PDA

View Full Version : Browns Fans

cnjbond
December 8th, 2014, 1:11 PM
Any of you guys calling for Johnny "Football" to start this weekend? I watched the game Sunday and couldn't believe how bad Hoyer was playing. I also couldn't understand why the head coach stuck with him instead of Manziel except the fact he thought the defense would win the game for them (which they pretty much did with no help from the offense).

You have to wonder, is Manziel THAT big of a scumbag that the coach would rather win or lose with Hoyer than give Johnny the reigns? Looking back on last week's game when Manziel came in and scored the TD, what's the 1st thing he did? His stupid Money sign he does with his fingers. My thoughts were, "Wow, this idiot still doesn't get it". The Browns invested a lot of $$ on Manziel, I think it's time for them to see what he's got...not sure how much longer there'll be unity in the locker room with the defense playing lights out and an offense that can't even get enough first downs to win a game that the defense spots you 14 points!

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2014, 1:18 PM
From what I've been reading, most Browns' fans were calling for Manziel 3-4 weeks ago. Their playoff chances are down to about zero now. Play Manziel and let's see what happens. The kid has to get his feet wet sometime. Hoyer has regressed backwards. Watched a video of him this morning addressing the media after yesterday's game - was saying the same garbage 2 or 3 weeks ago - "We need to learn from this, correct our mistakes, move on and get ready for next week". I'm surprised they haven't run him out of town already. He's a home grown kid, but he obviously is not an NFL caliber starting QB.

Might not get a win with Johnny, but at least it will be entertaining. And yep, the kid needs to get his head out and stop that money sign.

sojourner truth
December 8th, 2014, 1:55 PM
Face it, Hoyer looked like crap last night. Of course, so did his Offensive line, but then they did have their work cut out for them with the D line they faced.

I also thought they sat back and counted on their D to win the game for them. You can't count on anything less than a touchdown and field goal lead for a win any more... And even that may not be enough.

If it's any consolation Luck didn't look all that overpowering either.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2014, 4:10 PM
Their O line took a massive hit when they lost their center, Mack, to a broken leg early in the season. The guy was one of the best 2 or 3 in the NFL. It really seemed to mess up their running game and they have tried different players at center but can't seem to make it work. Their TE, Jordan Cameron, missed 4 games due to concussions. He's a Pro Bowler too. Then Josh Gordon was out for 10 games. But Gordon and Cameron were back yesterday. There were a couple of passes Gordon should have caught. I don't think his timing is down yet and not in shape.
But picking up only one first down in the second half, with a 14 point lead? Ridiculous. I'm beginning to think the coach is an idiot along the lines of that moron Gruden in Washington. Throws RGIII under the bus, goes with McCoy and McCoy had a usual Redskins' game - 2 INTs and numerous sacks and got injured. lol Maybe the problem isn't RGIII.

Night Owl
December 8th, 2014, 4:32 PM
Their O line took a massive hit when they lost their center, Mack, to a broken leg early in the season. The guy was one of the best 2 or 3 in the NFL. It really seemed to mess up their running game and they have tried different players at center but can't seem to make it work. Their TE, Jordan Cameron, missed 4 games due to concussions. He's a Pro Bowler too. Then Josh Gordon was out for 10 games. But Gordon and Cameron were back yesterday. There were a couple of passes Gordon should have caught. I don't think his timing is down yet and not in shape.
But picking up only one first down in the second half, with a 14 point lead? Ridiculous. I'm beginning to think the coach is an idiot along the lines of that moron Gruden in Washington. Throws RGIII under the bus, goes with McCoy and McCoy had a usual Redskins' game - 2 INTs and numerous sacks and got injured. lol Maybe the problem isn't RGIII.
Naw, it's RGIII.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2014, 5:11 PM
Their O line there is particularly terrible, although I agree RGIII has problems - think more in his head than anywhere else. Defenses learned quick how to cope with these dual-threat QB's in the NFL. None of them do much anymore.

Rick
December 8th, 2014, 7:12 PM
The Browns are defining insanity by doing the same thing and expecting a different result. #benchhoyer!

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2014, 8:55 PM
And today Pettine had a press conference and said he still hadn't decided!!!!!!!!!
He has to be saying that just so he doesn't tip his hand for the upcoming Cincinnati game. He couldn't be this stupid. Could he?? :)

Night Owl
December 8th, 2014, 9:13 PM
And today Pettine had a press conference and said he still hadn't decided!!!!!!!!!
He has to be saying that just so he doesn't tip his hand for the upcoming Cincinnati game. He couldn't be this stupid. Could he?? :)
He took the Browns job, didn't he?:)

Chief
December 9th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Manziel has no class.

sfotw
December 9th, 2014, 6:25 AM
The Browns have ruined more QBs than any other team in the league, with the Redskins right behind them. I hope that Manziel and RGIII both end up on different teams that can bring out their potential.

Rick
December 9th, 2014, 9:32 AM
Not sure how they "ruin" them except that there's no one to help them develop. In McCoy's case, he was ruined to make Mac Brown look good and the Browns tried get a bargain.

Hell, it's been so long since they had a quality QB that they probably wouldn't recognize one if one entered the zip code.

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2014, 9:40 AM
Well, look at the QBs. Their first overall pick when they came back into the league was Tim Couch. I never thought he was that good in college. He was forced to start because the QB they had suffered a season ending injury in their first game. That was Ty Detmer, who wasn't worth a damn either. Brady Quinn was a joke. The Browns gave him ample chances. He bounced all over the league after the Browns finally released him and is now a sports announcer on some network. After Quinn they tried a few washed up vets before drafting Weeden. He, as he has demonstrated, is not very good either.
Now that also tells me the idiots in charge there were not a very good judge of talent. In the case of Couch they could have taken Donovan McNabb!!! Overall, their number one picks for the first 4 or 5 years never proved to be much good. The following year they took Courtney Brown, a DE from Penn State. He was good but always injured and finally just quit football. Then came DT Gerard Warren, who was good and played for years. Following him was William Green, a RB from Boston College. Another waste of a pick who lasted a couple of years and was out of football.
Now the new regime seems to be drafting better. And next year they have an extra #1 pick. Hopefully Manziel works out, but I have a feeling that he will be another RGIII - drive defenses crazy for one year before he gets leveled and hurt. Personally, I would have taken Teddy Bridgewater before I took Manziel.

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2014, 12:38 PM
The Browns announced today that Manziel will start Sunday. I hope it's on national TV. :)

fchafey
December 9th, 2014, 7:36 PM
The Browns have ruined more QBs than any other team in the league, with the Redskins right behind them. I hope that Manziel and RGIII both end up on different teams that can bring out their potential.

The Raiders have used 18 starting QB's since they went to the Super Bowl in 03, most in the league, as well as 8 head coaches, dont know if that is a blue ribbon too but I agree the Redskins have gone through QB's and it seems they have ever since Thiesman and Rypien. The Browns havent been right ever since the Ravens, Browns fisco years ago, infact they have never gotten over Kevin Mack's fumble.

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2014, 8:10 PM
And before Mack's mess there was that infamous Red Right 88 in 1980 playoffs: http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Greatest-Moments-1980-AFC-Divisional-Playoff/d85d64d5-6ffb-4f04-9321-bf85b95dacb5