PDA

View Full Version : Sactions and Regulations Affecting supplies of Guns and Ammo

Mestral
July 17th, 2014, 7:01 AM
Sanctions on Russia have begun to affect firearms and ammo.
Most of us are saying (about the sanctions) "It's about time"

I'll post more, and links, as I get time.

Mestral
July 18th, 2014, 9:46 AM
http://bearingarms.com/obama-executive-order-halts-import-izmashsaiga-firearms/

The Obama Administration imposed a new round of sanctions against Russian oil, natural gas, financial and defense companies for the nation’s continued involvement in the conflict in Ukraine. Among the defense companies targeted in Executive Order 13662 is Concern Kalshnikov
The Executive Order will impact RWC Group LLC, Concern Kalashnikov’s U.S. importer, almost immediately.
Izmash rifles, including rimfire and centerfire bolt-action rifles, and semi-automatic Saiga rifles and shotguns based off the famed Kalashnikov action, will be banned from import.

There are discussions, though, about the wording, that it may not apply to individuals buying small arms.

Mestral
July 27th, 2014, 7:37 AM
Well, it looks like the sanctions created more hype than shortage.

Indeed, Russian made AK-47's and Russian made ammo will be in short supply, but who cares?

Other countries make the same, and sometimes better.

For instance, Red Army Standard is made in Romania and Ukraine, and it high quality (as eastern block ammo goes)
and buying it helps the Ukraine economy, so they are better able to defend themselves from Russian aggression.

Happy shooting.

sojourner truth
July 27th, 2014, 10:09 PM
My AK is Romanian, and works just fine with whatever 7.76 x 39 ammo I feed it.... AIn't communism grand.. Especially when it comes to guns and ammo.

mac
July 28th, 2014, 10:37 AM
My AK is Romanian, and works just fine with whatever 7.76 x 39 ammo I feed it.... AIn't communism grand.. Especially when it comes to guns and ammo.

mine claims it's yougoslavian but I know for an absolute fact that the factory and workers are located in what used to be the DDR....but what ever the case, it really a dammed good one and "easy to fix"......(if you get my drift).....mac