PDA

View Full Version : Gun Manufactures Bankruptcy and Moving to better locations.

Mestral
June 23rd, 2015, 10:03 AM
I think this is the second or third manufacture taking this route.
They say they plan to "stay local" but I don't think they will do well without moving to a friendlier climate.

My memory isn't working well right now, but it seems to me at least one gunmaker moved from that region
to somewhere in the South, and I also seem to remember there was something Colt did in the past that may
have led to this financial problem. I will post again if I remember details.

http://foxct.com/2015/06/15/legendary-gunmaker-colt-files-for-bankruptcy/

WEST HARTFORD — The legendary American gun maker Colt Defense has filed for bankruptcy, but says that will not affect its business operations.

Colt, which has been making guns for 160 years, on Sunday sought bankruptcy protection in Delaware.

The company, based in West Hartford, said the filing will allow an “accelerated sale” of its business operations in the U.S. and Canada.

West Hartford Town Manager Ron Van Winkle said he is confident that the company will remain local.

“They have a very strong name, Colt firearms. They produce a product that is very well sold throughout the world and so I think they’ll come out the other end and be ok,” Van Winkle said.

Sciens Capital Management, an investor in Colt, has agreed to purchase the company’s assets and assume its liabilities.

“I think it recognizes that there is value to the assets of Colt,” local bankruptcy attorney Gregory Arcaro said.

Colt said it “intends to continue its normal business operations through the accelerated sale process” and will keep its management team in place, including CEO Dennis Villieux.

The company has been struggling financially and missed a $10.9 million interest payment on its debt in mid-May.

kantwin
June 23rd, 2015, 12:45 PM
One of the manufacturers was moving to Huntsville, AL, but I can't remember which right now.

fchafey
June 23rd, 2015, 1:01 PM
Got your 6 Ghostrider....

Remington Outdoor Company (ROC) announced it's moving its Bushmaster rifle and Remington Model 1911 pistol production lines from its nearly 200-year-old plant in Ilion, New York, to its new facility in much more gun-rights-friendly Huntsville, Alabama.May 16, 2014

CenTexDave
June 23rd, 2015, 3:57 PM
Dear Mr. Samuel Colt: Move it all to Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

sojourner truth
June 23rd, 2015, 4:36 PM
Good idea... Maybe we could go to the factory and get free samples.:)

Dagobert II
June 23rd, 2015, 10:19 PM
There's a lot of competition in the arms world. Companies like Keltec are quite innovative and smaller companies like Desert Tech are showing promise. Arms manufacturing is not what it was in Samuel Colt's day.

CenTexDave
June 24th, 2015, 5:53 AM
Yep. Old saying - "God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal". :)

Mestral
June 24th, 2015, 7:28 AM
Dear Mr. Samuel Colt: Move it all to Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I will post it if I find it again, but I saw something that said some of their manufacturing facilities are moving to Texas,
so I am actually wondering what they are leaving behind enemy lines.

CenTexDave
June 24th, 2015, 7:32 AM
They are leaving the idiot libs behind there in Connecticut.

Mestral
June 24th, 2015, 7:51 AM
What I was referring to is this statement from above:

West Hartford Town Manager Ron Van Winkle said he is confident that the company will remain local.

“They have a very strong name, Colt firearms. They produce a product that is very well sold throughout the world and so I think they’ll come out the other end and be ok,” Van Winkle said.
Now, Van Winkle isn't a spokesperson from Colt, and he may have just woke up from sleeping for 20 years,
but generally statements like that are based on something said by someone at the company.

Grammar Rules
June 24th, 2015, 7:54 AM
Then there's this opinion:

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-says-weapons-manufacturers-cant-call-themselves-christian-184139430.html

TURIN, Italy (Reuters) - People who manufacture weapons or invest in weapons industries are hypocrites if they call themselves Christian, Pope Francis said on Sunday.

Francis issued his toughest condemnation to date of the weapons industry at a rally of thousands of young people at the end of the first day of his trip to the Italian city of Turin.

"It makes me think of ... people, managers, businessmen who call themselves Christian and they manufacture weapons. That leads to a bit a distrust, doesn't it?" he said to applause.

Pope Francis leads a meeting with young people during his two-day pastoral visit in Turin, Italy, Ju …
He also criticized those who invest in weapons industries, saying "duplicity is the currency of today ... they say one thing and do another."

fchafey
June 24th, 2015, 7:57 AM
Next the Pope will be saying those who manufacture condoms or any form of birth control arent Christian either...and I acutally liked this guy, oh well.

Grammar Rules
June 24th, 2015, 8:17 AM
I like him. He also says man-made climate change is a threat, (he has a masters in chemistry), and he's rejected many of the opulent trimmings of his office. I'm not a Catholic, so I don't agree with everything he says, but he's the most agreeable and positive pope I can recall in my lifetime. May he live a long, productive life.

Mestral
June 24th, 2015, 8:54 AM
So, now, instead of turning this thread into a homosexual rant, you are trying to stir up religious controversy.

Whirrrrrrr, Troll, Troll, Troll Troll
Mock mOck moCk mocK
Quack Quack Quack Quack....

Ludwig
June 24th, 2015, 1:07 PM
The wonderful thing about being a Catholic is that we can take or leave the opinions of the pope. He is infallible only in matters of faith or morals and then only when formally declared from the "chair". In this case, he got some bad advice from some folks who were not properly vetted. Ah well... at least he brought some joy to American liberals for a while.

CenTexDave
June 24th, 2015, 2:02 PM
He'll change his mind when the Muslime Horde comes knocking on the front doors of The Vatican.

Ludwig
June 24th, 2015, 3:08 PM
He'll change his mind when the Muslime Horde comes knocking on the front doors of The Vatican.

He will most likely not live that long.

Ludwig
June 24th, 2015, 5:09 PM
I liked this:

If the pontiff truly believes “excessive consumption” of modern conveniences is causing evil “climate change,” will he be shutting down and returning the multimillion-dollar system Carrier generously gifted to the Vatican Museums?

If not, I suggest, with all due respect, that Pope Francis do humanity a favor and refrain from blowing any more hot air unless he’s willing to stew in his own.

By Michelle Malkin, June 24, 2015

CenTexDave
June 24th, 2015, 5:10 PM
She should run for office.

Grammar Rules
June 24th, 2015, 8:35 PM
So, now, instead of turning this thread into a homosexual rant, you are trying to stir up religious controversy.

Whirrrrrrr, Troll, Troll, Troll Troll
Mock mOck moCk mocK
Quack Quack Quack Quack....

Some controversy in your post, plus a childish personal attack. Somehow you and your cohort can wrap yourselves in self-righteous religious opinion any time, and that's ok. Hypocritical post.

Mestral
June 25th, 2015, 7:23 AM
Some controversy in your post, plus a childish personal attack. Somehow you and your cohort can wrap yourselves in self-righteous religious opinion any time, and that's ok. Hypocritical post.
There was no need to bring the Pope into a conversation about American business of firearms manufacturing, other
than to stir up controversy and try to divide the Catholics and Baptists on this board, for the purpose of getting
a religious fight started in the "gun talk" area of the board. That you call it hypocritical is just evidense you have
thin skin about getting caught. Sell your self righteous, anti christian, blathering to the beauty shop.

(PS: if you consider mocking you as a troller personal, it just means you are a troll)

just2cents
June 25th, 2015, 9:37 AM
There was no need to bring the Pope into a conversation about American business of firearms manufacturing, other
than to stir up controversy and try to divide the Catholics and Baptists on this board, for the purpose of getting
a religious fight started in the "gun talk" area of the board. That you call it hypocritical is just evidense you have
thin skin about getting caught. Sell your self righteous, anti christian, blathering to the beauty shop.

(PS: if you consider mocking you as a troller personal, it just means you are a troll)

I bet if the Pope came out in favor of firearms, it would be posted all over this site. Of course that would not be trolling? (I know this post is right?)

Mestral
June 25th, 2015, 10:24 AM
I bet if the Pope came out in favor of firearms, it would be posted all over this site. Of course that would not be trolling? (I know this post is right?)
Not really. As he is encircled by those carrying guns, as weapons for defense are promoted
in the Bible (in numerous places) coming out in favor of firearms would be expected.

But, just as I finished typing this, I realized, LEFTIST libtard trolls would be posting it all over this site,
railing against the Pope for supporting something the Bible supports, so I guess you are right, that it
would get a lot of press here.

Ludwig
June 25th, 2015, 5:25 PM
If his Holiness were to disarm the Swiss Guard and those plain-clothed officers with the automatic weapons under their jackets, as well as the snipers on the rooftops of the Vatican, then I might, just might, take his words seriously. Until then, not so much. He really ought to stay with faith and morals.