PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Thugs Target Referee

Rick
September 6th, 2015, 8:39 PM
This is Northside ISD.

These punks need to be prosecuted and this needs to be the last game they ever play in. If the coach ordered it, he needs to be prosecuted as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCrs63JeuM

Report: School district suspends football players for targeting referee (http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/09/06/san-antonio-high-school-football-referee-video)

Night Owl
September 6th, 2015, 9:30 PM
They need to be jailed.

cnjbond
September 6th, 2015, 9:55 PM
Those are the type of idiots that will become the next Maurice Clarett if they're allowed to get away with this crap!!!

CenTexDave
September 7th, 2015, 8:23 AM
Marble Falls' coach stated that Jay's coach apologized for the incident and was very upset with the two thugs, so he probably had nothing to do with it.
Two other Jay players were tossed prior to this play, so these little brats probably set this up.
Northside ISD has suspended them from the team, but they need to make it a lifetime suspension.
Ahh yes, good ol' Maurice. What an idiot. Had the world in the palm of his hand. He is now, however, on the speaking circuit and in most demand talking to teams and players.

sojourner truth
September 7th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Well, according to the news, the players will be banned from the sport forever... Just thin k, you just blew your high school football days, making it nearly impossible to get into a college program, much less the pros, on a second of really stupid revenge rage.

But knowing football, and the minds behind the game, there will always be some way out of this for the player. We have seen too many cases of players doing dumb stuff and getting a pass... at all levels.

Rick
September 7th, 2015, 1:30 PM
They were also suspended from school. Hope a prosecution is in their futures.

beaver
September 7th, 2015, 4:51 PM
Well, according to the news, the players will be banned from the sport forever... Just thin k, you just blew your high school football days, making it nearly impossible to get into a college program, much less the pros, on a second of really stupid revenge rage.

But knowing football, and the minds behind the game, there will always be some way out of this for the player. We have seen too many cases of players doing dumb stuff and getting a pass... at all levels.

If they were accomplished players, they might be awarded football scholarships to play at a private high school and participate in TAPPS games instead of UIL games.

sojourner truth
September 7th, 2015, 6:05 PM
Well, I figure that if there is some method of escape for them, they will find it.

I heard that there were 2 other players suspended prior to this incident for some reason I am unaware of.

Frankly, if I were a coach at any level I would have to think long and hard about allowing players with no discipline like this on my team.... But then, knowing how some coaches are, personal virtue is not high on their list of priorities is especially when it comes to winning.

It has gotten to the point of being a disgrace to sports at all levels.

yankeerunner
September 7th, 2015, 7:20 PM
I think that the ref should file criminal charges against these two players!

FieryPrincess
September 7th, 2015, 8:28 PM
In no way do I condone any aspect of the behavior of the two players.

I think the behavor of the students points to a much larger problem. I think it speaks to a lack of respect for teachers that had to leak to coaches eventually. John Jay High school is in a rougher part of town and has a difficult population. This was the school (in addition to the feeder middle schools) that wanted to put RFID chips in the student IDs to help decrease tudents out of class wtihout permission. The chips would only work on campus. The kids protested and I think they won. They fact that they fought it so vehemently is the telling part.

I am glad that JHS and NISD have reacted as quickly as they legally can, and I hope the punishments keep rolling in. There is no room for that sort of behavior in school and if there is a sliver of a chance that kids can get aaway with it, then there will be a lot more of it.

I wonder just how effective the leadership is at Jay for kids to even THINK they could get away with this stunt. Because it went so viral, it is the sort of incident that even a weak leader can't let go because there is so much more pressure from above in favor of consequences.

I had heard the ref was going to file charges. I hope he does.

cnjbond
September 7th, 2015, 8:34 PM
Why does the ref have to be the one to file the charges? My guess is the DA could easily prosecute with the video evidence alone, unless I'm missing something.

FieryPrincess
September 7th, 2015, 11:09 PM
The ref was the one attacked.

Bonus: If the ref files charges, it will make it that much easier for teachers to do the same in a similar situation.

i worked as a long term sub for the NISD AD while he was still a principal and his campus was NOT out of control. I hope that the delay in consequences means that NISD is building a serious case that will stick. They need to be expelled for a period of time and banned from the sport for the rest of their high school years (thus killing off college football hopes)

Rick
September 8th, 2015, 6:57 AM
I don't think there has been a delay. The game was played on Friday and they have thus far been suspended from school and kicked off the team. This being the holiday weekend, I think they have done what they can at this point. UIL and the school bosses will meet sometime this week.

mac
September 8th, 2015, 12:56 PM
I think that the ref should file criminal charges against these two players!

i agree with you. i just a few moments ago saw a video that i hadn't seen yet of the whole back field from the goal line to the line of scrimmage and those 2 boys lined that referee up perfectly....straight as a string andwent straight at him from the hike to the hit. absolutely nothing accidental about it and the boys should suffer the consequences now.....even incarceration......(and I happen to be one of those who is generally against incarceration!).....mac

sojourner truth
September 8th, 2015, 2:59 PM
Well, to anyone but a bleeding heart, it is obviously aggravated assault.

CenTexDave
September 8th, 2015, 3:04 PM
Just read the "choir boys" are claiming the ref used racial epitaphs against them and an assistant coach told them to do it.
The assistant coach has been suspended. Of course the school district may even believe that nonsense as they have filed a complaint with the officials' association.
Bunch of rubbish - slam these two little punks, do it now and do it hard.

FieryPrincess
September 8th, 2015, 3:30 PM
I don't think there has been a delay. The game was played on Friday and they have thus far been suspended from school and kicked off the team. This being the holiday weekend, I think they have done what they can at this point. UIL and the school bosses will meet sometime this week.

That's rather what I meant. They have done as much as they can immediately without a fully finished investigation. They may be able to add on to it once the investigation is over. And I hope they do. That sort of cancerous behavior should not be allowed to spread.

sojourner truth
September 8th, 2015, 5:44 PM
Just read the "choir boys" are claiming the ref used racial epitaphs against them and an assistant coach told them to do it.
The assistant coach has been suspended. Of course the school district may even believe that nonsense as they have filed a complaint with the officials' association.
Bunch of rubbish - slam these two little punks, do it now and do it hard.

I was waiting for them to drop the race card... Didn't take them long to figure that one out.

I guess if someone calls me something I don't like it is OK to blindside sucker punch them. Or does that only work for one race?

kantwin
September 8th, 2015, 7:15 PM
Or does that only work for one race?
Drop the first two words from your sentence and the question mark.

CenTexDave
September 9th, 2015, 1:22 AM
I'm sure we'll be hearing from the "Reverends" Jackson and Sharpton soon about this incident.

CenTexDave
September 9th, 2015, 2:46 PM
The UIL met this morning in Round Rock and wants a thorough investigation, not only into this incident but any past history of John Jay HS teams' and possible misconduct. The entire
coaching staff is being investigated.
I read an article this morning that claimed one of the two thugs accused of striking that ref was actually one of the two players who was ejected a play earlier. Evidently the
referee announced the wrong player's number, so the thug remained on the field. The game was as good as over. On the previous play the Marble Falls QB took a knee to
run out the clock and was plowed into by an opposing player. That's where the ejections came from.
Marble Falls PD seems to be dragging its feet on any investigation, probably because it doesn't involve any citizen of Marble Falls. I kind of get the impression they
don't really want to be involved.

Shotgun Jeremy
September 9th, 2015, 3:52 PM
If they were accomplished players, they might be awarded football scholarships to play at a private high school and participate in TAPPS games instead of UIL games.
Can you get a scholarship with a criminal record or disiplinary (I'm sure I misspelled that) record?

CenTexDave
September 9th, 2015, 4:18 PM
Probably depends on the college. I remember some kid from Cove 12 years or so ago - had a football scholarship to Tennessee. Got arrested in the summer for something (forget what) and Tennessee pulled
the scholarship.

sojourner truth
September 9th, 2015, 6:46 PM
In football, anything is possible. If a player has enough talent, he could probably be caught killing the Pope and still get into the pros.

Seems like it is almost a prerequisite any more.

cnjbond
September 10th, 2015, 1:56 PM
The ref was the one attacked.

Bonus: If the ref files charges, it will make it that much easier for teachers to do the same in a similar situation.

i worked as a long term sub for the NISD AD while he was still a principal and his campus was NOT out of control. I hope that the delay in consequences means that NISD is building a serious case that will stick. They need to be expelled for a period of time and banned from the sport for the rest of their high school years (thus killing off college football hopes)

Yeah, I know the ref was the one attacked but the DA shouldn't let whether or not the ref presses charges be the reason to prosecute. It would definitely help but you have video evidence plus a stadium full of witnesses to call on if need be.

sojourner truth
September 10th, 2015, 3:35 PM
Well, it's always nice to know that it's OK to sucker punch a guy because he called you a name. If he called them a name.

Guess we should make that OK and legal too. Remember, hands up, don't tackle.

FieryPrincess
September 10th, 2015, 9:09 PM
I'd laugh at "Hands up, Don't Tackle" if I wasn't so horrified at the whole situation.

CenTexDave
December 16th, 2015, 11:57 AM
It took a while, but this coach, who was fired, finally was tried and convicted in Burnet County.
Was given one year in the slammer and a hefty fine. The prison time suspended and he was put on
probation for 18 months.
The little "darlings" who plowed into the ref have a court date next month, along with one of their
buddies who was also involved.