PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Eagles

fchafey
November 27th, 2014, 7:50 PM
What happened? I read the box score and it looks like the Cowboys offense never got going. Romo had a rating of 53 and Sanchez 102. Murray less than 70 yards. Are the Eagles that good? thanks, Fred.

CenTexDave
November 27th, 2014, 8:42 PM
They were that good today.
The Cowboys came out flat and never really got going. Couldn't stop the run and Sanchez did fine.

sojourner truth
November 27th, 2014, 9:01 PM
What happened? I read the box score and it looks like the Cowboys offense never got going. Romo had a rating of 53 and Sanchez 102. Murray less than 70 yards. Are the Eagles that good? thanks, Fred.

That's because the defense spent all the time on the field.... Much to their chagrin..........

cnjbond
November 28th, 2014, 9:59 AM
Once again, that defense makes a mediocre QB look like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana!

CenTexDave
November 28th, 2014, 10:08 AM
The defense played good earlier in the season, but it's starting to leak big time now.
Four games left, 3 of them on the road - at Chicago, at Philly, at Washington with Indy coming to town before the Skins' game.
Starting to look like a 10-6 season which should get them in the playoffs - maybe.

cnjbond
November 28th, 2014, 1:26 PM
I hope this was just a hiccup and they'll get things figured out by next week's game...that was embarrassing!

CenTexDave
November 28th, 2014, 2:56 PM
I hope so, too, but I have a feeling............
Aw hell no. They can beat Chicago. I think. lol

cnjbond
December 14th, 2014, 9:40 PM
Looks like they weren't embarrassed enough from the last game and decided to look like a bunch of buffoons once again. Not sure how you go up by 21 points and then end up getting behind 24-21. They are who we thought they were...a JOKE! By joke I mean the defense!

fchafey
December 14th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Well it is 35-27 Dallas, and they just got a break, we will see.......

cnjbond
December 14th, 2014, 10:40 PM
As you were...good job Dallas! :)

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2014, 6:12 AM
Had me worried there for a while but then they took control again.

Night Owl
December 15th, 2014, 7:59 AM
As you were...good job Dallas! :)
Damn Romo. He blew it again. He needs to be on the bench. How dare him to blow another game. I saw him miss 3 tackles on ONE play. He also missed covering two receivers and let one go for 72 yards on a 3rd and 21.

who was that guy they threw 3 TD passes, two of them after Romo let the Pigeon offense comeback and erase a 21 point lead. Sure am glad Romo wasn't on the field when the QB threw two passes to Bryant in the come from behind win in the 4th quarter. Everyone knows Romo isn't a very good QB, we need to start the backup.

:doh:crying

sojourner truth
December 15th, 2014, 8:17 AM
Nice win though... Had me worried though for a while. It was like someone turned off a switch or something.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the stat that Romo was the #2 ranked QB in the league... Until I saw that the determining factor was pass to interception ratio... Now it makes sense.

I mean, if you never throw a pass unless you have 10 seconds to find a receiver who has no one around him for a mile, your record would be good too.

The secret is to worry more about being intercepted than actually making a completion. Completions being a secondary element in the statistics.

Problem is, you have to ask yourself are these guy capable of getting to a superbowl game. And if they are, can they win? Now be honest when you answer.

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2014, 8:25 AM
No, don't think they will get to the SuperBowl. Seattle seems to have gotten their troubles fixed. I thought it would be Green Bay until I saw how crappy they played in Buffalo yesterday.
But the Boys need to win the last two and might get home field throughout the playoffs. Detroit and Green Bay again so one of them has to lose. And Arizona is down to their 3rd string QB. Of course, so was Ohio State. :)

Night Owl
December 15th, 2014, 8:30 AM
No I don't think they can get to the Super Bowl. Their offense can do the job, but the defense has a long way to go. I'm just hoping they get into the playoffs. Going 1-1 the next two weeks may leave then sitting in the stands watching the playoffs again.

sojourner truth
December 15th, 2014, 9:46 AM
Still, Jerry will be busting his buttons because they had a "winning season" and Tony will get a new, big bucks, extended length contract.

That is if he isn't still trying to pay Dieone Sanders contract money.....

The O line gave Romo a lot of time, and that was a deciding factor in his pass completion numbers. And, he has a lot of offensive talent on tap with Murray and Bryant.... The defense... not so much.

It was like they just went to sleep in the second quarter...

But all's well that ends well.

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2014, 9:56 AM
Jerry's wallet will be much lighter come next summer. Not only Jason Garrett's contract expires, but so does Dez Bryant's and DeMarco Murray's. Gonna be some big bucks shelled out there. And Jerry will do it.

cnjbond
December 15th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Damn Romo. He blew it again. He needs to be on the bench. How dare him to blow another game. I saw him miss 3 tackles on ONE play. He also missed covering two receivers and let one go for 72 yards on a 3rd and 21.

who was that guy they threw 3 TD passes, two of them after Romo let the Pigeon offense comeback and erase a 21 point lead. Sure am glad Romo wasn't on the field when the QB threw two passes to Bryant in the come from behind win in the 4th quarter. Everyone knows Romo isn't a very good QB, we need to start the backup.

:doh:crying

Hey now, I said Romo is playing good this year but he won't be embraced by all Cowboy fans until he wins a few playoff games and not be the reason they lost. And while we're on Romo the magnificent, he nearly threw a pick that was broken up by Harris, inside the Cowboy's end of the field and that boneheaded fumble after sitting in the pocket dancing around for what seemed like forever, lead to an Eagle score. Having said that, Romo had some pretty spectacular throws as well because there a few that he threw into tight coverage that were AMAZING!

The defense...not sure what you can say about them, Brandon Carr made some very STUPID plays that nearly cost them the game but the secondary as a whole looked suspect for most of the night. I good fix for a terrible secondary is a good pass rush and I don't think the D-Line is quite there yet. They got good pressure in spurts but they'll have to improve if they want to make a deep push into the playoffs...more importantly, if they want to beat the Colts next week. Too bad it's a home game and not away...

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2014, 1:08 PM
Indy may have won its division, but they have been unspectacular doing it. Pressure Andrew Luck and he'll throw interceptions. I have never understood all the hype about this guy. Sure, they win, but it's because most teams aren't taking advantage of the turnovers.

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2014, 5:13 PM
DeMarco has broken a bone in his left hand. Having surgery today. Probably will be a game time decision whether he will play or sit. There goes his 2000 yard season.

gnatsum
December 15th, 2014, 5:40 PM
Watched a game yesterday with some friends. One of them (pseudo-self proclaimed expert on all things football) told me that the NFL has evolved into a league that DEMANDS that quarterbacks stick to a passing offense rather than one that uses a varied ground attack. Apparently, the NFL wants to see the ball in the air as much as possible, not handed off to a reciever who then tries to force his way up through the opponent's defensive line. Hence, the "all important" stats on passes completed, passing yardage, etc.

As for passing, I am reminded of a quote from legendary coach Woody Hayes, who said "only three things can happen when you pass (a completion, an incompletion, and an interception) and two of them are bad."

gnatsum
December 15th, 2014, 5:48 PM
Hey now, I said Romo is playing good this year but he won't be embraced by all Cowboy fans until he wins a few playoff games and not be the reason they lost.

Cowboys haven't won a division playoff game since they won Super Bowl XXX in 1996 (they did win a wild card in two seasons, but lost the next game).
Could be interesting...and time for Romo to win one. As I've quoted here before a Dallas radio sports station jock, there "are Cowboy fans today who weren't ALIVE when the 'boys won their last division!"

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2014, 6:05 PM
They think passing is more exciting. Probably correct, but I like to see a varied game.
If you want to watch passing football tune in an Arena League Game or watch Canadian football.

LauraA
December 16th, 2014, 11:28 AM
No, don't think they will get to the SuperBowl. Seattle seems to have gotten their troubles fixed. I thought it would be Green Bay until I saw how crappy they played in Buffalo yesterday.
But the Boys need to win the last two and might get home field throughout the playoffs. Detroit and Green Bay again so one of them has to lose. And Arizona is down to their 3rd string QB. Of course, so was Ohio State. :)

I would just like to give a little shout out here to my hometown team, the Rams. I don't know what is in the water, but their defense has stepped up. Usually we are the perennial bottom dwellers, but they are starting to look like a real team, even without QB Sam Bradford who is out hurt. Heck, I don't even know the name of the backup QB. It could be Kurt Warner for all I know, but the defensive line is kicking butt. :partydrink:

CenTexDave
December 16th, 2014, 1:38 PM
The problem is Bradford is always out hurt, and even when he isn't he isn't very good. Certainly not a #1 overall type of draft pick good. And with a lousy crop of college QB's coming out and they won't have a high draft pick, what do they do now? Check for free agents? There is a reason those QB's will be free agents.
Might get a good deal from the Browns for Hoyer or Manziel. :))

Night Owl
December 16th, 2014, 3:33 PM
Or RGIII.:))

CenTexDave
December 16th, 2014, 3:52 PM
That would really be ironic, wouldn't it - RGIII to the Rams. :)

rk103
December 16th, 2014, 3:54 PM
I would just like to give a little shout out here to my hometown team, the Rams. I don't know what is in the water, but their defense has stepped up. Usually we are the perennial bottom dwellers, but they are starting to look like a real team, even without QB Sam Bradford who is out hurt. Heck, I don't even know the name of the backup QB. It could be Kurt Warner for all I know, but the defensive line is kicking butt. :partydrink:

Los Angeles? Anaheim?

LauraA
December 16th, 2014, 4:00 PM
The problem is Bradford is always out hurt, and even when he isn't he isn't very good. Certainly not a #1 overall type of draft pick good. And with a lousy crop of college QB's coming out and they won't have a high draft pick, what do they do now? Check for free agents? There is a reason those QB's will be free agents.
Might get a good deal from the Browns for Hoyer or Manziel. :))

We already got one Heisman dud, we don't want another. I wouldn't mind a QB with some experience. We won the super bowl with Kurt Warner so sometimes talent gets overlooked or they think they are too old. Peyton is doing well in Denver for an old guy.

CenTexDave
December 16th, 2014, 4:07 PM
Warner did real good, but it was more of the system he was in. The Greatest Show on Turf. It was Marshall Faulk who ran that offense.