PDA

View Full Version : Area championship round

stevendub
November 15th, 2015, 9:53 AM
Saturday games(11/21): (Both at Jerry World)

Midway (8-3) vs. Highland Park (10-1), 2 PM (winner gets Lake Travis/Spring Westfield)

Shoemaker (9-2) vs. North Mesquite (9-2), 5:30 PM (winner gets The Woodlands/Austin Westlake)

JohnKilleen
November 15th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Not much reward for winner of either game.

xzochye
November 15th, 2015, 12:52 PM
I wish they would release the ticket prices already! We would like to go to the game on Saturday.

JohnKilleen
November 16th, 2015, 3:01 PM
I suppose it will be exciting for the Shoemaker team playing at ATT but I would imagine there wont be too many people from Killeen there. KHS and Ellison used to take pretty large crowds to out of town and playoff games. We cant even fill Leo Buckley anymore.

xzochye
November 16th, 2015, 3:17 PM
I suppose it will be exciting for the Shoemaker team playing at ATT but I would imagine there wont be too many people from Killeen there. KHS and Ellison used to take pretty large crowds to out of town and playoff games. We cant even fill Leo Buckley anymore.

Leo Buckley was filled on the SHS side Friday night.

I know my son and I are going and so are a bunch of his friends. I know several families that are planning on going.

Tickets are for sale on Ticketmaster for $10.00 but I am having a difficult time purchasing them. Also, I am trying to figure out if they are going to charge an arm and a leg for parking.

CenTexDave
November 17th, 2015, 9:31 AM
Doesn't the school have them for sale?
I remember when Cove made the playoffs way back in 1998 and played Irving Nimitz at Texas Stadium. Cove's athletic department
had tickets for sale.
And we had a huge crowd there.

xzochye
November 17th, 2015, 1:09 PM
I'm not sure if they do or not. I know I bought mine through the school district last week. I am waiting to find out.

CenTexDave
November 17th, 2015, 1:39 PM
I guess your cell phone broke? :)

xzochye
November 17th, 2015, 2:34 PM
I guess your cell phone broke? :)

Nope, all ready contacted the school just waiting for an answer.

birdfriend
November 21st, 2015, 8:09 PM
Shoemaker falls to North Mesquite in OT, 14-13.

xzochye
November 22nd, 2015, 12:29 AM
Such a tough loss! Mesquite didn't win that game we lost it. We were way to anxious and had several false starts and 2 TDs that were declined due to fouls. We stayed in our end zone quite a bit and they barely made it to theirs. Overall it was a good and intense game.

CenTexDave
November 22nd, 2015, 8:24 AM
Did you attend?
I read the article in the KDH - was it roughing the kicker in the OT? Or did the refs give them a freebie?

For what it's worth - Midway won and advances.

xzochye
November 22nd, 2015, 11:58 AM
Did you attend?
I read the article in the KDH - was it roughing the kicker in the OT? Or did the refs give them a freebie?

For what it's worth - Midway won and advances.

Yeah, we were there. It was roughing the kicker, one of our guys slide into him. Although, he had already kicked...booo! LOL

It was a good game and I am not being a poor loser but Shoe really should have won they were by far the better team.

Their QB was good at staying on his feet but our defense pushed him back and down at least 8 times!

There is no way Mesquite will win next week against Westlake.

JohnKilleen
November 22nd, 2015, 3:48 PM
The Midway -Lake Travis game should be really good. It is being played in Temple. Wish I was going to be in town that weekend; I would love to see that. Guess UMHB stadium is in use this Sat fpr their game.