PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Headed Back to Cleveland

CenTexDave
July 11th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Good for the city of Cleveland. Now they have to get the supporting cast for him. They have a great point guard in Kylie Irving, just dumped three players to free up a ton of money, including their starting center and last year's lottery pick (which never did a thing for them). Will be interesting.

Night Owl
July 11th, 2014, 3:27 PM
Who cares. If I lived in Cleveland I would boycott their games as long as James was on the team.

Rick
July 11th, 2014, 3:46 PM
Since he left, this is how the Cavs finished.

2011 19-63
2012 21-45
2013 24-59
2014 33-49

I doubt of he'll get his picture back on the wall, but I don't think there'll be much of a boycott.

I guess he figured if he is going to rebuild, it might as well be to try to create a home town legacy.

CenTexDave
July 11th, 2014, 4:36 PM
Fans are fickle. His pic will be back up on the wall. Merchandise will again fly off the shelves.
Now they have to find a couple of free agents to plug their roster. His former teammate in Miami, shooting guard Mark Miller, is available. And LeBron likes him and was friends with him.
Just hope they don't get a wild hair and sign Wade. lol

mac
July 11th, 2014, 4:42 PM
Fans are fickle. His pic will be back up on the wall. Merchandise will again fly off the shelves.
Now they have to find a couple of free agents to plug their roster. His former teammate in Miami, shooting guard Mark Miller, is available. And LeBron likes him and was friends with him.
Just hope they don't get a wild hair and sign Wade. lol

oh yeow, they'll sign wade. i'm guessing he was part of the package....mac

gnatsum
July 11th, 2014, 5:13 PM
Did LeBron do another hour-long show on cable, on his "Decision", as he did when he went to Miami in the first place?

onetime
July 11th, 2014, 5:40 PM
Good for the city of Cleveland. Now they have to get the supporting cast for him. They have a great point guard in Kylie Irving, just dumped three players to free up a ton of money, including their starting center and last year's lottery pick (which never did a thing for them). Will be interesting.

They did trade Anthony Bennet, the number 1 overall pick, they traded Sergey Karasev (19th overall pick, 1st round), but not a lottery pick. I love this by LBJ, the city has lost close to 2 billion dollars in revenues since he left, something Miami will not miss. They will instantly be good again regardless of whether they keep the team as it is or pick up a few more players.

CenTexDave
July 11th, 2014, 5:45 PM
Did LeBron do another hour-long show on cable, on his "Decision", as he did when he went to Miami in the first place?
Nope. From what I read he announced it early this morning in an interview with Sports Illustrated.
I think his number 1 reason for wanting to go back there is that he's from there, his wife is from there, and she has been bugging him about returning. Salary was probably the last thing. As long as the Cavs try to find a decent supporting staff for him he'll be happy. I think he has matured a lot in the past 4 years. At least one thing - you never read about him getting in trouble like all these other idiot athletes.

CenTexDave
July 11th, 2014, 5:47 PM
They did trade Anthony Bennet, the number 1 overall pick, they traded Sergey Karasev (19th overall pick, 1st round), but not a lottery pick. I love this by LBJ, the city has lost close to 2 billion dollars in revenues since he left, something Miami will not miss. They will instantly be good again regardless of whether they keep the team as it is or pick up a few more players.

Bennett was last year's lottery pick, wasn't he? I never could understand what they saw in him, then he gets injured before he even played for them and was never a factor. But they are going to have to find a big man - Anderson Varajeo is great when he's healthy, but the last couple of years he is always injured.

onetime
July 11th, 2014, 6:01 PM
Bennett was last year's lottery pick, wasn't he? I never could understand what they saw in him, then he gets injured before he even played for them and was never a factor. But they are going to have to find a big man - Anderson Varajeo is great when he's healthy, but the last couple of years he is always injured.

That should have read that they did not trade Bennet, he is going to be pretty good watch.

Rick
July 12th, 2014, 11:52 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10553553_10154417754635595_2556438062622045135_n.j pg

mac
July 12th, 2014, 11:57 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10553553_10154417754635595_2556438062622045135_n.j pg

now that there is funny! it's goin' 'round the world even as you read this. Thanx, Rick....mac

Rick
July 12th, 2014, 1:05 PM
I stole it from Facebook.

Grammar Rules
July 12th, 2014, 2:51 PM
And I stole this one off FB. :))

CenTexDave
July 14th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I think it's good he returned to his hometown. Like he said - playing for Miami was great but it was like his college years.
A big key to how successful the Cavs will be is if Anderson Varajeo stays healthy. This dude is a brut force in the paint.

kantwin
July 14th, 2014, 1:18 PM
I think it's good he returned to his hometown. Like he said - playing for Miami was great but it was like his college years.
A big key to how successful the Cavs will be is if Anderson Varajeo stays healthy. This dude is a brut force in the paint.
College years?
What college years?
Dude was drafted right out of high school.

CenTexDave
July 14th, 2014, 1:44 PM
Exactly. He just stated playing in Miami was like playing in college. I think he did a lot of growing up the past four years.
Love him or hate him, he is a great player, gives to charities, and doesn't go out and get in trouble.

kantwin
July 14th, 2014, 1:52 PM
Exactly. He just stated playing in Miami was like playing in college. I think he did a lot of growing up the past four years.
Love him or hate him, he is a great player, gives to charities, and doesn't go out and get in trouble.
Gotcha.
Must have missed that. Thanks!