PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys-Dolphins

CenTexDave
August 23rd, 2014, 6:15 PM
On Fox. As usual, the Cowboys have their list of familiar names on injury list - Spencer and Claiborne. What wastes - give them the pink slip and get some people that can play.

CenTexDave
August 23rd, 2014, 7:28 PM
One bright spot for the Cowboys - Dan Bailey just booted a 50 yard FG. I have a feeling they'll need him a lot this year.

sojourner truth
August 23rd, 2014, 8:09 PM
Guess somebody has to make a few points... I mean, besides the opponents.

CenTexDave
August 23rd, 2014, 8:30 PM
Weeden has looked pretty good. Meanwhile the Browns are stinking it up, again , as usual. :))

CenTexDave
August 23rd, 2014, 9:55 PM
I realize this is all pre-season, but sure doesn't leave a good taste in your mouth.

fchafey
August 23rd, 2014, 10:22 PM
Different era, different time but the late Marv Levy used to get in trouble by the league office for not giving a flip about preseason, all the while going to four Super Bowls. San Francisco at Dallas in two weeks. We will see.

CenTexDave
August 24th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Yep, and the 49'ers have looked bad so far this preseason. Matter of fact, the only team that I have watched in a preseason game that really looked good was Seattle.

mac
August 24th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Weeden has looked pretty good. Meanwhile the Browns are stinking it up, again , as usual. :))

didn't these "browns" get that boy from Baylor and that was s'posed to make everything ok?.......what happened, did they trade or sell him off or something?....mac

CenTexDave
August 24th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Johnny Manziel from Texas A&M is who I think you are talking about. He has proven to be less than the "savior" many thought he would be. At times he has looked good, at other times he has looked like the rookie he is.

mac
August 24th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Johnny Manziel from Texas A&M is who I think you are talking about. He has proven to be less than the "savior" many thought he would be. At times he has looked good, at other times he has looked like the rookie he is.

oh, ok, got it. I guess I should stay out of this football stuff.......mac

CenTexDave
August 24th, 2014, 5:49 PM
The Ram's Sam Bradford tore his ACL last night and is, again, out for the entire year. This guy has been injured more than he's played since he was the overall number one pick a few years ago.

sojourner truth
August 24th, 2014, 8:01 PM
He's got Rangeritis... Knows how to ride the sick list and still get a paycheck...

Still, I never underestimate the Boys' ability to snatch a defeat out of the jaws of victory.

CenTexDave
August 24th, 2014, 8:22 PM
Whether it's "Rangeritis" or just bad luck, I feel sorry for the guy. With all the high draft picks they have used the past 2-3 years, this could have been their year.

CenTexDave
August 24th, 2014, 8:25 PM
Yep, and the 49'ers have looked bad so far this preseason. Matter of fact, the only team that I have watched in a preseason game that really looked good was Seattle.

But the 49'ers sure looked good today. Looks like they have a great 1-2-3 running game with 3 real good backs. They pretty well dominated San Diego today. About the only bright spot for the Chargers was Rivers, who looked real good, and Brelan Chancellor, the undrafted rookie from Cove via North Texas. A couple of nice catches, but I have a feeling he will end up being cut.

Night Owl
August 24th, 2014, 8:52 PM
The SF starters on offense couldn't find their butts with both hands. They looked horrible in the first half. The starters couldn't get a drive going. The subs came in and scored in the second half.

CenTexDave
August 24th, 2014, 9:01 PM
I do agree that their offense is not clicking. Another one of those dual-purpose QB's that got figured out.

fchafey
August 24th, 2014, 9:07 PM
I doubt Kaepernick will be able to run wild this year. Quarterbacks like Brady, Brees, Manning, Flacco, Rogers, Luck, leaders of their team, execute the play first as a last resort.

CenTexDave
August 24th, 2014, 9:44 PM
He's learning, just as is RG3.