PDA

View Full Version : Are The Cowboys Ready to Self Destruct?

CenTexDave
November 9th, 2014, 10:53 AM
A couple of interesting things I read:
(1) 20 Cowboy players missed curfew on Friday night. The coaches are furious. Not taking Jacksonville seriously? Neither did Cleveland.
(2) Dez Bryant has been blowing his mouth off all year about a long term contract because "I'm the best". The Cowboys are scared of his off field behavior. ESPN did some checking - in the past few months the DeSoto PD (Bryant lives in DeSoto) have been called to his house 6 times. Nothing to get him charged with, except one incident they had to unlock his car because he locked himself out of the house and there was a child asleep in his car.
With Romo's back problems, this team is walking on thin ice.

sojourner truth
November 9th, 2014, 2:40 PM
Leave it to Jerry to hire the winners every time. Jones... The next Steinbrenner.....

CenTexDave
November 9th, 2014, 3:47 PM
After today's game I'd say they'd better sign Bryant to that big contract. :))

cnjbond
November 9th, 2014, 5:10 PM
I have NO idea why Romo was in that game as long as he was. If the Cowboys couldn't protect a 24-7 lead against the Jaguars without Romo, then they need to close down shop now, cause it's gonna be a looooong rest of the season for them.

CenTexDave
November 9th, 2014, 5:26 PM
He appeared fine to me, but then again, like everyone has said, he's about one more back injury away from social security disability payments.

cnjbond
November 9th, 2014, 5:39 PM
Yeah he looked good, but why keep him in there any longer than necessary when he's as banged up as he was? Garrett should've pulled Weedon to the side at halftime and said look here buddy, a wise man once said the NFL stands for "Not For Long" if you play as bad as you did the last game, you're gonna be looking for a new job (actually Jerry Glanville said the Not For Long to an official about his bad officiating, but you get my point).

CenTexDave
November 9th, 2014, 6:08 PM
I agree. All they had to do was hand off the ball to Murray or Randall.