PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Giants

CenTexDave
November 23rd, 2014, 6:01 PM
I hope Eli throws 3 more INTs. :)

fchafey
November 23rd, 2014, 7:34 PM
I have it on here, so happy to be able to see it. I dont think the Giants will be able to hang unless they schwack Romo, but it doesnt matter, no beer, no wife but a little bit of home in this hole....

Grammar Rules
November 23rd, 2014, 7:45 PM
One out of three....you're right. At least it's a little something.

cnjbond
November 23rd, 2014, 7:48 PM
Unfortunately, the Giants seem to be doing just fine so far...

fchafey
November 23rd, 2014, 7:50 PM
Well WTF was Eli doing on that 2nd down play....good grief, a touchdown the next play. Romo seems to be pretty healthy moving around well and the Giants secondary is a sieve....

fchafey
November 23rd, 2014, 8:06 PM
Holy Cow!!!! that catch was amazing.......interesting how he pulled the defender to the ground....oh yea they are in Jersey.....too bad Victor Cruz isnt in there with him, but it is becasue of Cruz's injury he IS there...The 'Boys got a game on thier hands

cnjbond
November 23rd, 2014, 8:11 PM
Holy Cow!!!! that catch was amazing.......interesting how he pulled the defender to the ground....oh yea they are in Jersey.....too bad Victor Cruz isnt in there with him, but it is becasue of Cruz's injury he IS there...The 'Boys got a game on thier hands

Are we looking at the same game?!! Carr was draped all over Beckham but I agree on the catch, that was ridiculous!!!

fchafey
November 23rd, 2014, 8:36 PM
On the replay Carr was on him but the way Beckham was able to close on his arm and pull him to the ground, amazing catch.....

cnjbond
November 23rd, 2014, 8:36 PM
Romo seems to be pretty healthy moving around well and the Giants secondary is a sieve....
I think you meant the Cowboys secondary is a sieve...it's about time they start applying a little double coverage on Beckham, goodness that kid is killing them!

I don't understand why the Boys continue to make the worst QBs look like they're elite QBs when they play against them because if you wanna get your confidence back as a QB? Just play against the Cowboy's defense...

CenTexDave
November 23rd, 2014, 8:40 PM
Glad they had a bye week to work on everything they need to do to stop Eli. I guess they figured just because he tossed 5 INTs last week he'd do a repeat performance.

fchafey
November 23rd, 2014, 8:40 PM
The secondary's of both are terrible. The Giants arent getting to Romo and he is finding Mr. Bryant. I wish Collingsworth would go away or get laryngitis...

sojourner truth
November 23rd, 2014, 9:01 PM
This game is going to go to the team that stinks less...

fchafey
November 23rd, 2014, 9:02 PM
The last 2 and half minutes they were both horrible. Breakfast time.

cnjbond
November 23rd, 2014, 9:07 PM
The running back has been open on the little swing pass a couple of times for Dallas but when Romo is missing them, when he's not running for his life that is. Although the Giants have been pretty stout against the run, they need to keep pounding it and not abandon it too quickly but the defense is also going to have to stop the Giants as well so that they don't get too far behind. I'm curious to see what adjustments the Boys make at the half. I'd start with bringing a few more blockers for Romo and start playing a little smash mouth ball!

fchafey
November 23rd, 2014, 9:44 PM
The reciever was in bounds and took a flop.....

cnjbond
November 23rd, 2014, 10:10 PM
Looks like Dallas made the halftime adjustments but I don't get them running the ball down the Giants throats and then they go for a pass play on 3rd and short...I just don't get it.

fchafey
November 23rd, 2014, 10:16 PM
And of course Eli threw the ball 82 feet too high..... I predicted the Giants would be 9-7, looks like they will be more like 7-9 if they are lucky....

fchafey
November 23rd, 2014, 10:47 PM
Game over. Horrible. Hope the Cowboys do well on Thursday against the Eagles.....

cnjbond
November 23rd, 2014, 10:57 PM
The Boyz pulled it out. Great win, but they'll have to play a lot better on defense to beat the Eagles...even if dirty Sanchez AKA Butt Fumble is the starting QB.

fchafey
November 23rd, 2014, 11:09 PM
0130 Friday start here, I will get up for that. That is the Cowboys test, if those young kids can keep Romo upright. He had almost 9 seconds on that TD pass. Other than the 3rd and 4 and they tried to pass, the offense played very well. Looking foward to that game.

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2014, 5:21 AM
The Cowboys showed me something with this win. Last year that game winning drive would have ended in a Romo INT. Romo did good.

cnjbond
November 24th, 2014, 8:06 AM
The Cowboys showed me something with this win. Last year that game winning drive would have ended in a Romo INT. Romo did good.

I'm with you on that one because the whole time I was thinking, how is Romo going to screw this one up and he surprised me! Even better than that was the defense's ability to stop the Giants on a PASS play on 4th down! That was a great stop!

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2014, 9:32 AM
Thanksgiving game is gonna be great. I hope the Cowboys stomp Sanchez into the ground. :)

sojourner truth
November 24th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Romo was good? I didn't think so.... His offensive line, which continuously gave him over 10 seconds to get the ball off during the second half was good, but Romo was not good. #77, Tyron Smith was good... no... great. He should have got the game ball. Romo owes him a six pack or 3.

His receivers take way too long to get open, and even then, Romo hesitates way too long to loose the ball. I am beginning to think he is doing a Field Marshall Montgomery.... More interested in not getting intercepted than actually gaining yardage.

It was another ugly, way too close for comfort win. And that over a stumbling Giants team who looked just as bad as the boys did.

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Wasn't great, but he was good enough to toss 4 TDs. That one play where he fumbled wasn't good though.
Receivers aren't getting open early, that's why he's hanging onto the ball for so long, but a DB can only stay with a receiver for 4 or 5 seconds. Remember, the DB doesn't know where the WR is going.

sojourner truth
November 24th, 2014, 3:26 PM
Romo was successful last night because he had all the time in the world to get rid of the ball thanks to his O line. Shoot... even I could throw touchdowns given 10+ seconds to find an open WR and get the ball to him.

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2014, 4:15 PM
Very true.

sojourner truth
November 24th, 2014, 8:53 PM
The only sad thing that happened was that that miracle catch in the end zone that was made by the Giants will be overshadowed by the loss...

That was one heck of a catch...

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2014, 9:43 PM
That dude is something else.

cnjbond
November 25th, 2014, 1:06 PM
The only sad thing that happened was that that miracle catch in the end zone that was made by the Giants will be overshadowed by the loss...

That was one heck of a catch...

This begs the question, was Eli Manning really that good on the Giants two Super bowl runs or just lucky by being saved with two tremendous catches? Although I'm sure they would say it's better to be lucky than good seeing that it lead to two Super bowl trophies...one more than his brother who's arguably one of the best QBs to ever play the game!

CenTexDave
November 25th, 2014, 2:35 PM
He had much better teams around him then. A decent QB with a good support staff.

fchafey
November 25th, 2014, 7:51 PM
Cowboys win a playoff game, and play for the Conference Championship will get the monkey off of Romo's back, just like Young had to do following Montana. I hope the Cowboys have enough this year to get it done. I did think the Saints and Seahawks were the top, now it seems the Packers are really getting their act together. It will be very interesting to see what shakes out.

CenTexDave
November 25th, 2014, 8:52 PM
I think Arizona, although a great defense, is gonna lose more now that their QB is out for the year.
I can't figure Seattle out. Maybe they are just resting too much on their laurels of yesteryear.
The Pack is looking real good.
We should know more by 6:30PM Thanksgiving evening.

fchafey
November 25th, 2014, 8:56 PM
Very happy for Arizona, long time basement dwellers until recently. The old NFC East Cardinals were never an easy out in St Louis and had some really fine players once upon a time. However with the loss of thier starter, I think they will limp into the playoffs and it will end there. SF has to play Seattle twice in the next three weeks, to Az's advantage, but am not so sure with Seattle, they have some issues in the locker room it seems, at least from the die hard Seattle fans I eat breakfast with over here.