PDA

View Full Version : UIW punter complains to his mom that Coach "roughed him up"

beaver
November 12th, 2014, 7:14 PM
http://www.kens5.com/story/news/local/2014/11/11/uiw-head-coach-todd-ivicic-incarnate-word-player-football-university/18897519/

CenTexDave
November 12th, 2014, 7:54 PM
Awwww........poor little baby. Bet he is real popular with his teammates now. :))

fchafey
November 12th, 2014, 8:05 PM
Atleast he didnt lock him in the closet like Craig Stevens kids at TTU. Cant put your hands on kids, that is why I can never be a teacher, I dont have the patience for some of the little reprobrates teachers and coaches are forced to deal with. Dont know the whole story but maybe this guy had his fill of him. Sad.

CenTexDave
November 12th, 2014, 8:57 PM
Craig James' brat. And while I agree he shouldn't have been locked in that shed, a few laps around the track might have gotten his attention.

fchafey
November 12th, 2014, 9:00 PM
James, not Stevens, me and names good grief....we cant lock people in the porta potties anymore that is considered hazing and is a big no no....Saw a dirt bag get shoved in a locker once in Germany and the locker went out the wondow...

sojourner truth
November 12th, 2014, 9:07 PM
Seen the locker out the window once myself... and still think it sucks. There are better ways to induct someone into whatever organization someone feels they are in charge of, and demand some sort of ritual to kiss their... feet...

But there is nothing worse to do to a person than push them somewhere when they are in the port-a-pooper... I mean, all that fluid has to go somewhere, and it usually is on the person enclosed.

The worst one I ever saw was in Viet Nam when the First Sergeant went mysteriously "downhill" in a crapper that was accidentally nudged over by a wayward jeep.... He had to take serious showers before anyone would come near him... And it was all about his not giving someone a writeup for a medal they had dearly earned. Simply because he didn't like the soldier involved.

CenTexDave
November 12th, 2014, 9:31 PM
Better than having a grenade tossed in there with him. :)

Night Owl
November 12th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Saw, back in the 70s, a 2LT put in a locker and pushed out a second floor window. That was when we had to carry clubs to check out the barracks. He was messed up real bad. He walked into an open bay where a group of soldiers was smoking the funny weed. That was not a good time at Hood.

mac
November 13th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Saw, back in the 70s, a 2LT put in a locker and pushed out a second floor window. That was when we had to carry clubs to check out the barracks. He was messed up real bad. He walked into an open bay where a group of soldiers was smoking the funny weed. That was not a good time at Hood.

that was not a good time at Carson either. Imagine CP in the Squadron Area with BB Bats! Incredible.......mac

Night Owl
November 13th, 2014, 2:20 PM
I remember those days all to well. Not a good time for the Army. More crime on post than in Killeen.

Gramps
November 13th, 2014, 3:01 PM
In Germany back in those days, the other side liked to lace the funny weed with LSD. Made for some really nasty trips.