PDA

View Full Version : Div III Playoffs

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Although not official until after today's games and tomorrow's selections, this is projected. Notice how, once again, UMHB, ranked #2, gets put in with UW-Whitewater:

Is this a conspiracy?

yankeerunner
November 15th, 2014, 8:33 PM
Although not official until after today's games and tomorrow's selections, this is projected. Notice how, once again, UMHB, ranked #2, gets put in with UW-Whitewater:

Is this a conspiracy?

Yes Dave, one would get that impression of a conspiracy. Both Whitewater and Mount Union had close games. It will be interesting to see if their close games play into the playoff brackets. The Cru will just have to play hard nose football and beat whoever they play. Also, if UMHB and Whitewater both make it to the semifinals I wonder if the bracket committee will give the home field to The Cru like they did last year?

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 8:45 PM
Wasn't the Cru higher in the rankings last year than UW-Whitewater?
Shake it up - rank UMHB #1. 83 points!!!

Rick
November 15th, 2014, 10:37 PM
I'm disappointed in the Cru only scoring 83 after scoring 85 last week. Looks like they peaked too soon... :bluerofl

CenTexDave
November 16th, 2014, 1:24 PM
Div III's website did their own projected bracket late last night. The Cru remained where they were, but were a few changes from that previous projected bracket. They took John Carroll out of Cru's bracket which is good news. That team came within 6 yards and 3 seconds of beating Mt. Union.

yankeerunner
November 16th, 2014, 2:13 PM
The NCAA D3 selection committee will meet this evening, Sunday, November 16th at 6 pm EST.

Here's a link to it: http://www.d3football.com/playoffs/2014/selection-show

As in the past the NCAA will make some choices for the playoff bracket that will make us just scratch our heads. The NCAA will move teams around so they fall within 500 miles of each other, that way the traveling team will take a bus instead of flying. They will also decide who plays at home and who has to travel, just like last year when Whitewater had to travel down to Belton last year for the semifinals.

CenTexDave
November 16th, 2014, 4:29 PM
For the first round that makes sense. But again, you are correct, I will be scratching my head if they put UMHB and UW-Whitewater on the same side. It should be 1-4, 2-3. They seem to show favoritism to Mount Union every year.