PDA

View Full Version : Another high school football player shoves a ref!

yankeerunner
September 13th, 2015, 1:17 PM
A Texas high school player shoved an official during a loss Saturday in the second such incident in the San Antonio area in just over a week. The player, St. Anthony senior Zeke Cardenas, was quickly restrained by teammates and ejected after he plowed into an official during the third quarter of a home game against Hyde Park High from Austin.

When will these kids learn? Of course, some the role models at the college and pro level of play are not helping. This player needs to be kicked off the team and not be allowed to participate in any other athletics in high school.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/13/high-school-football-player-shoves-ref-in-second-texas-incident/

JohnKilleen
September 16th, 2015, 8:39 AM
Whats really bad...this is a Catholic high school. I would hope they would be learning some discipline .

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2015, 8:59 AM
Wonder if there is something in the drinking water down there in San Antonio?

fchafey
September 16th, 2015, 9:00 AM
Well it is near Mexico and they have that Montezuma's Revenge and all that...

sojourner truth
September 16th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Just watched another news clip about a game in NJ....

One player rips the helmet off of his opponent, and then smashes him in the head with the helmet, causing the hit player to go get 10 stitches in his head.

The penalty? The school of the player responsible said that it took the maximum "punitive measures allowed" on the player.. They didn't bother saying what these measures were, of course... Probably sent him to an alternative campus, poor kid, and provided him with new books and a caring loving SPED teacher to ensure this fine example of the high school spirit graduates on time and moves on to college and the pros.

Now they are saying that NJ police officials "may" get involved... Ya think?

mac
September 16th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Just watched another news clip about a game in NJ....

One player rips the helmet off of his opponent, and then smashes him in the head with the helmet, causing the hit player to go get 10 stitches in his head.

The penalty? The school of the player responsible said that it took the maximum "punitive measures allowed" on the player.. They didn't bother saying what these measures were, of course... Probably sent him to an alternative campus, poor kid, and provided him with new books and a caring loving SPED teacher to ensure this fine example of the high school spirit graduates on time and moves on to college and the pros.

Now they are saying that NJ police officials "may" get involved... Ya think?

yeow, i saw the same clip and if my lying eyes are to be believed, it's a cut and dried case of assault with a deadly weapon. amazing that the kid only suffered a 10 stitch laceration to his head and no concussion.....i mean, he really really got smacked!....mac

sojourner truth
September 16th, 2015, 1:38 PM
Well, as usual, the system is approaching the whole thing treading on eggshells.

Trying to be PC, and getting justice done at the same time seems to freeze everyone responsible for doing the right thing.

Now I am waiting on the violator to make the obligatory racial call on the guy he blatantly assaulted...

Wait for it. It will come.

fchafey
September 16th, 2015, 2:05 PM
And Immaculata is a private coeducational Roman Catholic School. Part of the reason parents put thier kids into these type of schools is for the better education, atmosphere and life experience. I am cerain this is one of the reasons Michael irvin took his kid out of Dallas and put him St Thomas Aquinas in Florida.

Ludwig
September 16th, 2015, 4:13 PM
Whats really bad...this is a Catholic high school. I would hope they would be learning some discipline .Why would you expect Catholic high school students to be different from government school students? Or is this just another attempt to slam the Catholic faith?

mac
September 16th, 2015, 4:56 PM
Why would you expect Catholic high school students to be different from government school students? Or is this just another attempt to slam the Catholic faith?

the whole reason, Ludwig, that I sent my girls to catholic schools when I could is because I expected the students to be........different.....and the cadre too, but also the kids. In fact, I expected the kids to be a lot different from their counterparts in the government schools......AND they were!.....and that's certainly NOT a slam. I PRAISE Catholic and other parochial schools.....mac

Ludwig
September 16th, 2015, 5:05 PM
the whole reason, Ludwig, that I sent my girls to catholic schools when I could is because I expected the students to be........different.....and the cadre too, but also the kids. In fact, I expected the kids to be a lot different from their counterparts in the government schools......AND they were!.....and that's certainly NOT a slam. I PRAISE Catholic and other parochial schools.....macHad the remark come from you it would not have affected me the same... I know your heart. Thank you for your kind remarks.

Rick
September 16th, 2015, 5:39 PM
I don't think fchafey was slamming Catholics.

But it's important to note that the person who got hit was from the Catholic school while the thug doing the bashing was from a public school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=21&v=FPhkIMWANR0

fchafey
September 16th, 2015, 6:35 PM
I was not slamming Catholics. In fact I hold attendance at a Catholic School in the same regard as I hold attendance at a private school such as the Hun School, near Princeton. If one sends their children to private school, I would think they do it for a first class education, first class atmosphere, and first class life experience. I read the article too fast Linden is public not private and the thug that hit the private school young man, probably was jealous among other issues. Linden is next to Rahway, the place were scared straight was made. Need I say more?

sojourner truth
September 16th, 2015, 8:12 PM
That was a pretty bad hit in the head... But I have heard worse stories about the sisters giving a few good whacks in a Catholic school too....

A friend of mine told me you did NOT want to get on the wrong side of the sisters.:))

fchafey
September 16th, 2015, 8:18 PM
I have always had dreams about getting in between sisters. Oops sorry TMI....

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2015, 8:52 PM
5/5 :))

mac
September 16th, 2015, 10:58 PM
That was a pretty bad hit in the head... But I have heard worse stories about the sisters giving a few good whacks in a Catholic school too....

A friend of mine told me you did NOT want to get on the wrong side of the sisters.:))

generally the Sisters only gave the girls a whack on the back of the legs with a 25 cm ruler.....maybe a couple......but they would definitely leave red marks. to the best of my knowledge, none of my girls were ever hit on the head with anything other than a knuckle. Sisters would also grab them by an ear and move them to where they wanted them to be.......mac

JohnKilleen
September 18th, 2015, 8:05 AM
I was not slamming the Catholic faith. I am Catholic. I just expect kids that go to Catholic schools to have better values.

mac
September 18th, 2015, 10:29 AM
I was not slamming the Catholic faith. I am Catholic. I just expect kids that go to Catholic schools to have better values.

which is a very reasonable expectation.....mac

CenTexDave
September 18th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Now I see the two little darlings appeared on Good Morning, America and still state the ref called them a few racial names and their coach told them to do it.
These two are Hispanic by the way. Both are nothing but punks.

mac
September 18th, 2015, 3:19 PM
Now I see the two little darlings appeared on Good Morning, America and still state the ref called them a few racial names and their coach told them to do it.
These two are Hispanic by the way. Both are nothing but punks.

ok that's the two that took the ref out, not the guy that snatched the helmet off of the other guy's head.

how did the 2 on gma comport themselves?.....wish i'd've seen it.....mac

mac
September 18th, 2015, 3:30 PM
ok that's the two that took the ref out, not the guy that snatched the helmet off of the other guy's head.

how did the 2 on gma comport themselves?.....wish i'd've seen it.....mac

just watched it.....wow, those 2 boys really through their coach under the bus!......both of 'em said that the coach told 'em to hit him. and the coach may be AA so now the NAACP types will get involved.....mac

CenTexDave
September 18th, 2015, 7:41 PM
Who cares. Hope they're charged with assault. Small wonder San Antonio Jay always has a crap team.

mac
September 18th, 2015, 8:39 PM
Who cares. Hope they're charged with assault. Small wonder San Antonio Jay always has a crap team.

no no.....they should be excused for this moment of relapse. they were simply incensed at his racial insults, don't you know, and unable to control their baser instincts, they simply had to straighten him out......mac

CenTexDave
September 19th, 2015, 8:05 AM
Nice mullet haircut on one of those players. :))

CenTexDave
September 24th, 2015, 10:33 AM
The San Antonio Jay coach has admitted her told the two players to blindside the official.
He has just resigned.

sojourner truth
September 24th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Well, that's kind of what I suspect happened anyhow, so his resignation is justified. That sort of unsportsmanlike thinking coming from a coach is plain wrong. And, he paid a price for putting into words what best would have been kept in his mind.

But I also don't think it should excuse what the players did. They know right from wrong same as anyone else. And besides, how many evils have been done in this world under the ruse that I was just "following orders". I suspect coach didn't have to say it too loud either.

Reminded me of my Bible study last week about the garden of Eden... Before you say yes to Satan, you have to say no to God.

gnatsum
September 24th, 2015, 11:45 AM
The ISD that SA Jay is in, noted last week that the two players who appeared on 'GMA'...did so AGAINST school regulations--they were SUPPOSED to be in the alternative class center, as part of their punishment. Getting "out" to appear on a national television show is not an allowable excuse not to show up at the center.
Haven't heard or read of any repercussions from the TV show trip. Maybe the two will get another few more days added to their suspension...

CenTexDave
September 24th, 2015, 12:30 PM
I did read they would be allowed to return to their classes at Jay HS for the spring. Nice punishment. Of course the coach's lawyer is playing the race card to the hilt.
And Marble Falls PD appears to have just let it be. They need to charge those two punks.

CenTexDave
September 26th, 2015, 9:42 AM
The UIL's hearings into this matter appear dead in the water. The ref has refused to appear and so have the two punks and the coach. The UIL has no subpoena power.
So it appears all is up to the MFPD.

sojourner truth
September 26th, 2015, 1:52 PM
Which means it will go nowhere....