PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights, 10/24

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 7:45 PM
post your scores please
Cove took the opening kickoff and went 73 yards in 7 plays, 7-0 Cove over Heights.

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 7:48 PM
Killeen - 7, Midway - 7 :-0

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 7:51 PM
Cove-14 , Heights - 0 4:56 left in first :)

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 8:02 PM
Cove-21, Heights-0 late first quarter

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 8:05 PM
First quarter now finished, 21-0, Cove.
Midway-14, Killeen-7. Go Roos. End of 1st.

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 8:12 PM
28-0, Cove. Getting ugly.

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 8:20 PM
Midway and Killeen all tied up at 14. :)

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 8:39 PM
Halftime. Cove-28, Heights-0
Last I heard it was Midway-28, Killeen-14

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 9:25 PM
35-0, Cove, 4:59 to go in 3rd quarter.
Wish I had the email address of that moron sports writer for the KDH who picked Heights to win. :))

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 9:45 PM
End of third, 35-0 Cove.

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 9:56 PM
Senior Night, so Cove is subing. Harris is done.
Some kid I never heard of just took it 73 yards!!!!
Dawgs-41, Heights-0. Subbed for the kicker too. :))

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 10:04 PM
41-7, Cove.

Wolfdawg
October 24th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Speaking of Senior Night and kickers, tomorrow will be Chris Barrick's Senior game at PV. He is currently tied for #1 scorer in the SWAC with 59 points for the season and has scored almost 270 points during his college career. Three games left and then who knows? Cove knows how to produce athletes that can compete.

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Final, 41-7, Cove. 1th consecutive year for the playoffs.

sojourner truth
October 25th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Jarrell cougars win again.... Coach will be struttin' in church tomorrow.

corgifan
October 26th, 2014, 1:59 PM
After my first visit to Cove High School's football stadium I have to say that it's obvious that an illustrious, multi-gazillion dollar facility isn't required to field a good team. Not a dump, but bare bones, crusty, and old. No parking. Low seating even on the home side. Dinky press box. But the fans love it, so keep up the good work on the field, boys.

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2014, 2:11 PM
No parking? There's plenty of parking on both home and visitor's side. But when I used to go to the games I'd get there early and park down a side street or at CCJHS teacher's lot.
Dinky press box? Not as huge as at Leo Buckley, but then we don't play host to the usual conglomerate of AP and ESPN sports writers on Friday night. :) It does have an elevator - mainly so Big Joe Lombardi won't have to walk up the stairs to the broadcaster's booth. :))
Yeah, it is old. It has been there forever. Was upgraded about 15 years ago - you should have seen it before that!!! And that scoreboard was the first big scoreboard in the area. They paid a small fortune for it, and from what I understand it needs replacement now. Go figure!!

JohnKilleen
October 27th, 2014, 5:08 PM
Cove stadium is a good place to see a game....unless you are the opposing team from Killeen of course. I would perfer the stadiums we have in central Texas to the mega stadiums of Allen, etc...... actually the best time Ive had seeing games have been at Lampasas and at Richland Springs.

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2014, 6:40 PM
I've been to Lampasas Stadium and liked it. Seems the smaller the stadium the better the view.
I like Leo Buckley too. Sat on the home side once in the plush seats when Cove had a playoff game there. Don't care for the visitor side all that much.
Round Rock's Crystal Palace and Waco Stadium are great. Not too big, but Waco on the visitor side has a blind spot if you are sitting in the second tier on up. Can't see the action on the sideline in front of you.

JohnKilleen
October 27th, 2014, 8:20 PM
Going to Buckley since it was originally opened, I could never get used to sitting on the visitor side. For many years we had the same reserved seats. I do recall going to see Cove and KHS play in the late 70's or so when Cove stadium was bad. It has really improved and I do enjoy it. Waco is nice and was much needed; Paul Tyson field was horrible. I would like to see some area hs teams maybe play a few non district games at UMHB.

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2014, 9:05 PM
Might be a good venue for a playoff game or two, but with the Cru doing as good as they are their stadium will probably be busy for the following few weeks.