PDA

View Full Version : Cru Football!

yankeerunner
September 7th, 2014, 10:57 AM
The Cru are on path to another great season! Although The Cru started the game trying to get into the swing of things, by the start of the second half The Cru were able to refocus and put the ball in the end zone. All ready for the first home game of this season. Here's a recap of the game with Millsaps College: http://www.cruathletics.com/news/2014/9/6/FB_0906143354.aspx

CenTexDave
September 11th, 2014, 5:39 PM
Home opener is Saturday, 6PM. Go Cru!!

http://www.kwtx.com/_254sports/home/headlines/UMHB-Football-to-Host-University-of-Redlands-in-2014-Home-Opener-274812061.html

Rick
September 11th, 2014, 6:03 PM
Parking pass arrived yesterday. I have no idea why they just sent the one for the Redlands game and not all of them. Maybe they rushed the one and will sort the rest and mail them later. It seems they have some new people in that department. I'm sure they are working hard and will iron out the issues.

yankeerunner
September 11th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Parking pass arrived yesterday. I have no idea why they just sent the one for the Redlands game and not all of them. Maybe they rushed the one and will sort the rest and mail them later. It seems they have some new people in that department. I'm sure they are working hard and will iron out the issues.

Rick, you cut that one close. You almost had to join the rest of us and enjoy a pleasant walk across campus from a far a way parking lot to the CRUthedral!

On another front…
Saturday's game is going to be packed! In the lower reserved section (104, 105 & 106) have only five (5) open seats. In the upper reserved section {206 [U] (none), 205 [M] six (6) open, 204 (none) & 203 [B] (none)! I'm looking forward to to a packed house to greet Redland with a very large and LOUD crowd! Go Cru! See everyone in the CRUthedral!

Rick
September 12th, 2014, 1:01 PM
I don't mind walking across campus. It's such a nice campus. Did it while going to school there.

Buying the parking passes for the games is a way to "donate" $100 to the university in exchange for parking close to the stadium. ;)

Tomorrow's game is also military appreciation night and soldiers get in free and get free hot dogs I think.

yankeerunner
September 12th, 2014, 6:29 PM
You're right, it is a nice campus to walk through. Of course there were less buildings when I went to school there. Yes, the military and their family get free admission and meal. I wonder if they are going to serve them Cru Dogs?

Rick
September 12th, 2014, 6:50 PM
Hot dogs and coke.

Belton, TX – Saturday, September 13, the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor will host Military Appreciation Day in Crusader Stadium on the UMHB campus. Military Appreciation Day is an annual tradition that draws hundreds of soldiers and their families from across Central Texas. Activities throughout the game will pay tribute to members of the military and celebrate UMHB’s partnership with the 4th Sustainment Brigade of Fort Hood.

Active duty military and their families can enter through Gate 3 at the southeast end of the stadium, where they can (with a valid Military ID) pick up not only free admission tickets to the game but also concession tickets redeemable for free hotdogs and drinks.

The pre-game activities will feature several representatives from the troops at Fort Hood. The invocation will be given by Major Warren Haggray, and “The Star Spangled Banner” will be performed by Private First Class Devin Galloway. The official coin toss will be done by Private First Class Wilfred Sanchez.

Saturday’s contest marks the CRU’s first home game of the season. They will be facing off with the Redlands Bulldogs. Kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. Crusader Stadium will open at 4:30 p.m.

The new Bawcom Student Union will be open at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday and will close to the public before the game. The 1845 Grill, Starbucks, and residential dining areas will all be serving food from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m., and the campus store will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

For non-military fans, reserved seats in Crusader Stadium cost just $10, and general admission seats are only $8. Shuttles will run before, during, and after the game for those who wish to use the satellite parking areas near the front of the campus or at the UMHB SportsPlex. For more information, visit CrusaderStadium.com.

CenTexDave
September 20th, 2014, 10:08 PM
The Cru won today. Looking good.

Night Owl
September 20th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Score?

Night Owl
September 20th, 2014, 11:20 PM
41-22. Not as close as it seems. LaCross scored a TD with 17 seconds left in the game.

yankeerunner
September 21st, 2014, 12:17 AM
I'm glad that The Cru won, but their play was sloppy. I hope that they are able to get things straighten out before they start conference play.