PDA

View Full Version : Chances that more than one KISD school makes the playoffs?

stevendub
September 19th, 2015, 10:58 AM
We got Ellison at 4-0 (Averaging 33.5 PPG, Giving Up 21 PPG)
Shoemaker at 3-1 (Averaging 19 PPG, Giving Up 13 PPG)
Harker Heights at 1-3 (Averaging 14.5 PPG, Giving Up 25 PPG)
And Killeen High at 1-3 (Averaging 14.5 PPG, Giving Up 34.5 PPG)

CenTexDave
September 19th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Seeing Cove sucks I'd say it's very possible - 2 of them and Belton and Midway. :))

sojourner truth
September 19th, 2015, 12:28 PM
How 'bout them 4-0 Eagles?

Way to go mean Green....

Always time to jump on the wagon Dave.....:)

CenTexDave
September 19th, 2015, 12:47 PM
I hope the Eagles have a successful year. I don't follow high school football with the passion I used to have for it. I quit going to the games a couple of years ago.
I can't pick up the radio broadcast of the Dawgs' games, KDH Pressbox doesn't carry them anymore, but can follow the game online with text messages from one of the KDHs reporters.
It's time for Jack Welch to come off his high perch.

sojourner truth
September 19th, 2015, 3:15 PM
I was surprised the last time we went to an Eagles game 2 Fridays ago. We usually wait until about 3 minutes to the end of the game and then tune in 91.3 and catch the last few minutes of the game, but were surprised by Xavier Cugat in a symphony instead of the usual playful banter of the press box... Major disappointment.

And, I bet if Cove was 4-0 you'd be hot on every game they played Dave....:))

Still, we have always been loyal Eagle fans, and it is a good feeling just being able to see double the wins we had last year in a few months... These kids, and their fans, have had to wait an awful long time for something really great to happen, and it seems like this may be it.

Still a lot of kinks to work out, but the attitude and heart are definitely there.

xzochye
September 19th, 2015, 3:37 PM
I hope the Eagles have a successful year. I don't follow high school football with the passion I used to have for it. I quit going to the games a couple of years ago.
I can't pick up the radio broadcast of the Dawgs' games, KDH Pressbox doesn't carry them anymore, but can follow the game online with text messages from one of the KDHs reporters.
It's time for Jack Welch to come off his high perch.

Dave, Shooter FM 106.9 plays the Cove games. This is the station I always listen to. http://home.929shooterfm.com/

CenTexDave
September 19th, 2015, 3:47 PM
Very weak signal where I live.
But seriously, not that interested in them anymore.

beaver
September 20th, 2015, 11:27 AM
KNCT apparently only broadcasts the games over the internet now. (KNCTHD-2 or something like that). You have to use a computer or a smartphone with the Tune-In® radio app. 91.3 now carries music programing and NOT football any more. I too miss being able to listen to the games and halftime shows on a radio.

CenTexDave
September 20th, 2015, 11:59 AM
I have better things to do on Friday nights than listen to the Dawgs lose over and over.
Welch called this a "rebuilding year". :)) What bullsh*t - they used to reload, not rebuild. The talent is gone. And the defense has sucked for the past 6 years.

CenTexDave
September 20th, 2015, 1:30 PM
Latest rankings (Coaches Poll) just released. AP will be out tomorrow:
1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Michigan State
4. Baylor
5. Mississippi
6. Georgia
7. Florida State
8. Notre Dame
9. LSU
10.Clemson
11.UCLA
12. Alabama
13.Oregon
14.Oklahoma
15.Texas A&M
16.Arizona
17.Utah
18.USC
19.Northwestern
20.Georgia Tech
21.Wisconsin
22.Oklahoma State
23.Mizzou
24.Stanford
25.Auburn

Kind of surprised Ohio State didn't drop, but TCU gave up a ton of points to a mediocre cupcake. Florida State won, but it was a pretty poor showing, but enough to move them up some with Bama and USC losing.
I would have thought Auburn would have totally dropped out, not just because of the blowout by LSU, but the week before they looked like crap also.

stevendub
September 20th, 2015, 9:42 PM
KNCT apparently only broadcasts the games over the internet now. (KNCTHD-2 or something like that). You have to use a computer or a smartphone with the Tune-In® radio app. 91.3 now carries music programing and NOT football any more. I too miss being able to listen to the games and halftime shows on a radio.

They just changed it back this week..the games are on 91.3 FM again

JohnKilleen
September 23rd, 2015, 7:08 PM
I think the district title battle will be between Belton and Midway. Still believe Cove will get into the playoffs, then either Shoemaker or Ellison. Neither Ellison or Shoemaker has played a strong non district schedule, so it is hard to judge. I can understand Ellison wanting to play some weaker teams to get back in the winning mode. I would hope next year the KISD teams would try to beef up non district some.

CenTexDave
September 23rd, 2015, 8:13 PM
Everyone knows you use the pre-district games to get ready for district. Nice to schedule a couple of patsies to get wins. Cove played four real good teams. We'll see if it really helped or
did it just get the loser's attitude into their heads.

xzochye
September 23rd, 2015, 8:20 PM
Rankings according to MaxPreps:

Midway - State 180 National 1538
SHS - State 182 National 1551
Belton - State 232 National 1967
EHS - State 353 National 3196
KHS - State 400 National 3739
HHHS - State 557 National 5789.

:)

CenTexDave
September 23rd, 2015, 8:55 PM
Cove probably at the bottom of the heap. :)):)):))

stevendub
September 23rd, 2015, 9:42 PM
I think the district title battle will be between Belton and Midway. Still believe Cove will get into the playoffs, then either Shoemaker or Ellison. Neither Ellison or Shoemaker has played a strong non district schedule, so it is hard to judge. I can understand Ellison wanting to play some weaker teams to get back in the winning mode. I would hope next year the KISD teams would try to beef up non district some.

3 of Shoemaker's opponents are pretty good. But I just think the Wolves defense is just too good for them to miss the playoffs. Good luck to any team that tries to run on them. Their offense needs some work but they have big-play ability, and I don't count on them making the mistakes they're making now, which would help their defense more.

Belton's defense seems to be about the same as last year, they seem to lean on their offensive ability. But they'll make it. Midway too, though I'm not sure they'll run away with the district like last year because of their defense. They lost a lot of talent from last year. I got a feeling Ellison will round it out though. Their defense is better & their offense is explosive, and the attitude around there is just different, you can tell.

Wouldn't shock me at all to see Cove back in the playoffs. That defense though..

CenTexDave
September 24th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Defense? Cove? The two words are an oxymoron. :)