PDA

View Full Version : Bridgewater vs Manziel

LauraA
October 1st, 2014, 3:58 PM
Ok, I am talking this moment to brag about one of my alma mater's alumni. Teddy Bridgewater, from Louisville who was drafted last year by the Seahawks is doing good things in Seattle. Meanwhile, Manziel has the time to fly home and wave from the sidelines at A & M games. I would like to point out that Charlie Strong coached Bridgewater at Louisville.

Night Owl
October 1st, 2014, 4:08 PM
Gee and I thought Bridgewater was drafted and is playing for the Minnesota Viking. Is Seattle in Minnesota now? When the hell did that happen? That's a big city to move.

CenTexDave
October 1st, 2014, 4:16 PM
Bridgewater is playing pretty good for the Vikings. So is Blake Bortles for Jacksonville.
All Manziel has done of note is some trick play where he caught a pass - ran about 40 yards but it was called back due to penalty. I said when they drafted him it was a wasted draft pick and still think it is. The Browns have had something like 20 different starting QB's since they came back in the league in 1999. None have been worth a damn.
As long as Cleveland's current QB, Brian Hoyer, is playing ok, and they are competitive, Mr. Manziel will park his heiner on the recliner on the sidelines. Can't learn much that way, but he didn't show them enough in pre-season to warrant being the starter.

Rick
October 1st, 2014, 5:20 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000403505/article/teddy-bridgewater-ankle-misses-practice-for-vikings

Teddy Bridgewater sat out his second straight practice as the Minnesota Vikings prepare to face the Green Bay Packers on a short week.

Sounds like he's perfect.

I doubt if this will upset Seattle. :rolleyes

Someone should tell Laura that Cleveland had a bye this week, so Manziel probably had time to go to a game and wave at the crowd. A lot of players do non football things when they have time off.

CenTexDave
October 1st, 2014, 6:18 PM
Bridgewater is doubtful for the Packers.

sfotw
October 1st, 2014, 6:58 PM
If it weren't for bad luck, the Vikings would have no luck at all.
They stole Bridgewater in the draft and let the browns take Manziel.
Bridgewater looked fantastic in the pre-season but they went with Matt Cassel the veteran to let Bridgewater learn the ropes.
Cassel gets a season ending injury.
Vikings lose their best player on the team and possibly the best running back in the NFL.
Bridgewater gets the start and has the best rookie start in Vikings history. Along with the backup running back having a career game.
Bridgewater gets injured.

Gonna be another "rebuilding year"

CenTexDave
October 1st, 2014, 8:51 PM
Is it just me, or do these injuries seem to be increasing year after year after year.
I grew up near Cleveland. Used to watch Jim Brown and the Browns. Jim Brown played only 9 years, retired in his prime. He never missed a game due to injury. These guys today are a bunch of whusses. "Oh dear, I have turf toe!!". "I broke my fingernail!!" Butkus used to play with a broken hand and fingers and no cast.

LauraA
October 2nd, 2014, 4:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000403505/article/teddy-bridgewater-ankle-misses-practice-for-vikings

Sounds like he's perfect.

I doubt if this will upset Seattle. :rolleyes

Someone should tell Laura that Cleveland had a bye this week, so Manziel probably had time to go to a game and wave at the crowd. A lot of players do non football things when they have time off.

You are right, it is Minnesota. Chalk it up to exhaustion. I will be so called when Nov. 4th is here. Yes, I know what bye weeks are, but considering that he left after his sophomore year and isn't doing too much in the pros, I think his coming back to A&M for fan adulation is just an ego stroke for him. He needs to be focusing on working hard in the NFL or the A&M adulation will be all he gets and only last until someone better comes along. Just my two cents.

kantwin
October 2nd, 2014, 4:20 PM
Is it just me, or do these injuries seem to be increasing year after year after year.
I grew up near Cleveland. Used to watch Jim Brown and the Browns. Jim Brown played only 9 years, retired in his prime. He never missed a game due to injury. These guys today are a bunch of whusses. "Oh dear, I have turf toe!!". "I broke my fingernail!!" Butkus used to play with a broken hand and fingers and no cast.
Favre played with a broken thumb. You know, the digit on your hand that wraps around the the other side of the ball from your other fingers. A digit that is necessary to grip the ball, you know, to throw it.

CenTexDave
October 2nd, 2014, 4:38 PM
Was that the game he tossed the interception to Michael Strahan and knocked them out of the playoffs??? :)

kantwin
October 2nd, 2014, 5:26 PM
Was that the game he tossed the interception to Michael Strahan and knocked them out of the playoffs??? :) October of 2003, against St Louis.

CenTexDave
October 2nd, 2014, 6:11 PM
That was 11 years ago. Not like now. And I realize these teams have huge sums of money invested in some of these players and don't want them to risk ending their careers, but I think too many of them just whimp out.

Rick
October 2nd, 2014, 6:35 PM
You are right, it is Minnesota. Chalk it up to exhaustion. I will be so called when Nov. 4th is here. Yes, I know what bye weeks are, but considering that he left after his sophomore year and isn't doing too much in the pros, I think his coming back to A&M for fan adulation is just an ego stroke for him. He needs to be focusing on working hard in the NFL or the A&M adulation will be all he gets and only last until someone better comes along. Just my two cents.

I'm guessing you know a person who has a second cousin whose brother knows the parent of a woman whose neighbor has a nephew whose brother played for a USFL team and that qualifies you to determine what a NFL player needs to do.

The people paying him seem to be fine with him attending college games on an off week, so why should it bother you?

And I agree, you are tired.

cnjbond
October 2nd, 2014, 11:09 PM
I'm guessing you know a person who has a second cousin whose brother knows the parent of a woman whose neighbor has a nephew whose brother played for a USFL team and that qualifies you to determine what a NFL player needs to do.

The people paying him seem to be fine with him attending college games on an off week, so why should it bother you?

And I agree, you are tired.

Oh come on now, you're being too hard on her...if those are the prerequisites, then none of us would be able to comment on sports! ;)

Rick
October 3rd, 2014, 7:35 AM
Tough! That's the standard now! :bluerofl