PDA

View Full Version : Athletic Director

ethelm
April 1st, 2014, 10:35 PM
Just curious. Who do you think KISD's new AD will be?

Night Owl
April 1st, 2014, 10:53 PM
Hopefully no one.

Grammar Rules
April 1st, 2014, 11:18 PM
KISD could save six figures/year by making it a volunteer position. I'll bet Dave and Hooter could do it part time.

CenTexDave
April 2nd, 2014, 6:33 AM
I live in Cove. Jack Welch wouldn't want to give up that lucrative salary. :)

cnjbond
April 2nd, 2014, 12:42 PM
KISD could save six figures/year by making it a volunteer position. I'll bet Dave and Hooter could do it part time.
Hooter would save more than that because he would have the football players dressed like this to save money:

:))

RooDawg
April 2nd, 2014, 1:41 PM

The athletic director of Killeen ISD does not get paid 6 figures.

Night Owl
April 2nd, 2014, 2:07 PM
Whatever they are paid is too much.

DiamondKing
April 2nd, 2014, 2:19 PM
What does the KISD athletic director do? I bet most including myself don't know who it is currently.

xzochye
April 2nd, 2014, 2:40 PM
What does the KISD athletic director do? I bet most including myself don't know who it is currently.

I DO! I DO! Tom Rogers! He goes to most of the football games and I have spoken with him a time or two!

CenTexDave
April 2nd, 2014, 3:09 PM
Hooter would save more than that because he would have the football players dressed like this to save money:

If they had players who played like this guy did there would be wall full's of state championship trophies.

Night Owl
April 2nd, 2014, 5:36 PM

And that would be a bad thing?

CenTexDave
April 2nd, 2014, 6:10 PM
Not if the player came with the uniforms. That is Jim Thorpe - justifiably the greatest athlete of all time.

beaver
April 3rd, 2014, 11:36 AM
The pictured player's school closed down along with its football team around the time of WWI. Rumor is it was because their mascot was politically incorrect.

mac
April 3rd, 2014, 12:59 PM
The pictured player's school closed down along with its football team around the time of WWI. Rumor is it was because their mascot was politically incorrect.

nah....he went to play for the Redskins........mac (sorry 'bout that, Quatro)....... (don't spoil it, Bond)

btw Quatro, did you know that there was a semi-pro base ball team that is called that word you hate so much over in El Pasoi? yep, and easily over 20 of the 30 players are Latinos with 2 Latinas workin' the equipment and stuff. but then, they may all be Tio Thomases....'cept the girls....they also play across the river in Juarez.....mac

CenTexDave
April 3rd, 2014, 1:32 PM
The Carlisle Indians? Hell, he was an Indian. Won the decathlon in the Sweden Olympics. Played for a few years in the NFL. Both offense and defense. You couldn't tackle him when running the ball. But he was a murderous tackler. Could also kick the ball the length of the football field.
Probably the only guy who could challenge him for athlete of the century is Jim Brown, and most of us know about him. :)

mac
April 3rd, 2014, 3:56 PM
The Carlisle Indians? Hell, he was an Indian. Won the decathlon in the Sweden Olympics. Played for a few years in the NFL. Both offense and defense. You couldn't tackle him when running the ball. But he was a murderous tackler. Could also kick the ball the length of the football field.
Probably the only guy who could challenge him for athlete of the century is Jim Brown, and most of us know about him. :)

who said or mentioned anything about "Indians"?,......you mean the guy in the picture is an Indian? I guessed I assumed he was Guamanian......mac (good Lord, I sure hope it's still OK to say Guamanian)

CenTexDave
April 3rd, 2014, 4:48 PM
Jim Thorpe was a Sac and Fox Indian. He went to school at Carlisle and their nickname was "The Indians". He won the pentathlon and decathlon in the 1912 Olympics. Played collegiate and NFL football, professional baseball and basketball. He was the first president of the American Professional Football Association, later known as the NFL.
Sure it's ok to say Guamanian, Mac. I was married to one. :)

mac
April 3rd, 2014, 6:21 PM
Jim Thorpe was a Sac and Fox Indian. He went to school at Carlisle and their nickname was "The Indians". He won the pentathlon and decathlon in the 1912 Olympics. Played collegiate and NFL football, professional baseball and basketball. He was the first president of the American Professional Football Association, later known as the NFL.
Sure it's ok to say Guamanian, Mac. I was married to one. :)

wow.....you sure must've had some very..........interesting moments. them ole boys do NOT play at all, not one little bit.....congratulations......they are bad to the bone......mac

Grammar Rules
April 3rd, 2014, 10:11 PM
Am I missing something? What ole boys?

mac
April 3rd, 2014, 10:30 PM
Am I missing something? What ole boys?

his in-laws and their buddies......mac

Ludwig
April 3rd, 2014, 10:30 PM
He is speaking of the indigenous people of the island of Guam, the Chamorros... but they call them Guamanians.

SamBrown
April 4th, 2014, 12:01 AM
How about David Manley?????

Iteachtoo
April 4th, 2014, 8:36 AM
He would be great! But I think HHHS would cry.

ethelm
April 24th, 2014, 7:41 PM
Congrats to David Manley!!! He will do a great job!!

CenTexDave
April 25th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Hopefully he can put an end to those "home games" at Fort Hood's terrible stadium.

Ludwig
April 25th, 2014, 3:08 PM
Hopefully he can put an end to those "home games" at Fort Hood's terrible stadium.

That is my hope also, but only so I don't have to put up with another season of endless whining about that stadium.

xzochye
April 25th, 2014, 3:33 PM
They can play as many games as they want on Hood. Only takes me a few minutes to get there and back. LOVE IT! No more driving across town every week.

CenTexDave
April 25th, 2014, 5:25 PM
Transfer to Cove. The Dawg Pound is closer to your house than Leo Buckley is, plus it's a helluva lot better stadium than that mess on Ft. Hood.

xzochye
April 25th, 2014, 5:36 PM
Yeah but bulldogs are ugly

onetime
April 25th, 2014, 9:03 PM
The hiring is a good thing and a bad thing, good because he will likely raise the stipends for all of the other sports and possibly add "days" which are common with most other districts. This is bad for those that coach football because traditionally this role is filled by former football coaches, but that will remain to be seen. He will likely do a great job, but as usual KISD has a head scratcher hire, why would you take a new principal out of a school if education is of the utmost importance? I am all about sports, but now you have to fill a spot that was just filled a short time ago at HHHS. Make little since, but again I think he will be good hire.

CenTexDave
April 25th, 2014, 9:52 PM
Yeah but bulldogs are ugly

They are mean, like Pit Bulls. :)