PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 Games

stevendub
October 25th, 2015, 9:25 AM
OFF: Ellison (6-3, 2-3)

Friday games(10/30):

Harker Heights (1-7, 0-4) @ Killeen (2-6, 1-3)

Waco Midway (4-3, 4-0) @ Belton (4-4, 2-2)

Shoemaker (6-2, 3-1) @ Copperas Cove (3-6, 3-2)

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Heights and Killeen should be good, but don't think either are going to the playoffs.
Would love to see Belton rise up and beat Midway, but doubt it will happen.
Shoemaker and Cove I think is a toss up. Which Dawgs team will show up?
Week 11 is Cove's bye week so they best hope they bring their "A" game and knock off the Wolves.

stevendub
October 27th, 2015, 7:11 PM
ALL 3 GAMES MOVED TO THURSDAY NIGHT @ 7:00

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2015, 7:39 AM
Why?

xzochye
October 28th, 2015, 7:54 AM
Why?

We are supposed to receive several inches of rain between Friday and Saturday so they are trying to avoid having to cancel a game.

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2015, 8:19 AM
Another typhoon coming? :))

fchafey
October 28th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Friday and Saturday supposedly, some areas will get 2-4 inches again.

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Good. More the merrier. :)

JohnKilleen
October 28th, 2015, 2:37 PM
Don't want what happened to Lufkin and Ennis last week. Couldn't play because of weather, flipped a coin to see who won...Lufkin got lucky.

mac
October 28th, 2015, 2:41 PM
Don't want what happened to Lufkin and Ennis last week. Couldn't play because of weather, flipped a coin to see who won...Lufkin got lucky.

as i've said before I know absolutely nothing about ball games.....maybe a littlebit about baseball and girls softball but if that's not a joke, then it makes absolutely no sense what so ever to me. if they couldn't reschedule it then why didn't they just call it a tie instead of a win/loss result..........mac

fchafey
October 28th, 2015, 3:15 PM
I believe that is how they settle tie breakers in district/state football...a coin flip, no? or at least they used to...

mac
October 28th, 2015, 6:36 PM
I believe that is how they settle tie breakers in district/state football...a coin flip, no? or at least they used to...

i was just told by one of my daughters that there ain't no ties in football......shows you how much i know.....mac

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2015, 9:40 PM

I'm surprised the UIL would even allow that. Ridiculous.

CenTexDave
October 29th, 2015, 6:44 AM

I remember when Odessa Permian won that three-way coin flip with Abilene Cooper and, I think it was, Midland Lee to advance to the playoffs.
Only two teams from each district went then and there was a three-way tie.
The flip was done on a conference phone call!!!!! What b.s.

fchafey
October 29th, 2015, 9:12 AM
i was just told by one of my daughters that there ain't no ties in football......shows you how much i know.....mac

Except in the NFL.

sojourner truth
October 29th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Ellison going to whup the tar out of bye this week.:))

CenTexDave
October 29th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Good for Ellison. Hope it ain't a forfeit or they have to flip a coin. :)

stevendub
October 29th, 2015, 2:43 PM
Another stab at predictions I take:

Killeen 17, Heights 13 (winner still with a playoff shot, loser is officially done)

Midway 48, Belton 27

Shoemaker 28, Copperas Cove 24

CenTexDave
October 29th, 2015, 3:24 PM
Killeen - Heights? Maybe.
Midway has been coming on strong. I look for something along the lines of 56-14.
Cove 38, Shoemaker 28. :)

xzochye
October 29th, 2015, 7:19 PM
Game is starting good. SHS offense and defense look good!! 6-3 us

xzochye
October 29th, 2015, 7:24 PM
Oops 3-13

xzochye
October 29th, 2015, 7:45 PM
20-6 us

Belton is actually beating Midway!!!

JohnKilleen
October 30th, 2015, 12:51 AM
There was a coin flip at one time between Permian Midland HS and Lee. They actually met in some out of the way place out of the cities to do it. Back in the day...west Texas took their HS football seriously. There was one year the local TV station broadcast the Lee -Permian game instead of one of the MLB playoff games. No one complained and they got huge ratings.

xzochye
October 30th, 2015, 8:00 AM
For the first time in Shoemaker's history we beat Cove 40-6!!! On the way home from the game I was listening to the Cove commentators on the radio and they were saying that they really thought Cove would win the game. They went on to say that they just watched a great football team play and that SHS's game was pretty much perfect except for their kicking game. I sort of agree...our offense has made a lot of improvement but there were still a few mistakes. Especially at the beginning and our boys were a bit to anxious.

stevendub
October 30th, 2015, 8:47 AM
For the first time in Shoemaker's history we beat Cove 40-6!!! On the way home from the game I was listening to the Cove commentators on the radio and they were saying that they really thought Cove would win the game. They went on to say that they just watched a great football team play and that SHS's game was pretty much perfect except for their kicking game. I sort of agree...our offense has made a lot of improvement but there were still a few mistakes. Especially at the beginning and our boys were a bit to anxious.

40-13 but still big win for the Wolves and the school..I'm not sure if even they fully understand how big the win is considering how Cove has dominated Shoemaker in particular in the past! They seem to be focused on doing well in the postseason this time.

fchafey
October 30th, 2015, 9:05 AM
Great for Shoemaker, it really is, I mean that, I think the only thing Shoemaker had before this win was thier Boys bowling team some years back. som eof those kids also played golf and I remember they were really happy about how far they had went. But of course Texas is an anagram for Football....

xzochye
October 30th, 2015, 9:25 AM
40-13 but still big win for the Wolves and the school..I'm not sure if even they fully understand how big the win is considering how Cove has dominated Shoemaker in particular in the past! They seem to be focused on doing well in the postseason this time.

Oops! You're right! I was looking at the previous score I posted...lol

xzochye
October 30th, 2015, 9:26 AM
Great for Shoemaker, it really is, I mean that, i think the only thing Shoemaker had before this win was thier Boys bowling team some years back. som eof those kids also played golf and i remember they were really happy about how fat they had went. but of course Texas is an anagram for Football....

Basketball has gone to the playoffs several times and baseball went 2 years ago. They also have (maybe had not sure) a really good Track and Field.

fchafey
October 30th, 2015, 9:28 AM
It was back when Coach Rodifer had the golf team. It was awhile ago, I guess.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Game looked good if you were a Shoemaker fan. :))

Night Owl
October 30th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Game looked good if you were a Shoemaker fan. :))
I think the ABC comment fits here.:))

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Evidently the third and fourth playoff spots are still pretty much open depending on next week's games. Cove has their bye next week, so everyone else has to lose.
Personally, I hope they don't make it. I can't imagine a team with a 3-7 record in the playoffs. I've seen some listed at 4-6 make it, but naturally they were one and done.
Talking to a couple of friends who have seen them play this year, it is pretty obvious the defense absolutely sucks and can't stop anyone. It's been this way for a few years now.
In the past they just outscored people by having a real good QB. Didn't have one this year. He just turned the ball over way too much. And he's only a junior, so I imagine Jack
Welch has him penciled in at QB for next year too. Lots of luck.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2015, 1:48 PM
Incredible. Unbelievable. Tell me it's not so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just read that because Heights beat Killeen last night, Cove clinched a playoff spot.
Fabulous. More bragging rights for Jack Welch - makes the playoffs for "x" amount of years.
They'll be one and done and it will probably be a 70-3 shellacking.
:))

xzochye
October 30th, 2015, 1:55 PM
I heard today from a coach (not SHS) that the rumor is Welch is considering stepping down next year....he didn't know if it's true or not.

As I mentioned earlier in my drive home last night I was listening to the radio station that airs the Cove games and speaks with Welch after the game and I thought it was funny that they were unable to interview Welch due to equipment problems. I bet he was just pissed! :))

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2015, 2:33 PM
He was quoted in the KDH as saying "they just whipped us". Yep, Jack, they did more than that - try kick the crap out of you. :))
I didn't listen to the game but followed it on KDH Pressbox/Twitter, so can't comment on any "equipment failure". But it is possible - these half-assed
radio broadcasts are transmitted by a landline to the radio studio for over the air broadcast. Maybe Joe Lombardi just hung up the phone in disgust. :)
There's been a buzz around Cove for the past month or so that he needs to go. I imagine it's gotten back to him and he is seriously considering it.
This is the same thing that happened in Temple with Bob McQueen and at Waco HS with Johnny Tusa - they saw the talent pool was dried up and they retired.
Hope Shoemaker does well in the playoffs.

JohnKilleen
October 31st, 2015, 1:47 PM
Shoemaker might surprise a first round opponent this year. I too hate to see 3-7 teams make the playoffs. The biggest joke is the Houston team made playoffs last year with 0-10 record and I believe a 3 year loosing streak. 4 team class 4A district so all teams went. The UIL needs to go back to top 2 teams and leave it at that.....but money talks and all those extra state championship games make $.

CenTexDave
October 31st, 2015, 2:28 PM
I agree. Two teams. One big school, one small school, or no divisions.
I remember that Houston team. There was another team in the district that for some reason cancelled the season
or had to forfeit all their games.
Shoemaker can very possibly surprise someone. But might not be a surprise. They are genuinely good team this year.

xzochye
October 31st, 2015, 2:58 PM
I've said it from the very beginning, Coach Hall is a great coach. He knows his stuff and he truly does care about the kids. I have seen him share a whole range of emotions with the kids on and off the field and when you can connect with the kids like that they really go out of their way to try and please.

On a different note, I saw someone mention the playoff brackets and how they were shaping up in another forum. Where can I find these brackets, predicted or not?

CenTexDave
October 31st, 2015, 3:03 PM
I don't know. If you find them please post.

RooDawg
October 31st, 2015, 3:06 PM
Shoemaker will be able to host a playoff game for the first round...that will be big for them.

CenTexDave
October 31st, 2015, 3:07 PM
They don't coin flip??

JohnKilleen
October 31st, 2015, 9:42 PM
This year the UIL gives the first round to home team for the school that is first place. In the 6ADiv1 Shoemaker will be 1st over Belton. On 6a Texas Football Forums there are some threads showing playoff scenerios. I believe when the playoffs start, UIL posts the brackets on their website.

xzochye
October 31st, 2015, 9:47 PM
This year the UIL gives the first round to home team for the school that is first place. In the 6ADiv1 Shoemaker will be 1st over Belton.

I feel stupid now....Can you use English now? LOL:))

CenTexDave
November 1st, 2015, 5:00 AM
Evidently Shoemaker gets to host the first playoff game. :)

xzochye
November 1st, 2015, 10:49 AM
Evidently Shoemaker gets to host the first playoff game. :)

Does that just mean they will be the home team? The last two years the first round of playoffs for us have been at the Baylor stadium.

CenTexDave
November 1st, 2015, 11:58 AM
The UIL changed it. Used to be the opposing coaches had to agree to a common venue. Caused some problems.
Now the higher seeded team gets the choice for the first round. I would imagine Shoemaker's coach would select Leo Buckley.
Of course if the Roos should upset them the next game this may all be out the window.

xzochye
November 1st, 2015, 5:34 PM
The UIL changed it. Used to be the opposing coaches had to agree to a common venue. Caused some problems.
Now the higher seeded team gets the choice for the first round. I would imagine Shoemaker's coach would select Leo Buckley.
Of course if the Roos should upset them the next game this may all be out the window.

KHS has won 1 game
HHHS has won 1 game
BHS has won 2 games
EHS has won 2 games
CCHS has won 3 games
SHS has won 4 games
MHS has won 5 games

Would it really make that much of a difference who wins this week?

JohnKilleen
November 1st, 2015, 6:22 PM
Shoemaker just needs to be higher than Belton, and they defeated Belton. Shoemaker should host round 1.

CenTexDave
November 1st, 2015, 6:40 PM
KHS has won 1 game
HHHS has won 1 game
BHS has won 2 games
EHS has won 2 games
CCHS has won 3 games
SHS has won 4 games
MHS has won 5 games

Would it really make that much of a difference who wins this week?

Yes, if Heights beats Belton and Ellison beats Midway then Ellison would be in.