure.

Hate to bust your bubble, Rick, but it just ain't gonna happen. You can compare all those long bombs you'll be getting tonight to stakes in the heart.......I'm kind of guessin' the first one will really really hurt.....kind of feel sorry for you.....mac

Night Owl
June 19th, 2016, 4:18 PM
For sure for sure.
Even Cleveland granddad's want one since they have been hoping for one since they were kids.:))

mac
June 19th, 2016, 4:20 PM
Even Cleveland granddad's want one since they have been hoping for one since they were kids.:))

i'll bet if they were in Cleveland today, they'd damned sure not want a win. Hell, come to think about it, if I lived in Oakland, I wouldn't want a win tonight either.....it'll be a tough night on one of those places...mac

Rick
June 19th, 2016, 6:12 PM
Hate to bust your bubble, Rick, but it just ain't gonna happen. You can compare all those long bombs you'll be getting tonight to stakes in the heart.......I'm kind of guessin' the first one will really really hurt.....kind of feel sorry for you.....mac
Didn't you say that it was over the other night?

Rick
June 19th, 2016, 9:59 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160620/39bde4c3ffdc1d05babdb7b8c28f395f.jpg

mac
June 19th, 2016, 11:37 PM
Didn't you say that it was over the other night?

i guess it's hell being right, even when your wrong......man oh man, that was just terrible....mac

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2016, 6:51 AM
Hell damn yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The curse is over. No more choke, no more Red Right 88, no more The Drive, no more The Fumble, no more The Blown Save.
LeBron didn't have a great offensive game, but his defense was awesome.
And, strange, I haven't seen any Twitters from Curry's wife. :)

Rick
June 20th, 2016, 7:20 AM
Irving was amazing and kept them in the game until Lebron woke up. And Kevin Love, what the hell? He was a beast last night.

And...there have not been any reports of the fans burning the town down.

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2016, 7:29 AM
That block LeBron did on that sure layup in the 4th quarter was perhaps the most amazing defensive play
I've ever seen. People can knock him, bash him, bad mouth him all they want, but he is without a doubt
the best player of the past two decades if not all time. Michael Jordan for sure gets a lot of deserved
mention, but Jordan was pretty much one dimensional as a guard. LeBron can play any position and play it well.
He's probably the best point guard in the game today. Has more assists than point guards night after night.
He took the game over last night.
I will add that GS fans did express some good attention and not tear down the arena. And the Warriors' coach,
Steve Kerr, was seriously honest and classy during the post game interviews.

fchafey
June 20th, 2016, 7:58 AM
Lebron was the third person to have a triple double in an NBA finals game 7. He know joins Jerry West and James Worthy. Not too shabby company. Good for Cleveland, very happy for the town and it fans.

Ludwig
June 20th, 2016, 8:21 AM
Someone help me understand how Cleveland can go so nuts over a professional team who is only in town because that is where the industry allowed them to open a franchise won a championship. What is the basis of their pride as a community?

BTW: It seems that whether you win or lose, it's always a good excuse for destruction of property and looting along with other acts of moral turpitude.

If the Texas Rangers happen to win the World Series, who gets to go nuts... the whole State, or just Arlington?

Such nonsense!!!

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2016, 8:30 AM
Ever been there Ludwig? Clevelanders are extremely proud of their city. Once a huge industrial city, but starting in the 1960's it started to crumble. I admit it was a mess. The steel industry was huge, along with
other factories and industries, but they all polluted the Cuyahoga River which runs through the middle of the city and caused huge pollution in Lake Erie. I remember when the river caught on fire.
It all started changing in the early 80's. The steel mills and most of the other factories were gone. Typical relocation to the south/overseas. U.S. Steel, Republic Steel, Inland Steel all gone. Breweries gone.
The "flats" - the area where all the steel mills, etc were - was redeveloped. The river immediately started to clean itself. Now the area is a nice area of parks, restaurants and apartments. The Rock-n-Roll Hall of
Fame opened there.
Cleveland is a great sports town. You don't come off as that interested in sports, but the Browns won the NFL Championship first year in the NFL. Cleveland had two football teams. The Browns became
so popular the Rams left town for Los Angeles. The Browns continued to be good through the 50's and 60's until that idiot owner (Ar Modell) finally drove a spike into Cleveland's heart and moved the
team to Baltimore. Seems ol' Art forgot, however, that the Browns' name had been trademarked by Paul Brown (their first coach) so he couldn't keep the name. The Indians had their chances over the years
but always came up short. The Cavs have been around 45 years. Could never beat Jordan and the Bulls though.
Too many chokes and disappointments over the years. The city needed this one.
And, believe me, if the Rangers should win the World Series the entire state will be tooting its horn.

sickofpc
June 20th, 2016, 8:31 AM
Thoughts on the game....GS couldn't hit anything, especially early, cold all night..one guy just kept jacking it, Curry was horrible all night long.....GS was out played, out hustled...Cleveland did play together, and played great, hustling defense, will give them credit...James? a man child..still don't like him...when he went down with his wrist "injury" at the end..you would have thought he had broken it in two. Moaning and groaning all over the floor, whole team checking on him..then, he gets up, shoots free throws and continues playing like nothing ever happened. Prima donna, show boat. ...Great player, big, strong, fast, talented..but, just can't like him....Cleveland did play great, as a team, hit shots when they had to, great defense, and deserved to win, as much as I hate to say it.....Congratulations to Cleveland and you fans on here....................(It still amazes me how guys with the bodies they have, getting paid millions, millions of dollars to play the game, ..miss so many free throws and layups)

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2016, 8:45 AM
Part of his plan maybe? Bought an extra two minutes to recharge his batteries, but when he missed that first foul shot I though "Oh, crap!!", but made the second.
You either like him or hate him. Odd, though, that you never see him in the news for spouse abuse, etc. Has given plenty of time and money to charities over the years.
Many don't remember he was also an all-state WR in high school football. Most are happy he decided to go into the NBA after high school and not play college football.
It took a long time and three shots at the championship, but he finally did it. Will they repeat? I doubt it. Some of those guys will probably seek the big $$ in the free
agent market. And LeBron is not getting any younger. He's 31 now. Seems like he's been in the league for 20 years (actually 13).

Ludwig
June 20th, 2016, 8:54 AM
Ever been there Ludwig? ... The "flats" - the area where all the steel mills, etc were - was redeveloped. The river immediately started to clean itself. Now the area is a nice area of parks, restaurants and apartments. The Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame opened there.Yes, I've been to Cleveland... even fell in love with it... I arrived there after the redevelopment.

Cleveland is a great sports town.I don't know what you mean by that.

You don't come off as that interested in sports, ... The city needed this one.To the contrary, I am a great sports fan. However, I do not recognize what the professionals do as being sport... it's a business... the product is entertainment and commercial sales.

And, believe me, if the Rangers should win the World Series the entire state will be tooting its horn.Where does that leave the Astros? No, not the whole state will be tooting its horn... the sane will continue to live life as usual. BTW: How many Texan's play with the Ranger franchise?

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2016, 9:06 AM
1. The fans support the teams, win or lose. Browns' Stadium is always full and the fans have come to expect a loss. :)
2. I would think that Astros' fans would get on the band wagon when the playoffs start seeing the Astros don't appear to
be bound for the playoffs.
3. I have no idea how many Texans play for the Rangers. Wouldn't surprise me if the correct answer is zero. But the
entire team now lives/plays in or around Arlington.

Rick
June 20th, 2016, 9:12 AM
Ya, the wrist thing looked like drama, but he only had to play for ten more seconds after that.

Rick
June 20th, 2016, 9:25 AM
Part of his plan maybe? Bought an extra two minutes to recharge his batteries, but when he missed that first foul shot I though "Oh, crap!!", but made the second.
You either like him or hate him. Odd, though, that you never see him in the news for spouse abuse, etc. Has given plenty of time and money to charities over the years.
Many don't remember he was also an all-state WR in high school football. Most are happy he decided to go into the NBA after high school and not play college football.
It took a long time and three shots at the championship, but he finally did it. Will they repeat? I doubt it. Some of those guys will probably seek the big $$ in the free
agent market. And LeBron is not getting any younger. He's 31 now. Seems like he's been in the league for 20 years (actually 13).
Urban Meyer tried to recruit James to go to Notre Dame....lol

Jefferson is retiring. He was huge this series. I think he brought a lot of maturity to the team.

fchafey
June 20th, 2016, 9:38 AM
1. The fans support the teams, win or lose. Browns' Stadium is always full and the fans have come to expect a loss. :)
2. I would think that Astros' fans would get on the band wagon when the playoffs start seeing the Astros don't appear to
be bound for the playoffs.
3. I have no idea how many Texans play for the Rangers. Wouldn't surprise me if the correct answer is zero. But the
entire team now lives/plays in or around Arlington.

Always got a kick out of this quote from Will Ferrell about baseball: " There is nothing more American than grabbing a hotdog, heading to the ball park to watch nine guys from the Dominican Republic make magic on the field."

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2016, 9:49 AM
Urban Meyer tried to recruit James to go to Notre Dame....lol

Jefferson is retiring. He was huge this series. I think he brought a lot of maturity to the team.

I expect Mo Williams to also retire, as will some of the others that are in their mid-30's and saw little playing time. J.R. Smith
is a free agent. Now that he's got a ring he may go for the big $$. The other SGs are old too - both Jones "Bros" are 35, and Shumpert is on the other
side of 30. They'll need to find a couple of shooting guards. Lots of drama as to whether they will trade Kevin Love. I'm not a fan of his, but when they started to plug him in
a few times at center to give Thompson some rest he did just fine. And he did show up last night and gave Curry fits.
Doesn't matter to me what happens next year or further into the future - can't ever take away last night!

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2016, 10:07 AM
And now -----------------------
GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mac
June 20th, 2016, 12:25 PM
I expect Mo Williams to also retire, as will some of the others that are in their mid-30's and saw little playing time. J.R. Smith
is a free agent. Now that he's got a ring he may go for the big $$. The other SGs are old too - both Jones "Bros" are 35, and Shumpert is on the other
side of 30. They'll need to find a couple of shooting guards. Lots of drama as to whether they will trade Kevin Love. I'm not a fan of his, but when they started to plug him in
a few times at center to give Thompson some rest he did just fine. And he did show up last night and gave Curry fits.
Doesn't matter to me what happens next year or further into the future - can't ever take away last night!

well....fo sho, that's true. that's not a sight a guy can ever 'un-see'.....mac

Rick
June 20th, 2016, 1:25 PM
And the title of this thread still applies!

Rick
June 20th, 2016, 3:00 PM

kantwin
June 20th, 2016, 4:15 PM
Didn't watch any of the games - I'm not a basketball fan. But, I saw this and thought of this topic.
http://www.centextalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6224&stc=1

mac
June 20th, 2016, 4:41 PM
Didn't watch any of the games - I'm not a basketball fan. But, I saw this and thought of this topic.
http://www.centextalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6224&stc=1

oh wow......now that's down right nasty.....and i happen to be a gs fan for the nonce......truth be told, GS, had 3 or 4 chances to put the game away and just didn't seem to want it bad enough.....oh well.....the Spurs'll be back next year and make everything OK again.....mac

Rick
June 20th, 2016, 6:32 PM
These are better.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160620/a291313e64b59132dccafc87a158fc26.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160620/f488b9f23444f9a7909cb59dca7efbeb.jpg

CenTexDave
June 21st, 2016, 9:56 AM
At least Kantwin added a pic when LeBron was on the Heat.
I see your Tide is again potent this year now that a district attorney has decided not to indict a couple of players. :)

Rick
June 21st, 2016, 10:00 AM
The Kiss Cam from the Indians game last night.
http://www.centextalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6225&stc=1

Rick
June 21st, 2016, 5:35 PM
They had to close the airports in Cleveland. They didn't want the planes to hit the flying pigs.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160621/2b90d362f224dbc06f0515a37007099d.jpg

Rick
June 22nd, 2016, 8:52 AM
Parade day!! They are expecting 800,000 to attend.

Rick
June 22nd, 2016, 10:35 AM

sickofpc
June 22nd, 2016, 10:40 AM
I just keep picturing the man child, LJ, with his drama filled wrist "injury" and then his MJ style, copy of celebration after the game, head down on the floor, etc.......but, I'll give them credit, they did play great....Winning can do great things for cities, colleges, high schools, and communities. Life is like that.

CenTexDave
June 22nd, 2016, 11:10 AM
This "man child" is the highest paid American athlete and only a couple European soccer players earn more.

sickofpc
June 22nd, 2016, 11:38 AM
I do think you are having a bromance with L J, lol......Dave, I recognize that he is a great player and a great athlete, he's just not too likable to me. (I never did understand the throwing the powder in the air thing)

Night Owl
June 22nd, 2016, 11:44 AM
LJ is all about one thing...LJ.

fchafey
June 22nd, 2016, 12:15 PM
This "man child" is the highest paid American athlete and only a couple European soccer players earn more.

Cristiano Rinaldo (today's modern panty dropper)

Lionel Messi ( ran a clinic last night against the men's soccer team, you should see his goal around the 26th minute, amazing)

CenTexDave
June 22nd, 2016, 12:17 PM
As is Tony Romo, Adrian Peterson, etc.
The powder in the air thing was cocaine? :)

Rick
June 22nd, 2016, 1:07 PM
I'm looking at the pictures in amazement. Watching these people from home enjoy themselves. Knowing what they have gone through year after year after year ending with in disappointment. So what if James is full of himself. He's not asking for anything from anyone. But it is a team sport and the final three games showed that if you don't play as a team, you will lose.

I ask any critic of James to look past that petty criticism and look at Kyrie Irving. I think he's the most talented player out there.

cnjbond
June 22nd, 2016, 3:46 PM
I'm not a LJ fan either (I was up until the "taking my talents to south beach" crap) but I have to give the guy credit, he is one helluva player!!!

CenTexDave
June 23rd, 2016, 7:55 AM
Cristiano Rinaldo (today's modern panty dropper)

Lionel Messi ( ran a clinic last night against the men's soccer team, you should see his goal around the 26th minute, amazing)

It's Ronaldo, not Rinaldo. lol And, yep, supposedly one of the greatest to ever play the game. But everytime I have watched him
play (7 or 8 matches) he has proven to be a dud.
Messi's goal was unreal, as is he. Obviously he is the best player in the world. Sure made us look bad. And when he isn't scoring
he is assisting.

CenTexDave
June 23rd, 2016, 7:59 AM
Parade day!! They are expecting 800,000 to attend.

I read on ESPN that it was estimated over 1.2M attended!! That would take in about the entire
greater Cleveland metropolitan area.

fchafey
June 23rd, 2016, 9:47 AM
It's Ronaldo, not Rinaldo. lol And, yep, supposedly one of the greatest to ever play the game. But everytime I have watched him
play (7 or 8 matches) he has proven to be a dud.
Messi's goal was unreal, as is he. Obviously he is the best player in the world. Sure made us look bad. And when he isn't scoring
he is assisting.

Sorry for the misspelling, I should have looked it up The wife just calls him "Oh my".......:)

CenTexDave
June 23rd, 2016, 10:20 AM
LOL - yeah, the "pretty boy" on the field. :)