PDA

View Full Version : Crusaders vs Redlands

Rick
September 13th, 2014, 6:05 PM

I changed my seats this year to row A upper deck. I like this view better.

Rick
September 13th, 2014, 6:56 PM
End of the 1st. Crusaders lead 2-04965

Rick
September 13th, 2014, 6:58 PM
13:28 left in the first, 9-0 Cru.

Rick
September 13th, 2014, 7:08 PM
9:38 left in the half, Crusaders lead 16-0.

Rick
September 13th, 2014, 7:37 PM
Halftime! Crusaders lead 16-0.

Rick
September 13th, 2014, 8:24 PM
End of the 3rd, crusaders lead 30-0.4967

Rick
September 13th, 2014, 9:00 PM

Way to go Cru! 36-0!

Night Owl
September 13th, 2014, 10:13 PM
The wife and I just got home from out first CRUs game. Sat in Section 201. We had a great time. We were looking at the North end zone where all the TDs were scored. The second and third quarters were played on our end of the field. We will be back.

I was impressed with the facilities and the campus. Over 5500 fans there tonight.

yankeerunner
September 13th, 2014, 10:41 PM
I'm glad that The Cru won tonight, but had The Redlands had their act together they could of given us some serious problems. Seeing Zach Anderson (QB #1) play tonight I was not impressed. This was not the same Anderson from last year. The only difference I saw in Anderson was that he was all tatted up, I guess trying to look like someone with better skills. Anderson's timing was off, he was slow to see the defense form, his passes lacked any kind of zip to them. Although to Anderson's credit he did have some good runs, but they were too far spread out. I wish they would of replaced Anderson with Blake Jackson (QB #7) in the second half. Jackson seemed to have his head into the game and acted like he wanted to be there. There seemed to be a problem with the center, Sterling Cantue #50 snapping the ball high enough so Anderson didn't have to reach down near his cleats to grab the ball.

Tonight the defense and special teams carried the team, but they also need enough time to rest between series. The Cru really need to stop making careless mistakes, one of these games the other team is going to get lucky and The Cru will find themselves trying to come back from behind. The Cru has the talent to get the job done, they just need to start playing football.

CenTexDave
September 13th, 2014, 11:08 PM
At least they won - more than Texas and some highly ranked teams like Georgia and Southern Cal can say.

Rick
September 14th, 2014, 7:23 AM
They strated the season like all the others, slow on offense. Defense was killer, even with losing Seels on the first play from scrimmage. I have never seen them administer an IV on the field. He must have been in a lot of pain. I wish him the best.

According to Fredenburg's comments, there is some competition between Anderson and Jackson.

One difference I noticed last night, fewer penalties that was always frustrating.