PDA

View Full Version : A&M - Miss State

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 11:54 AM
MSU-14, A&M-7. WTF!!!!!!!!

sojourner truth
October 4th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Maybe they have some of that bird flu from the ducks.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 12:30 PM
BYU lost last night also.
28-7 now. A&M can't stop the run.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 12:56 PM
28-10 at the half. You could almost see this coming. Arkansas ran all over them last week.
Meanwhile, in College Park, Maryland it's Ohio State-31, Maryland-10 at the half. Welcome to the Big Ten!! :)

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 1:29 PM
Meanwhile, OSU's 2nd string QB has passed for another four TD's, 38-10, Buckeyes. Ho hum!! :)

Agent X
October 4th, 2014, 1:58 PM
Aggies have been punched in the teeth. Football is still blocking, tackling and playing catch. MSU just too physical for my Aggies!

Night Owl
October 4th, 2014, 2:18 PM
MS ST 48 TX A&M 17. :))

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!! GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!

The Devil made me do it.

kantwin
October 4th, 2014, 2:21 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if A&M stayed in the top 15, as screwed up as the polls are.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 2:26 PM
Ohio State is killing Maryland - 52-24, and that includes subs playing the 4th quarter and trying to punch it in with them twice but to no go.
J.T. Barrett (Wichita Falls Rider HS), freshman QB who was called upon to replace Braxton Miller, has another outstanding game:
18-23, 268 yards, 4 TD's, 16 rushes, 71 yds, 1TD.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 2:31 PM
Now we will see if Baylor can keep it going. Tune in local ABC, channel 25.

Night Owl
October 4th, 2014, 2:34 PM
Well A&M scored a late TD. MS State left for the locker room 3 plays ago. History repeating itself.:))

Night Owl
October 4th, 2014, 2:40 PM
And they score another late TD. MISS STATE 48 A&M 31
i heard there is discussion in the Ms Stae locker room to send their 4th team defense back out.:))

cnjbond
October 4th, 2014, 3:10 PM
That was U.G.L.Y!!! Well, the Aggies have been exposed...keep the offense out of sync early and you have them stopped for pretty much the entire game. And the defensive side of the ball....yeah, not much has changed from last year. Sumlin's is going to have to get some beef on the defensive side of the ball to hang in the SEC.

OUCH!!!!!

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 3:42 PM
And Baylor doesn't look all that good against Texas.

Rick
October 4th, 2014, 5:26 PM
Might need to hide Night Owl's shoelaces after that last Baylor drive. 21-0

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 5:28 PM
Still not impressed. Not so easy to score 60 against a half decent team.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 5:48 PM
Other close games of note:
TCU - 37. Zero U - 33 4th
Northwestern - 20, Wisconsin-14 late 4th
Bama - 17, Miss - 10 about 6 min left

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 5:54 PM
Bama and Ole Miss now tied at 17.
Northwestern has defeated Wisconsin, 20-14
Stanford up on Notre Dame, 14-10, 3 min remaining

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 5:59 PM
Miss has scored and leads Alabama, 23-17. Ole Miss blew the PAT. Could cost them. A little under 3 mins to go.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 6:01 PM
Damn Notre Dame scored on a 4th and 22 with one minute to go.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 6:12 PM
Ole Miss has defeated Alabama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Notre Dame pulled it out of their Irish butts and won.

THE TIDE GOT ROLLED!!

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 6:17 PM
TCU stops OU on a 4th and 1 from the Frog's 20. 3:20 left in game.

sojourner truth
October 4th, 2014, 6:21 PM
We are so used to seeing the bears run up 60 plus points every game, when they win by only, say, 20 or so we think they have gone to hell in a handbasket.

I'm sure Bryles thinks it wasn't as good as it should have been too. Their Defense was not nearly as sharp as before.

But, it is in the W column.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 6:22 PM
OU has the ball back but no timeouts left, :38 to go.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 6:25 PM
TCU WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The #2, 3, 4 and 6th ranked teams go down to defeat!!!!!!!!!!!

kantwin
October 4th, 2014, 6:43 PM
Lots of folks said this was going to be the weekend that mixes things up.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 7:05 PM
Yep. Wish someone would beat Florida State. :)

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 7:23 PM
Auburn is way up on LSU - 24-7. Mich State and Nebraska just started.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 8:03 PM
Arizona State is up on So Cal, 15-14.
And poor LauraA - her Cornhuskers are starting to get stomped by Mich State.

cnjbond
October 4th, 2014, 8:16 PM
I told y'all this was going to be a good weekend for College Football...just wish the outcome of the Aggie game could've been a little different. :)

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 8:23 PM
A&M can still be a major player in the SEC West. But gonna have to tighten up that defense.

cnjbond
October 4th, 2014, 8:54 PM
They need to get back to the old days of the Wrecking Crew and start going after some bigger boys that like to HIT!

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 9:58 PM
Michigan State is all over Nebraska now. 27-3, but that doesn't even tell of the domination. I didn't watch the Oregon-Mich St game, but I do know they were winning at the half. They must have fallen apart in the second half. Sure look strong tonight.
Oh, and Michigan lost again!!! :) This time to Rutgers!! :))

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 10:13 PM
And Arizona State upset So Cal, 38-34. :)):)):))

Night Owl
October 4th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Arizona State won on last play of the game. They threw and hail Mary and made it. Great play.

Nebraska is coming back. Score 27-22 with 3:22 left in the game. Kicking off to to Mich State. Mich State recovered. Neb has no timeouts.

CenTexDave
October 4th, 2014, 11:11 PM
And Nebraska tosses an INT. Almost a huge comeback. But almost only counts in nukes and horseshoes. :)

CenTexDave
October 5th, 2014, 7:16 AM
And in a late game, #8 UCLA goes down to Utah, 30-28 or some such score.
What a wild weekend in college football. The numbers 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 ranked teams lost.
It will sure jumble the rankings. Unfortunately, Florida State will now be a secure #1, probably followed by Auburn, Baylor, Notre Dame.
The big question is how far down will those that lost yesterday fall. I would think Ole Miss should jump up to number 5 or 6, same with Miss State. Michigan State, who was #10, looked good except for the final quarter and then had to hang on to get by Nebraska. I think Notre Dame is a pretender, just as they were a couple of years ago when they somehow got to the BCS Championship Game and we all saw what happened then - Alabama blew them off the field.

CenTexDave
October 5th, 2014, 9:51 AM
They need to get back to the old days of the Wrecking Crew and start going after some bigger boys that like to HIT!

These spread offenses are just difficult to defend against these days. A&M is like a lot of teams now - just try to score 50 and should be enough to win. When you run into a team that can cause a couple of defensive stops and turnovers, it usually decides the game.

CenTexDave
October 5th, 2014, 10:10 AM
The madness will continue next Saturday as:
Auburn and Miss State will battle it out, Ole Miss goes to A&M, ad TCU goes to Baylor.
Can anyone knock off Auburn, or are we doomed for a championship game repeat of last year?

kantwin
October 5th, 2014, 10:34 AM
The madness will continue next Saturday as: Auburn and Miss State will battle it out, Ole Miss goes to A&M, ad TCU goes to Baylor. Can anyone knock off Auburn, or are we doomed for a championship game repeat of last year?
In your opinion, when was the last GOOD championship game?

CenTexDave
October 5th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Last year's was good, and Auburn over Oregon a couple of years earlier was good.
While I like lots of scoring, I don't wanna see a blowout like what Bama did to Notre Dame. It was obvious Notre Dame did not belong there.

LauraA
October 5th, 2014, 5:25 PM
Aggies have been punched in the teeth. Football is still blocking, tackling and playing catch. MSU just too physical for my Aggies!

I have to say, last week I thought jumping from unrated to 14th because they defeated LSU was undeserved, but after seeing them beat A&M, I am starting to get impressed with this team.

LauraA
October 5th, 2014, 5:35 PM
And in a late game, #8 UCLA goes down to Utah, 30-28 or some such score.
What a wild weekend in college football. The numbers 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 ranked teams lost.
It will sure jumble the rankings. Unfortunately, Florida State will now be a secure #1, probably followed by Auburn, Baylor, Notre Dame.
The big question is how far down will those that lost yesterday fall. I would think Ole Miss should jump up to number 5 or 6, same with Miss State. Michigan State, who was #10, looked good except for the final quarter and then had to hang on to get by Nebraska. I think Notre Dame is a pretender, just as they were a couple of years ago when they somehow got to the BCS Championship Game and we all saw what happened then - Alabama blew them off the field.
I agree that I think Mississippi St. will jump into the top ten. They have two impressive victories against tough teams. I wasn't that impressed with Baylor against Texas, but as they are undefeated, I have to agree with your assessment of them probably coming in at #3. Is it wrong to say I LOVE that Oklahoma lost? You know, I always feel Oklahoma St. is always underrated because they are in Oklahoma's shadow. Nebraska lost :( but they did make quite the comeback against a very good Michigan St. team. The Big Ten is a tough conference. We have to root for Notre Dame in this household because my father-in-law graduated from there. I think the are overrated. (Shh, don't tell my husband, lol.)
The crappy thing is the only games I caught were the late games and highlights because it was Yom Kippur. Sandy Koufax will always remain my hero for refusing to play on Yom Kippur. On the upside, I am all atoned, lol.

birdfriend
October 5th, 2014, 6:17 PM
NCAA football rankings have been posted and both Ole Miss and Mississippi State are in the top 10, and one poll has them tied at #3 with Florida State #! and Auburn #2. Should be some exciting football games in the coming weeks.

CenTexDave
October 5th, 2014, 7:50 PM
Damn - she and I agree for once. I think both Baylor and ND are over rated, but as long as they keep winning you move up. Lost once and you drop. Lose twice and you drop out.

kantwin
October 5th, 2014, 9:28 PM
And like I said, A&M is still in the top 15. And Oregon should be further down - having lost to an unranked team.

CenTexDave
October 5th, 2014, 10:00 PM
I agree, but Oregon is one of the media darlings. It'll all be sorted out soon with Auburn playing Miss St this weekend, and A&UM and Ole Miss battling it out and TCU goes to Baylor. Florida State goes to Notre Dame in a couple of weeks. As much as I don't like either of them, one will be knocked out of it.

cnjbond
October 6th, 2014, 7:19 AM
A&M needs that bye week to hurry up and get here so they can rest up some of those guys on defense and regroup. And Lord have mercy those receivers need to work with the Jugs machine for about 3hrs after each practice!!!

LauraA
October 6th, 2014, 6:56 PM
I just want to know where the love for Louisville is? What do they have to do to be ranked?? They are in the ACC because they are mainly a basketball school, but they have had some good teams of late. They went to the BCS Sugar Bowl and won two years ago.

CenTexDave
October 6th, 2014, 7:05 PM
I don't know. They are 5 - 1, a win over Miami, the loss to Virginia. Three hard games coming up against Clemson, NC State, Florida State and then later on Notre Dame. Would love to see them knock off Florida State or Notre Dame, or both.