PDA

View Full Version : How bout Dem Aggies...WHOOP!!!

cnjbond
September 28th, 2014, 5:01 PM
What a game, what a game!! I had to go back on a promise that I made to myself and that was that I would NEVER buy a ticket or merchandise that could in any shape form or fashion, benefit Jerry Jones. Unfortunately that joker is a great marketer and has the Aggies playing Arkansas every year in Jerry's world so since the Corps was up there this weekend marching in downtown FT Worth, I figured I might as well stay for the game afterwards since the Corps received "free" tickets to the game thereby making it mandatory for them.

Now, having said that, what a game!!! I was surprised to see that it was nearly packed...both teams travel well with their fans. We were taking a beating from the hog fans for pretty much the entire game but you should've seen the shock and awe on their faces as A&M mounted their comeback. They went from teasing us (which included playing songs during A&M's yells to drown us out) to standing in utter silence and disbelief. It was beautiful!!! No matter how bad things were looking for A&M, I didn't see a SINGLE fan getting upset or angry at any of the hog fans as they kept taunting us...that is a sign of a class act organization! At the end of the game we gave Arkansas a little of their own medicine and showed them the gig 'em sign and yelled "WHOOP" about a zillion times, they returned our show of admiration with the "birdy" and quite a few expletives. I figured there had been too much alcohol consumed to continue so I made a bee-line to the exits!

A&M is going to have to fix that defense to beat Bama or LSU and that offense has got to start clicking like they did against SC, they looked out of sync for the first 3 qtrs.

CenTexDave
September 28th, 2014, 5:20 PM
How about getting on your hands and knees and giving thanks. Arkansas ran all over them.
And SC has proven they aren't the powerhouse they were thought to be in the preseason polls. They lost again yesterday.
All that said, at least beat LSU please. I hate that team and that coach is a pompous buffoon.

kantwin
September 28th, 2014, 6:57 PM
How 'bout dem Aggies almost got their shorts handed to 'em.

CenTexDave
September 28th, 2014, 7:23 PM
So did Florida State. I was hoping. :)

kantwin
September 28th, 2014, 7:51 PM
So did Florida State. I was hoping. :)
You and me both.
Took until less than 3 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter before FSU had the lead.

cnjbond
September 28th, 2014, 10:48 PM
How 'bout dem Aggies almost got their shorts handed to 'em.

I think Arkansas has been underrated so far this year, they're a pretty tough squad.

Night Owl
September 28th, 2014, 11:41 PM
Did they play this weekend? I keep remembering the OLD joke about the Aggies playing Texas. The Longhorns thought the half was over with about 2 minutes left on the clock and so they went to the locker room. 3 plays later the Aggies had to punt.:))

CenTexDave
September 29th, 2014, 9:57 AM
Must have been an oldie you had. Not likely to happen lately. :)
And Texas should be ashamed of themselves - shut out Kansas on Saturday, 26-0, so Kansas got pissed and fired Charley Weiss. :))

LauraA
September 29th, 2014, 2:23 PM
Nebraska beat Illinois and is currently the only unbeaten team in the Big Ten, yet we are only #14.
I was surprised that A&M pulled it out because Arkansas pretty much owned that game. Surprised to see they didn't drop in the polls.

cnjbond
September 29th, 2014, 2:40 PM
I thought they were going to drop as well but I think the pollsters realize that Arkansas is pretty good team.

CenTexDave
September 29th, 2014, 4:46 PM
Nebraska beat Illinois and is currently the only unbeaten team in the Big Ten, yet we are only #14.
I was surprised that A&M pulled it out because Arkansas pretty much owned that game. Surprised to see they didn't drop in the polls.

Next Saturday is your real test - go to East Lansing and take on Michigan State. And in mid-Nov you get Wisconsin. If you can win both of those they'll be in the top 10.

At least the AP finally got it right and put Alabama over Florida State.

kantwin
September 29th, 2014, 5:23 PM
At least the AP finally got it right and put Alabama over Florida State.
Roll TIDE