PDA

View Full Version : Finally, An Example of GOOD Parenting in the news!

cnjbond
March 30th, 2015, 4:54 PM
This is how you teach your kids to be respectful, responsible and accountable for their actions! I applaud this mother, great job!

mom-movie-theater (http://www.abc3340.com/clip/11290364/mom-movie-theater)

siamcat
March 30th, 2015, 5:18 PM
Wonder how I did it before facebook or viral internet things. I'm sorry I applaud her for teaching her kids respect, but that's a parents job.

cnjbond
March 30th, 2015, 7:05 PM
Sorry, just tried to counteract all of the negative parenting stories and videos out there. I realize it's a parents JOB but sometimes it's good to see it in practice and acknowledge it as such.

siamcat
March 30th, 2015, 8:18 PM
Sorry, just tried to counteract all of the negative parenting stories and videos out there. I realize it's a parents JOB but sometimes it's good to see it in practice and acknowledge it as such.

I understand and I appreciate the positive example.
I'm just saying that I meet so many polite and considered teens who's story I don't know . They're doing the right thing, but because they're not on the net they're ignored and the ones that go viral are special.

Ludwig
March 30th, 2015, 8:22 PM
... I meet so many polite and considered teens who's story I don't know . ...

I had the pleasure of meeting 55 of them today as I was evaluating their application packets for scholarships.

cnjbond
March 30th, 2015, 10:22 PM
I understand and I appreciate the positive example.
I'm just saying that I meet so many polite and considered teens who's story I don't know . They're doing the right thing, but because they're not on the net they're ignored and the ones that go viral are special.

They're not ignored, you noticed them. I agree that it's telling when we have to highlight what should be considered normal behavior as something exceptional but the downside is when we don't, the constant highlighting of the negative behavior becomes the norm.

CenTexDave
March 31st, 2015, 12:06 PM
Wonder how I did it before facebook or viral internet things. I'm sorry I applaud her for teaching her kids respect, but that's a parents job.

Sure it's a parent's job, but far too many don't do it.
Glad she did. Also too bad some others who witnessed it didn't kick the crap out of the little brats.:)

Rick
March 31st, 2015, 4:15 PM
She didn't put it on Facebook to draw attention to herself. She put it there in an attempt to find the woman her daughters had disrespected.
http://www.centextalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=5470&stc=1

sojourner truth
April 1st, 2015, 8:06 AM
FOX news just had the 2 ladies involved on one of the morning interview spots this morning... 2 Very nice ladies, and they were both very gracious to each other.