xzochye
October 30th, 2014, 7:32 PM
You mean 7-7

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 7:36 PM
No, I now mean 14-7. :))

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 7:49 PM
78 yard Shoemaker TD run, 14-14. Shoemaker is the real deal and came to play.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 8:04 PM
17-14, Cove. Few second left in half.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 8:12 PM
20-14, Cove. Glad Cove has a good kicker this year. 41 and 32 yard field goals.
Halftime.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 9:05 PM
20-20, 3:52 left in 3rd. Momentum has shifted. Cove can't move it, and can't seem to stop Shoemaker.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 9:15 PM
Shoemaker drives down the field, Cove intercepts at the 3. :)
Now the Dawgs are moving it.
BULLDAWG TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, for once no flags.
Cove-26, Shoemaker-20. Wrong about flags - they throw one on the PAT and back the Dawgs up and they miss it. Never seen so many flags. Don't want to sound like a homer, but Joe Lombardi on the radio said whenever this particular ref crew does a Dawgs' game we can expect a zillion flags.
10:26 left in game.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 9:29 PM
Cove fumbles it away after moving it 50 yards. Don't know what is wrong with their QB this year. Last year he was great and was all-state. Way too many turnovers this year. Shoemaker driving and about 2:30 left.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 9:31 PM
1:00 to play and Shoemaker timeout. They have a 3rd and 7 at Cove's 23.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 9:33 PM
Wide open in the end zone and the receiver dropped the ball.
4th down desperation pass incomplete. OMG!!!!
Shoemaker has no time outs. Take a knee 2 straight plays and praise the Lord and get outta there!!!!! :)

xzochye
October 30th, 2014, 9:35 PM
Last play should have been a penalty against cove. Even the cove people sitting next to me said so. Grrrr was not a fairly won fight at all but that's ok.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 9:35 PM
Final score: Cove-26, Shoemaker-20. That was hard game for Shoemaker to lose. I hope they still win next week and get in the playoffs.
Sour grapes, as usual. Whenever this ref crew does a Cove game they throw a zillion flags against the Dawgs.
Better luck next year.

ethelm
October 30th, 2014, 10:21 PM
I was at the game and there were very few flags thrown. Refs let the boys play. Could have been a lot more lots of late hits. It was a great game Shoe doesn't need to hang their heads they played a good game

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 11:00 PM
I agree. Shoemaker has a good team.

stevendub
October 30th, 2014, 11:58 PM
One thing I noticed was whenever the Wolves took #50 out, the Dawgs had much more success running the ball. When he was in, not so much.

As for the flags, at first they seemed to lean in Cove's favor, then it evened out.

Hopefully Derrick Thomas will be alright, he's such a weapon for the Wolves.

sojourner truth
October 31st, 2014, 11:46 AM
When I saw them a few weeks ago, the Wolves had a great defense... I can only assume that they showed it last night.

Their offense isn't too shabby either. Cove is lucky they got a W this time. I think the Wolves are a new factor to be dealt with this next season.

CenTexDave
October 31st, 2014, 12:42 PM
I agree. That game last night could have gone either way, and Shoemaker had a chance there at the end.
Cove will be one and done again in the playoffs. Looks like they will draw Rockwall - undefeated and ranked in the Top 20. If by a stroke of luck they win that then will have Midway a bit further down the road. Shoemaker on the other hand will go "big school" and might make a good run in the playoffs.

sojourner truth
October 31st, 2014, 6:13 PM
I agree. That game last night could have gone either way, and Shoemaker had a chance there at the end.
Cove will be one and done again in the playoffs. Looks like they will draw Rockwall - undefeated and ranked in the Top 20. If by a stroke of luck they win that then will have Midway a bit further down the road. Shoemaker on the other hand will go "big school" and might make a good run in the playoffs.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Wolves go somewhere.. Be a nice break for them.

CenTexDave
October 31st, 2014, 7:46 PM
They'll be in the playoffs.