PDA

View Full Version : Some Good Games Tomorrow

CenTexDave
November 14th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Besides the Cru blowing out East Baptist. lol
Ohio State at Minnesota. Gophers are tired for first in the Big Ten West. Gonna be cold and Minneapolis just got 18" of snow. lol
Auburn at Georgia. This could jumble the CPF Top Ten.
Nebraska at Wisconsin. Two the nation's premier RBs. Wisconsin is really tough at home. Sorry, LauraA.
Miss State at Alabama. #1 vs #5 in the CFP poll. Bama loses and they are done. MSU loses and they'll drop because many still don't believe in them.

cnjbond
November 14th, 2014, 2:31 PM
You forgot about the Mizzou vs A&M game...College Game Day will be in College Station!! :)

CenTexDave
November 14th, 2014, 3:31 PM
OK, Mizzou at A&M. lol
I think ESPN decided that after A&M first blasted South Carolina. To me the game of the week is Miss St at Bama, but that is just me.
I hope Miss St wins.

kantwin
November 14th, 2014, 5:26 PM
OK, Mizzou at A&M. lol I think ESPN decided that after A&M first blasted South Carolina. To me the game of the week is Miss St at Bama, but that is just me. I hope Miss St wins.
Bite your tongue.
Roll TIDE!

CenTexDave
November 14th, 2014, 5:58 PM
I knew that would get your dander up. :)
Nothing personal - just have to figure a way for Ohio State to get in the top 4. I figured if Bama loses they would probably drop down to 8 or 9 with two losses.

CenTexDave
November 14th, 2014, 6:10 PM
Another good one I should have mentioned before - in Div III Mount Union plays John Carroll. Mount Union is ranked #3 right behind UMHB. John Carroll is also undefeated and ranked #6. Unfortunately UW-Whitewater plays one of the pansies in their conference.
GO CRU!!!!!!!

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Ohio State vs Minnesota - playing in a snow storm.
OSU freshman QB J.T. Barrett takes off on an 86 yard TD run. :))

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Oh, the kid can throw it too - 57 yard TD pass.
Buckeyes-14, Golden Gophers-0, and Cobb has a total of 1 yard rushing. :))

birdfriend
November 15th, 2014, 12:02 PM
College Game Day was from the University of Alabama today with the Lone Survivor, Marcus Luttrell, as guest. He picked teams that wouldn't get him in trouble with the folks back home in Texas(A&M) and his wife(LSU). :)

Night Owl
November 15th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Halftime. Zero state U 17 Cobb 14.:)

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 1:09 PM
Yep. Turnovers, and they Cobb going.
The refs are communists. :)

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 1:17 PM
Ha - take that Minnesota. J.T. Barrett 30 yard TD pass.
Barrett just broke the school record for most TD's in a year, and this is only their 10th game.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 1:50 PM
Buckeyes pulling away in the 2nd half. 31-14. Following another Go-fer INT, another Barrett TD pass. :)
Might be the best balanced offense in college ball. 200 yards passing, 260 yards rushing.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 1:56 PM
Minnesota did get David Cobb going. 23 rushes - 120 yards.
But-----Barrett has 17 rushes for 177 yards. :)

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 2:27 PM
Not as impressive as I was hoping for, but we'll take it.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 2:59 PM
Don't know what is wrong with Div III's website as there is no score for either the Cru or UW-Whitewater.
Mt. Union and John Carroll in a close one in the 4th quarter.

birdfriend
November 15th, 2014, 3:04 PM
42-6 Cru leading. http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=63768&a=1

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 3:15 PM
Great.
Mt. Union and John Carroll are tied at 24. 1:00 to play.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 3:21 PM
And WHAM - Mt. Union scores and now leads 31-24. Guess this John Carroll should not be taken lightly though. The predicted brackets has them in with UMHB.

birdfriend
November 15th, 2014, 3:23 PM
Now 62-6 Cru

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 3:27 PM
Found it. Some kid got hurt bad. Hope it's not a Cru player.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 3:39 PM
70-6, Cru, and still lots of time left in the 4th.

birdfriend
November 15th, 2014, 3:44 PM
Did you find out if a Cru player was the one hurt?

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 3:45 PM
Was an ETBU player, but he did walk off the field.
Listening to this on the radio. The announcers just went nuts - "TIGER IN THE ENDZONE". BFD. Now will be 70-14. :)
Sorry - was wrong. They went for two and missed it. 70-12. LOL

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 3:53 PM
Guess that TD pissed them off.
UMHB-77, ETBU-12. :))

birdfriend
November 15th, 2014, 3:59 PM
Alabama leads 19-0

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 4:01 PM
4th string RB just breaks one.
Cru-83, ETBU-12. Low snap and they blow the xtra point. Low snaps have bothered them all year.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 4:03 PM
Alabama leads 19-0
I don't know what to think of the SEC this year. Obviously the best conference in football, but it's like no team wants to win it.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 4:04 PM
Notre Dame losing to Northwestern. :)):bluerofl:bluerofl:))

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 4:05 PM
Kansas is beating TCU 20-10, early 3rd.
Killeen's Michael Cummings, Kansas QB, having a great game.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 4:12 PM
The Cru has cleared the bench for a while now. ETBU scores again. 83-19. Less than one minute left.
Wisconsin-Nebraska are in a good one. Currently 24-17, Badgers, late 2nd quarter.
Supposed to be a match up of two of the best RBs in the country. Nebraska's Abdullah doing ok - 12 carries, 63 yards. Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon is having a huge game - 238 yards already.
UW-Whitewater pulls one out of their butts over UW-River Falls, a team that has lost 7 games. 28-25.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 4:23 PM
Wow. Kansas scores again and leads TCU 27-17. Cummings is doing great.

birdfriend
November 15th, 2014, 4:24 PM
That catch!

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 4:30 PM
Now consider this: Bama is rolling Miss State 19-3 at the half. Obviously Miss St was very over rated. So we'll say The Tide wins.
Say Kansas does upset TCU.
Now what? Is that committee of fools going to put Oregon, who has TWO consecutive bye weeks, as #1? Florida State plays Miami tonight.
What about Bama? Can they jump them to #1?
what b.s.

kantwin
November 15th, 2014, 4:37 PM
Kansas is beating TCU 20-10, early 3rd. Killeen's Michael Cummings, Kansas QB, having a great game.
He was pretty good in high school.

birdfriend
November 15th, 2014, 4:43 PM
TCU now leading 31-27! I don't know what that committee will decide, Dave. This is far from over and I'm looking for more upsets in the next few weeks. I'm just hoping for some good match-ups in the final four teams and in other bowls. There are so many excellent teams this year in all of the conferences.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 5:08 PM
34-30, TCU now.
I read about that Mount Union-John Carroll game that Mount Union won. John Carroll got down inside the 5 and with 3 seconds left spiked the ball. That is now a no-no.

kantwin
November 15th, 2014, 6:14 PM
Roll TIDE

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 7:17 PM
LOL. They won, but I was not very impressed with either team. Alabama will obviously move into the top 4. Wherever Miss St ends up I'd have to guess.
TCU pulled it out of their butt. Was supposed to be a style point, blowout against a very weak team. Might end up dropping them out of the top 4.
Did anyone see Wisconsin-Nebraska. Was supposed to be the premier match up of the two best RB's. Wisconsin destroyed them behind Melvin Gordon's 406 rushing yards!! That's right - 406. And he only played through 3 quarters!!
Was still a good Saturday though because Notre Dame lost to Northwestern in OT. :))

birdfriend
November 15th, 2014, 7:48 PM
Miami is looking good so far. I know a FSU defeat would really make your weekend! :))

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 8:03 PM
Unfortunately, FSU has to fall behind by 20 or so to wake up. The second half should be interesting. :)

kantwin
November 15th, 2014, 8:07 PM
LOL. They won, but I was not very impressed with either team. Alabama will obviously move into the top 4. Wherever Miss St ends up I'd have to guess. TCU pulled it out of their butt. Was supposed to be a style point, blowout against a very weak team. Might end up dropping them out of the top 4. Did anyone see Wisconsin-Nebraska. Was supposed to be the premier match up of the two best RB's. Wisconsin destroyed them behind Melvin Gordon's 406 rushing yards!! That's right - 406. And he only played through 3 quarters!! Was still a good Saturday though because Notre Dame lost to Northwestern in OT. :)) 406 was the old record. Gordon rushed 408.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 8:13 PM
Better yet, FSU is losing to Miami, 23-7. :))

kantwin
November 15th, 2014, 8:14 PM
Better yet, FSU is losing to Miami, 23-7. :)) Whoot!

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 8:48 PM
Miami missed a chip shot FG with two minutes to go in the first half. It might cost them. 23-10 at the half.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 8:51 PM
Gawd!!!!!!!!!! Mack Brown is now a studio analyst for ABC college football. Get him outta there!!!!!!!!

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 9:31 PM
23-17, Miami.
You just have to be lucky sometimes. 3rd and goal from the 12 and Winston throws a pass, is batted by a LB and falls into the hands of a WR who walks into the end zone. lol

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 9:39 PM
Miami turns it over. This is typical of the way Florida State has always managed to come back in the second half.

CenTexDave
November 15th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Miami has self destructed. FSU now leads 30-26, 2:45 left. Miami has missed an extra point and a chip shot FG or this would be tied.
A&M managed to lose to Mizzou and Georgia stomped Auburn. This year is crazy.

LauraA
November 19th, 2014, 6:12 PM
Besides the Cru blowing out East Baptist. lol
Ohio State at Minnesota. Gophers are tired for first in the Big Ten West. Gonna be cold and Minneapolis just got 18" of snow. lol
Auburn at Georgia. This could jumble the CPF Top Ten.
Nebraska at Wisconsin. Two the nation's premier RBs. Wisconsin is really tough at home. Sorry, LauraA.
Miss State at Alabama. #1 vs #5 in the CFP poll. Bama loses and they are done. MSU loses and they'll drop because many still don't believe in them.

I didn't get to see the game because I was in meetings all day, but we really got killed in that game :crying Even when I try to cheer myself up and say that "well my sister-in-law graduated from there" but it doesn't help, lol. We are still in the top 25 though so we will be going to some bowl.
I was also bummed out that my little cinderella team Mississippi St. lost. I so much wanted them to take down Alabama. Also, when is Louisville going to get some love? There are teams with 3 losses in the top 25.

LauraA
November 19th, 2014, 6:16 PM
TCU now leading 31-27! I don't know what that committee will decide, Dave. This is far from over and I'm looking for more upsets in the next few weeks. I'm just hoping for some good match-ups in the final four teams and in other bowls. There are so many excellent teams this year in all of the conferences.

This whole new system confuses me.

CenTexDave
November 19th, 2014, 6:18 PM
They'll all get to a bowl game.
This year everyone seems to think that in order to have a successful year you have to make that CFP.
Remember, only one team of those four will end the season with a win. And I don't think it will be Florida State. :)

LauraA
November 20th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Even UT is bowl eligible now simply by virtue of the fact that they are over .500. The bar for a bowl doesn't seem to be set too high.

CenTexDave
November 20th, 2014, 7:25 AM
It used to be 7 victories, then was lowered to 6. There will be a few teams that end up in a bowl game that have a 6-6 record.
That's not as bad as high school here though. There were a few teams that were 4-6 that got into the playoffs. Amazingly, a couple of them are now 5-6. And because of of 4 teams from each district making it to the playoffs, there was actually a team from some district in Houston that went 0-10 and made the playoffs. Evidently a school or two in their district closed or forfeited the season. They got wiped out in the playoff game. Waste of time to even have a playoff game in that instance.