PDA

View Full Version : Midway at Elliison, Thursday Night

CenTexDave
November 6th, 2014, 8:20 PM
Should be a massacre.

CenTexDave
November 6th, 2014, 8:25 PM
Ellison's band sounds pretty good though. Midway's too.
Halftime: Midway - 13 Ellison -0
Ellison giving them a battle.

CenTexDave
November 6th, 2014, 8:54 PM
22-0, Midway, quick score to start the 3rd.

CenTexDave
November 6th, 2014, 9:02 PM
Guess Midway's coach got on them good during halftime.
Midway-36, Ellison-0, 8 min left in 3rd

CenTexDave
November 6th, 2014, 9:23 PM
Y'all can read about it in the KDH. Is now 43-0, Midway, early 4th.

sojourner truth
November 6th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Like I said on another thread, it was pitiful. And Coach Gregory and his staff cost themselves about 60 yards in sideline penalties in the 3rd for not getting off the field... even after they were warned twice.

Half the team was gone due to academic inelligibility according to a teach friend I talked to... As were a bunch of the band members.

'Bout all I can say is we won 2 games more this year than in the past 4.

cnjbond
November 6th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Like I said on another thread, it was pitiful. And Coach Gregory and his staff cost themselves about 60 yards in sideline penalties in the 3rd for not getting off the field... even after they were warned twice.

Half the team was gone due to academic inelligibility according to a teach friend I talked to... As were a bunch of the band members.

'Bout all I can say is we won 2 games more this year than in the past 4.

That's sad when band members are lost to academic ineligibility...I thought we were called band geeks/nerds because we were smart!!! :)

sojourner truth
November 6th, 2014, 10:14 PM
I didn't even know it was possible until I was told that any UIL activity has the same academic standard.

I was glad to see old #9 (Christian Jackson) on the Eagles still out there. His Grandad and I are good friends.

CenTexDave
November 6th, 2014, 10:17 PM
That's a big 10-4, Vern. Pass or don't play/contribute.
I heard about those penalties on the radio. The announcers couldn't believe them.