PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to a New Advertiser

Rick
May 31st, 2009, 8:06 PM
Texas Weight Loss Center has come aboard to advertise with us.

And I am a new customer of theirs'. Wish me luck.

Texas Immigrant
May 31st, 2009, 8:29 PM
I plan on signing up with them too! Let me know how it goes.

Rick
May 31st, 2009, 8:35 PM
Started Thursday, cautiously optimistic, so far so good.

CenTexDave
June 1st, 2009, 7:34 AM
If you lose some of that weight you can start drinking beer again!! :):glug:

Rick
June 1st, 2009, 7:36 AM
Beer has protien...and carbs. Whiskey has zero carbs. Wine is very low in carbs. I think the best thing to be learned and practiced, is moderation.

Voice-of-Reason
June 1st, 2009, 7:51 AM
I find that beer (or any other vice) is only enjoyable in moderation. The idea is that, if you have it all the time, it's not special anymore. I look forward to the occasional ice cold brew. But everyday? No thanks.

Good luck, Rick! I need to lose 20 pounds myself, but I will use the good ole will power and self constraint technique. I figure, if I can quit smoking cold turkey, I can eat less junk without too much drama.

THEMEANOGRE
June 1st, 2009, 7:53 AM
Vodka, if properly made, should be loaded with potassium.

skipster
June 1st, 2009, 9:02 AM
Hey keep us posted on how it is going I have thought about trying them.

Rick
June 1st, 2009, 9:07 AM
Good luck, Rick! I need to lose 20 pounds myself, but I will use the good ole will power and self constraint technique. I figure, if I can quit smoking cold turkey, I can eat less junk without too much drama.
When it came to smoking, I quit in 1995, but with help from the patch. I could never have done it without help so my philosophy is, "quitting is quitting."

So if this program helps me do what I need to do, then so be it, it'll be done.

Hey keep us posted on how it is going I have thought about trying them.
Will do!

Voice-of-Reason
June 1st, 2009, 10:24 AM
I tried the nicotine gum prior to cold turkey. They went great with a smoke, much like Slim Fast, which is excellent paired with a Ribeye and fully loaded Mash :))

Rick
June 1st, 2009, 10:27 AM
:bluerofl

I know the feeling!!!

kantwin
June 1st, 2009, 6:30 PM
I had to use the patch 3 times over about 10 years before I stopped.
Even had a couple of cold turkey tries in there.
Finally stopped 5 1/2 years ago. I say stopped because quitting is forever. I'll be able to say I quit smoking the day I die.
As for weight loss, exercise and a change of diet and I've dropped 20 pounds since the new year. Run 5K almost every day.
If I could only get rid of the constant cravings for those strawberry Twizzlers. . . They're evil, I tell you.

MyFoot76541
June 2nd, 2009, 6:41 PM
I quit smoking cold turkey in 2005, and have recently lost almost 20 lbs by eating less and healthy. But i will read the comments on the weight loss center gladly, in case I need reinforcement. Got a long ways to go yet.

Scarlett
June 4th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I would like to welcome our two newest advertisers!
Thai Thai restaurant got such rave reviews from us, they decided to buy ad space! I would like to say that, on a personal note, I still highly recommend them! Mmmmmm.... They are located near Hallmark. Click on their ad to find their menu!

And our math tutor has bought an ad as well. If you know anyone who needs help with their math skills, pass his number along!

Thank you to all who have helped us find new advertisers.

cityboy
June 4th, 2009, 1:35 PM
Reminds me of the guy who said he was trying to eat healthier and so had started using Eggbeaters, instead of real eggs: "They're not too bad, if you cook 'em with a half-pound of bacon!"

Rick
June 4th, 2009, 8:58 PM
I met with Joy this afternoon and she is very happy to see the comments here. She could not believe that someone actually mentioned her. (If you ever feel down, go spend a minute with her, she is the most enthusiastic person I have ever met and she will bring you out of the cloud you are under.)

She asked me if it will be possible to post a coupon for you all to print out and bring in for a discount of some kind. I of course said..."Send it to me, I'll upload it!!!!" She said she wasn't done with it, but she is working on it.

She also said that yesterday, she had two tables of customers who said that they saw the review by Bill King, so they decided to try it.

When we started this, we had hoped that this venture would produce good things for the community, you continue to do just that.

Good times!!!

Texas Immigrant
June 13th, 2009, 6:22 AM
I keep looking for the coupon. Hopefully, she'll be done with it soon!

Rick
June 13th, 2009, 8:02 AM
Damn, I forgot to ask about that the other day.

kryptickancer
June 14th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Im ready to go try THair Thai. Payday is Monday... MMMMM MMM ;)

Sapphirelover
June 14th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Did Texas Weight Loss a little over a year ago. Lost about 15 lbs in a fairly short time. I was sooooo happy!! Then I got cocky and gained it all back.
I am very disappointed in myself. I have gone back to TWL and tried again. It's not working the second time as it did the first . don't know if it is attitude, or lack of, or what. But man, I looked DAMNED GOOD for about a year!! I guess back to the drawing board for me! :((:banghead

Scarlett
June 14th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I finally tried Thai Thai this past week with Rick and another forum gal...(HI STORMY!)

It was...YUMMY!!!

Rick
June 14th, 2009, 3:35 PM
Good food, good times, even though Stormy tried to get out of it by claiming that she had to work...But we know better...:)) :bluerofl

stormy
June 17th, 2009, 8:37 AM
WHAT?? haha...well, SOME of us are NOT on vacation....hehehehe! (Although I absolutely should be and am jealous that you two are!) :)

Rick
June 17th, 2009, 8:58 AM
I'm not on vacation now. :((

Night Owl
June 17th, 2009, 9:06 AM
You just got back from vacation!!!!

stormy
June 17th, 2009, 6:12 PM
I'm not on vacation now. :((

What I'd like to know is if your smiley is crying a sad cry, or is it a happy cry?? :rolleyes

Rick
June 17th, 2009, 6:17 PM
Both. I needed a vacation from the vacation.