PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Division 3 Playoff Brackets is out!

yankeerunner
November 16th, 2014, 5:20 PM
Start scratching Dave! The brackets are out! Yes, you called it right, both Whitewater and UMHB are on the same side of the bracket! The Cru will be hosting Texas Luthern University the Saturday, November 22nd!

Here's the bracket:

http://www.d3football.com/playoffs/2014/bracket

CenTexDave
November 16th, 2014, 5:31 PM
Garbage at its best.

yankeerunner
November 16th, 2014, 5:54 PM
Looking closer at the bracket you can see that both Whitewater and Mount Union have a cream puff for their first opponent. Whitewater plays an unranked Macalester and Mount Union plays and unranked Adrian! Wesley who is seated #1 in the East plays 38th ranked Hampden Sydney and UMHB plays 24th ranked Texas Lutheran. Also, both Whitewater and Mount Union have two unranked teams in their bracket while both Wesley and UMHB have just one unranked team in their respected bracket.

I really hope that both UMHB and Wesley meet in the Stagg Bowl and leave the NCAA to scratch their head and wonder how the easy path they gave to Whitewater and Mount Union didn't pan out for them.

If you have the time you should go out and support The Cru this Saturday, November 22nd up in Belton at Crusader Stadium!

Having a local team that went undefeated and ranked #2 in the nation right in your backyard is a pretty good deal!

Go Cru, BTHO Texas Luthern!

Night Owl
November 16th, 2014, 6:17 PM
They all play one game at a time. You win, you advance. All the Cru has to do is win. Crying about who they play is silly.

yankeerunner
November 16th, 2014, 6:41 PM
No crying here Night Owl, The Cru will play each game one game at a time and try to make it to the Stagg Bowl. I was pointing out how slanted the NCAA is when it comes to the pairing. The NCAA is so cheap to pair up the teams the way they should be and not try to doctor the bracket so more teams are within 500 miles of each other so those teams have to bus to their game.

CenTexDave
November 16th, 2014, 7:11 PM
No one is crying. We are just stating that the #1 and #2 ranked teams should be in opposite brackets. They did the same last year. I went on the Div III website. Lots of people also questioning this and some of the picks. They chose one team who lost to a team that was 9-1 and did not get selected.
I guess it runs in the NCAA's blood - look at the idiots on the FBS CFP committee. :))

Rick
November 16th, 2014, 7:50 PM
After watching this for fifteen years, one thing is a given, the NCAA doesn't make sense. It's as if they want Mount Union and Whitewater matching up every year. Get used to it. If they do as they did last year and give the semi-final home game to UMHB (if they make it that far :pray), then all can be forgiven...lol

I'll be there Saturday, might even have an extra ticket if neither of my kids come home this weekend.

Rick
November 18th, 2014, 9:38 AM
I'm ready! Got the email telling me that tickets were ready while I was in Temple yesterday.

yankeerunner
November 18th, 2014, 10:18 PM
I'm ready! Got the email telling me that tickets were ready while I was in Temple yesterday. 5115

I got mine yesterday. Maybe I'll run into you there at the game.

Rick
November 19th, 2014, 4:40 AM
Hope so, would like to meet you.

Night Owl
November 19th, 2014, 8:46 AM
Should be an easy meet since it seems you have the same parking spot.:))

Rick
November 19th, 2014, 9:15 AM
lol moron!