PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh Romo......

fchafey
October 27th, 2014, 9:50 PM
Looks like Tony has gotten hurt again. Not good. Dallas needs to figure out what to do the Mr. McCoy...

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Both McCoy and Weeden have impressed me.

fchafey
October 27th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Yes Sir, both good. I am watching 4th and 3 right now....

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2014, 10:42 PM
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fchafey
October 27th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Wow...............Tony just threw it up............and threw up throwing it up.........

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2014, 10:47 PM
They weren't able to protect him all night long.

fchafey
October 27th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I watched it from the 2nd quarter on and you are right, the Redskins schwacked him around pretty good. Still think the Saints/Seahawks are the ones to beat. The Cardinals Cowboys game will be very a good one I hope. The defense better protect Tony then.

cnjbond
October 27th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Dallas shot themselves in the foot. Murray was still getting decent amount of yards not sure why they abandoned the run. Romo should've stayed in the locker room after the injury...the guys got a lot of heart for wanting to go back in but Weedon was doing a good job, I mean shoot, Dez dropped a TD pass from him that lead to a FG.

The play calling that boggles my mind is during the OT after Dallas got the ball, Murray picks up a huge chunk on 1st down, so you try to throw it after that with a QB that's about 60% after getting hurt? Run the cotton picking BALL!!!!!!

Rant over, Weedon just might be a decent backup...not sure he's the answer to the being the future QB to replace Romo but the kid did pretty good. McCoy also looked good...I wonder if he's piqued the interest of other teams looking for a backup.

fchafey
October 27th, 2014, 11:06 PM
I am happy for McCoy too. I had to chuckle when I saw Coach Jones down there on the sidelines giving Tony a pep tal...I bet the amount the Team Docotr is getting paid will appease his anger at seeing Tony go back in the game.

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2014, 8:42 AM
Seriously - I don't understand why they just didn't leave Weeden in there. He was doing good. But it's Romo's team, so Romo says he's fine and in he goes. Liked his nice intentional grounding play, and that fumble was nice too. Luckily they recovered it or the game would have been over in regulation time.
Both Weeden and McCoy were on the Browns at the same time, and both basically - according to Browns' fans - sucked. Funny how now they seem pretty good on a different team and in a different system. :))

cnjbond
October 28th, 2014, 9:02 AM
Seriously - I don't understand why they just didn't leave Weeden in there. He was doing good. But it's Romo's team, so Romo says he's fine and in he goes. Liked his nice intentional grounding play, and that fumble was nice too. Luckily they recovered it or the game would have been over in regulation time.
Both Weeden and McCoy were on the Browns at the same time, and both basically - according to Browns' fans - sucked. Funny how now they seem pretty good on a different team and in a different system. :))

Romo almost ended the game twice before OT...the fumble and the reception by T. Williams where here he literally TOOK the ball out of the defenders hands.

Also the Boys defense looks like they did last year when the offense isn't out there eating up the clock running the ball. I guess the secret to beating the Boys is if you stop the run, you'll stop the defense!

sojourner truth
October 28th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Murrays ball dropping comedy, and Romos ineptitudes were paramount in last nights loss.

I have the distinct impression that Jerry went into the locker room and told Romo to get back out on the field...

Too bad. Weeden was doing a pretty good job. AND, he can actually maneuver in the backfield.

fchafey
October 28th, 2014, 8:27 PM
Just got up to come to work. Read where Garrett states that Jones didnt demand that Romo get back in hte game. amazing, fogot about the intentional grounding play. We will see how he gets protected this Sunday.

CenTexDave
October 29th, 2014, 6:55 PM
Maybe we won't. Had a CT scan/MRI on Tuesday morning and still haven't released the results of it.
Read a few minutes ago it will be a game time decision whether he plays or not. Weeden did fine against the Skins. They should have left him in there. Romo was more hurt than he let on, just the competitiveness in him wanting to return.
Also have read RG3 will play Sunday against the Vikings. I hope they haven't rushed him back. I'm sure the ankle is fine, but he hasn't taken a hit for the last 6+ weeks.

cnjbond
October 29th, 2014, 9:47 PM
Maybe we won't. Had a CT scan/MRI on Tuesday morning and still haven't released the results of it.
Read a few minutes ago it will be a game time decision whether he plays or not. Weeden did fine against the Skins. They should have left him in there. Romo was more hurt than he let on, just the competitiveness in him wanting to return.
Also have read RG3 will play Sunday against the Vikings. I hope they haven't rushed him back. I'm sure the ankle is fine, but he hasn't taken a hit for the last 6+ weeks.

If there's anyone in the NFL that should NOT rush back to play, it's RGIII. I think it would do his body a lot of good to just sit the rest of the year!

fchafey
October 29th, 2014, 9:55 PM
RGIII is one hit away from being a permanent Subway endorser. That injury he took the year before last has made him a porcleain doll. I hope he gets back to form, but I doubt it. Romo on the other hand will play, because if there is one person that can tell Jerry what he wants to do it is Romo. The Cardinals defense is no joke this year, they werent last year either going 10-6 and if the Offensive line cant protect Tony, he is done.

cnjbond
October 30th, 2014, 4:07 PM
Dallas should probably go with a mass protect offensive set and play some good 'ol smash mouth football! Throw in a couple of screens and draw plays to slow the defense down and they might just come away with another win...

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 5:45 PM
We'll see if that defense is all it is cracked to be, or if they haven't been giving up a lot of points because Dallas' offense has been having a spectacular year on the ground and keeping the opponent's O on the bench.

Rick
November 2nd, 2014, 9:50 AM
ESPN says Romo is out for today's game against the Cardinals.

CenTexDave
November 2nd, 2014, 10:05 AM
Now we'll see if Weeden really is as good as he showed last week, or whether he is as bad as Cleveland learned him to be. I think probably a little of both.

CenTexDave
November 2nd, 2014, 11:17 AM
RGIII is one hit away from being a permanent Subway endorser. That injury he took the year before last has made him a porcleain doll. I hope he gets back to form, but I doubt it. Romo on the other hand will play, because if there is one person that can tell Jerry what he wants to do it is Romo. The Cardinals defense is no joke this year, they werent last year either going 10-6 and if the Offensive line cant protect Tony, he is done.

This RGIII thing is nuts. There is a lot of speculation the Skins' head coach was told by the owner to play him. I hope that is not true. I really think this kid should sit this week out. They have a bye next week, which means he could have two more weeks to further heal that ankle. That he is about one further injury away from early medical retirement is true. Remember his second year at Baylor and that torn ACL. He came back the following year but wasn't really the same, and the same thing with his NFL career. He will heal, but it takes time.
He was exciting in his rookie year, but these running QBs in the NFL are short lived.
I just hope a lot of his initial rookie contract was guaranteed money, because I don't think he's gonna be around to sign an extension or second contract.

CenTexDave
November 2nd, 2014, 3:14 PM
Now Cowboy fans starting to understand why the Browns unloaded Weeden? The Cardinals pass defense is ranked #32. After today the should move into the top 20. :))

Night Owl
November 2nd, 2014, 4:02 PM
Weeden is NOT a backup quarterback. He proved that today. He proved he wasn't a starter in Cleveland with a 5-15 record as their starter. So if he isn't a starter and isn't a backup then why the heck is he in the NFL.

Dallas should have drafted a QB a couple of years ago and had them learning the offense. But we know the so called GM knows better than anyone else.

The offense put up an Amazing 7 points and that was during the last minute of the game. Way to go Jerry, good flippin' move.

Bring back Romo.

CenTexDave
November 2nd, 2014, 4:32 PM
Or bring back Orton. :))

sojourner truth
November 2nd, 2014, 6:02 PM
Well, everyone knows that Jerry would never hire anyone who could come close to being as good as Romo... Which isn't very good.

I am also beginning to believe that if Romo died, he'd drag his corpse out on to the field.

I get so confused and frustrated at Dallas' inability to hire good help, or let bad players go. I see that Josh Brent even got resigned after drinking, driving, and killing his buddy.

I don't know what they use for brains up there, but it sure ain't gray matter.

CenTexDave
November 2nd, 2014, 6:20 PM
They were still in it, yet Murray is on the bench and Dunbar is out there. I agree Dunbar is probably a more dangerous receiver, but the Cardinals were just sitting back and waiting for Weeden to uncork another floater. At least make it look like you may run the ball.

cnjbond
November 2nd, 2014, 6:38 PM
I don't think I've seen a QB play that bad in a long time. I guess he needs to be thrown into a game without practice to limit him over thinking the plays because the guy that stepped in last week with very little practice to the guy that was out there today with a week of practice looked like two different bubbas! He was terrible but the sad thing is Dallas might be better off letting him start another game and keeping Romo on the bench to rest up over these next two weeks than having him go out and possibly getting injured and lost for the rest of the season.

CenTexDave
November 2nd, 2014, 7:37 PM
Dallas gets the dubious honor of playing next week in London. I'd leave Romo home and let him rest his back. A 10 flight surely isn't going to help his back.
P.S. - I don't know who the #3 QB is, but I'd make sure he got plenty of reps this week in practice. :)

fchafey
November 2nd, 2014, 8:29 PM
I just read that if they left Romo home he would have almost a month to heal with the bye week coming up after. Of course Jerry will drag him over there to play the 1-8 Jaguars. Genius true genius...

CenTexDave
November 2nd, 2014, 8:47 PM
Longs flights on airplanes can be very uncomfortable, as I'm sure you are well aware. Over and back, and his back is not gonna like it.
His injury sounds like what Baylor's Bryce Petty had earlier this season. Definitely needs more than one week off.
And RG3's return did not result in a win, and he was unmercifully pressured all day, but he played pretty well. That last pass of his sucked though.

fchafey
November 2nd, 2014, 8:58 PM
Agree, I just wish the Cowboy's wouldnt do stupid stuff. I would understnd it if they werent that good but the potential is there. It ruly is a clown show.At least with Steinbrenner he would cut the non preformers in a heart beat and buy the players that either did well or hurt the Yankees the previous season.

CenTexDave
November 2nd, 2014, 9:33 PM
That defense is not proving to be so great after all. The running game is not working like it was before, so the defense can't sit on the bench very long. And with Weeden showing his true colors today, the Boys will be desperate to bring Romo back too early. Jacksonville isn't much, but they are competitive and at least in the games Romo could be one sack away from the end of his career

fchafey
November 2nd, 2014, 9:44 PM
The Cardinals who are no joke, knew Dallas would have to run the ball. They held Murray to 79 yards and just waited for Weeden. I read the recap as the game came on here at 2230. Wasnt staying up for that. The Eagles won today with Mark Sanchez, go figure and how in the world did Miami shut out San Diego? The Giants will get a dose of Andrew Luck and the Colts tomorrow night and they wont fair much better. I still think the Saints are dangerous as well as Seattle. Be interesting to see who gets to stay home for the playoffs.

CenTexDave
November 2nd, 2014, 10:13 PM
The 49'ers will be staying home. The Rams beat them. :))
Pittsburgh is sticking it to Baltimore now, 28-10 in the 4th. I guess that blowout loss to the Browns woke them up. :)

cnjbond
November 2nd, 2014, 10:48 PM
I wish Dallas could play all of their games away from home seeing that all 3 of their losses have come at home.