PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Bears, Thursday Night

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2014, 7:27 PM
The Boys really need this one.

sojourner truth
December 4th, 2014, 7:39 PM
Yep... I just tuned in in time to see Romo sacked on his ass... again.

fchafey
December 4th, 2014, 7:46 PM
But they are driving now and Romo throws it to nowhere...3 and 4 no run, WTF...

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2014, 8:20 PM
7-7. 2nd quarter. The Bears' Brandon Marshall is out with a back injury.

gvls78
December 4th, 2014, 8:41 PM
Romo haters should reevaluate their football IQ! Idiots!!

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2014, 9:07 PM
Boys opening it up. The boo birds are out at Soldier Field. :))

fchafey
December 4th, 2014, 9:29 PM
They look a ton better than last week that is for sure.

sojourner truth
December 4th, 2014, 9:34 PM
Romos success is solely dependent on his offensive line... Granted, it works.. tonight. But as I said before, any one of us could probably do just about as good with all that time in the pocket.

Don't get me wrong, I hope their hand the Bears their shorts, but it won't be because of Romos excellent quarterbacking skills. He plays it safe. When given all the time in the world he throws only to a wide open receiver. If not, he either goes down or throws it so as not to be intercepted. A safe play all around, given the circumstances.

RGIII could be even more successful given that kind of time. But Romos line has surely extended his contract, that's for sure. He owes them a truckload of brewskis for that courtesy.

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2014, 9:35 PM
Makes up for the years he spent on his butt courtesy of a crappy offensive line.

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2014, 10:17 PM
At least the Cowboys defense and special teams is trying to keep it close. :))

cnjbond
December 4th, 2014, 10:37 PM
That was an UGLY win but I'll take it! At least they won't go 8-8 this year!!! :)

gvls78
December 4th, 2014, 10:58 PM
RG 3 is a garbage player now. He got hurt and he plays scared now. Not to mention after two knee surgeries he isn't the same athletic player he was. Throw in he doesn't put in the off time work that elite payers should. Romo isn't a great QB but he is very good. Oh and almost any QB needs a god offensive line.

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2014, 7:06 AM
Which has what to do with the Cowboys and Bears last night?

sojourner truth
December 5th, 2014, 8:31 AM
I mentioned RGIII, so it may have introduced the topic.

It was a sweet win considering that at the start of the season we were talking about how the boys would probably be lucky to win 5 or 6 games. So we should be grateful for this years record somewhat I suppose.

There is room for a lot of improvement, as the penalties that we saw last nigh were first week of the season stuff, and should have been overcome by now. The defense looked ok, but the secondary was porous as hell in the 2nd half to the pass. I will give them credit for some promise in the secondary after that interception in the end zone though... That gave them the game IMO. It took the wind out of the Bears sails that's for sure.

Still, I doubt we'll see the boys in the bowl this year.

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2014, 9:56 AM
More weird things have surely happened.
Seattle visits Philly this weekend. Something's gonna give there.
Just making the playoffs would be huge. But winning the division would be the best - get a home playoff game.

cnjbond
December 5th, 2014, 10:49 AM
I'm with you ST. My brother and I were talking about the Boys and he was saying how he hoped they could make it to the playoffs and I said I'm just happy that they already beat my expectations for them this year. Everything else is icing on the cake!

Next year I will expect them to compete for the Division crown and make a good push into the playoffs.

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2014, 11:36 AM
If Romo is still healthy they might. Now I read a report he is playing with a broken rib. This guy is getting all banged up. The Boys need to find a good #2 and groom him. And it's not Brandon Weeden.

gvls78
December 5th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I by no means think the Boys a Super Bowl team. I agree with Dave that anything is possible. I just get sick of folks banging on Romo when if it wasn't for him this team would be a 4 win team. So many times over the last few years Tony and the offense would put up 31 just for the defense to give up 35. Has he made mistakes? Dang right but overall he is a top ten QB in the league. Stats are what they are. I will say he will always be considered just a regular season stat guy till he leads the team to a deep playoff run.

cnjbond
December 5th, 2014, 3:44 PM
I by no means think the Boys a Super Bowl team. I agree with Dave that anything is possible. I just get sick of folks banging on Romo when if it wasn't for him this team would be a 4 win team. So many times over the last few years Tony and the offense would put up 31 just for the defense to give up 35. Has he made mistakes? Dang right but overall he is a top ten QB in the league. Stats are what they are. I will say he will always be considered just a regular season stat guy till he leads the team to a deep playoff run.

I agree with a lot of this post but I think most fans (that actually look at the gameline stats and relook at the crucial plays from the game) are a little leary about Romo because he seems to screw up in the important games where a win puts you into the playoffs. He played good in his 1st playoff game against Seattle and then fumbled the "slick" ball on the field goal attempt that ended their shot at winning. The year they went 13-3 with the best record in the NFC, he had a few boneheaded plays that added up to costing them the game.

You're right, he's definitely a top caliber QB but until he leads the Boys deep into the playoffs, he'll be known more for his chokes in big games than for his heroics in regular season games. It's just the nature of the beast. No one plays in the NFL to have good stats, they play to win championships...at least I hope that's the case. I'm not saying it's all been Romo's fault that they haven't been better in the playoffs or reached the playoffs but a QB of his caliber (and price tag) shouldn't make some of the bad decisions he does.

I think now that they have a true running game, we can expect better results with Romo at the helm...

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2014, 3:46 PM
Let's not get too excited about last night's win. After all, it was the Bears. The Bears were supposed to be very good this year after finishing second in offense last year. Injuries have ripped their defense to shreds. Idiot penalties kill them every game. That's a coaching problem. I have friends in Chicago and they tell me the entire city is ready to run the general manager and coach out of town.

cnjbond
December 5th, 2014, 3:48 PM
Let's not get too excited about last night's win. After all, it was the Bears. The Bears were supposed to be very good this year after finishing second in offense last year. Injuries have ripped their defense to shreds. Idiot penalties kill them every game. That's a coaching problem. I have friends in Chicago and they tell me the entire city is ready to run the general manager and coach out of town.

AND they lost their number one receiver that was having his way with the secondary up to the point he was injured.

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2014, 3:49 PM
I agree with you Mr. Bond about some of Romo's boneheaded plays. I think he tried to force too many passes and not take what the opponent's defense would give. Hopefully he's learned now (if he hasn't by now he should be dumped).
He's got 10 other guys out there to help him, and this year especially with Murray having a career year.