PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight

CenTexDave
April 3rd, 2015, 9:36 AM
May 2nd - will undoubtedly be the richest boxing match of all time.
Too bad this match didn't take place 5-6 years ago when both boxers were in their prime. Now both are in their mid to late 30's. Still should be good.
I was all set to order it on PPV then saw the price tag of $99!!! Think I'll pass - can always follow it live on ESPN.com.
Hope the Pacman knocks the stupid idiot Mayweather out!!

mac
April 3rd, 2015, 12:49 PM
May 2nd - will undoubtedly be the richest boxing match of all time.
Too bad this match didn't take place 5-6 years ago when both boxers were in their prime. Now both are in their mid to late 30's. Still should be good.
I was all set to order it on PPV then saw the price tag of $99!!! Think I'll pass - can always follow it live on ESPN.com.
Hope the Pacman knocks the stupid idiot Mayweather out!!

well, I don't know if paqo will knock him out or not but i'm bettin' the farm that he dammed sure wears him out. paqo is fast (Corvette).....mayweather is lumbering (Cadillac)....kind of like clay and frazier......(but in welterweight)......should be a great fight.....mac

CenTexDave
April 3rd, 2015, 4:32 PM
Only two common opponents I can think of: Marquez was handled pretty easily by Mayweather; Pacman fought him 3 times - two narrow victories and that freak knockout near the end of a round just before the bell when Manny dropped his hands and paid the price. The other was a guy named Cotto who nearly beat Mayweather and Pacman destroyed him.
Pacquaio is stronger and faster. Mayweather is more of a defensive fighter and really doesn't have much of a knockout punch. I don't think Manny can knock him out at this stage of his career, but I do believe he will win the match.

mac
April 3rd, 2015, 7:35 PM
Only two common opponents I can think of: Marquez was handled pretty easily by Mayweather; Pacman fought him 3 times - two narrow victories and that freak knockout near the end of a round just before the bell when Manny dropped his hands and paid the price. The other was a guy named Cotto who nearly beat Mayweather and Pacman destroyed him.
Pacquaio is stronger and faster. Mayweather is more of a defensive fighter and really doesn't have much of a knockout punch. I don't think Manny can knock him out at this stage of his career, but I do believe he will win the match.

yeow....that's kind of where i'm at too.......decision and maybe even split decision.....mac

Chief
April 5th, 2015, 1:30 PM
Boxing today is too corrupt. The decision will go to whomever will make the promoter the biggest cash cow in the future.

mac
April 5th, 2015, 1:37 PM
Boxing today is too corrupt. The decision will go to whomever will make the promoter the biggest cash cow in the future.

are you saying that one of the fighters will "take a fall"?.......mac

Ludwig
April 5th, 2015, 4:00 PM
are you saying that one of the fighters will "take a fall"?.......mac

Professional Boxing is as authentic as is Professional Wrestling. The word "professional" being synonymous with craft and corruption. One should not refer to them as "sports." Professional Baseball is not far from that level either and I am very suspicious of NASCAR.

mac
April 5th, 2015, 5:53 PM
Professional Boxing is as authentic as is Professional Wrestling. The word "professional" being synonymous with craft and corruption. One should not refer to them as "sports." Professional Baseball is not far from that level either and I am very suspicious of NASCAR.

i'm going to assume you meant "graft"....I never knew till now that "professional" was a synonym for graft, craft, OR corruption....but I learn something every day.....mac

Ludwig
April 5th, 2015, 8:23 PM
i'm going to assume you meant "graft"....I never knew till now that "professional" was a synonym for graft, craft, OR corruption....but I learn something every day.....mac

ESL! I doan spel gud.

fchafey
April 6th, 2015, 6:41 AM
Wonder how long they have been bleeding tires. That I awesome, if you aint cheating you aint trying....

CenTexDave
April 6th, 2015, 9:50 AM
I don't look for either of these two to "take a fall". Not enough money to offer them - they both will earn well over $100M for this fight.
Now the referee or the judges might be a different matter. If anyone watched the Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley match you could tell that was a rip-off. Pacman clearly dominated and won that fight, yet a "split" decision for Bradley??

CenTexDave
April 27th, 2015, 8:42 AM
Kick-off time is 10:45PM Saturday night. $99 for PPV is too steep for my blood. I'll follow it on espn.com.

CenTexDave
May 2nd, 2015, 9:37 PM
Been following blogs on ESPN and CBS Sports.com - PPV is screwing up and lots of trouble with it and people are PISSED!!!!!!!!!! :))

mac
May 2nd, 2015, 11:15 PM
Been following blogs on ESPN and CBS Sports.com - PPV is screwing up and lots of trouble with it and people are PISSED!!!!!!!!!! :))

so fa r it looks like mayweather has won every round....mac

mac
May 2nd, 2015, 11:19 PM
so fa r it looks like mayweather has won every round....mac

oh wow....good round for manny. really buckled MW knees one time. next round might be la la land....mac

mac
May 2nd, 2015, 11:26 PM
oh wow....good round for manny. really buckled MW knees one time. next round might be la la land....mac

oops......MW came back in 5 and prob'ly won the round. i thought sure he might be on the way out.....

CenTexDave
May 2nd, 2015, 11:51 PM
Unanimous decision for Mayweather.
That 5 inch reach advantage couldn't be overcome.

Ludwig
May 3rd, 2015, 6:32 AM
The boxer beat the fighter, as expected. The match was never even anyway.

CenTexDave
May 3rd, 2015, 9:13 AM
Through 6 rounds PACMAN was ahead, 4-2, according to ESPN. Yahoo Sports had it even after 6. Following the 6th ESPN went with Floyd for the next 6 rounds while Yahoo scored it 4-2 for Floyd. Glad I didn't waste $100 on PPV.
Now I just read Manny was injured in late March during training - his right shoulder. He would take shots/meds for it, but due to some screw up they never listed this injury on the pre-fight form during weigh-in
on Friday and thus he wasn't allowed to have an injection prior to the fight. That explains why he rarely threw a right jab, something he does normally 500 times during a 12 round match.
But it's over and done. Both need to retire while they still have their brain intact.

CenTexDave
May 6th, 2015, 5:16 PM
5 lawsuits have been filed against Pacquiao and his team for not disclosing his torn rotor cuff. Guess a few people lost a lot of money. :)
Not to be outdone, Mayweather's former girl friend and mother of his 3 kids, sued Money Man for defamation of character in that he stated in an interview that when he beat her ass she was high on drugs. :))