PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys In The Upcoming Draft

CenTexDave
January 30th, 2014, 12:00 PM
This sums it up entirely: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dallas-cowboys-changes-coaching-staff-not-matter-jerry-175500083--nfl.html

corgifan
February 1st, 2014, 11:47 AM
SAME STUBBORN OWNER + SAME LAME HEAD COACH + SAME OVER RATED CHOKES AT THE WORST POSSIBLE MOMENT QUARTERBACK + WHINEY THUG WIDE RECEIVER + NO DEFENSE = MORE OF THE SAME NEXT YEAR AND EVERY YEAR AFTER THAT. (Until real changes are made.)

sojourner truth
February 1st, 2014, 12:35 PM
Hey, just keep thinking "Johnny Cowboy"..:))

cnjbond
February 1st, 2014, 1:53 PM
Hey, just keep thinking "Johnny Cowboy"..:))
That has a nice ring to it but it won't happen...he won't be around long enough for the Boys to get him and Jerruh would be out of his ever loving mind to trade up to get him for that price, especially since they're currently $25 million over the cap right now.

CenTexDave
February 1st, 2014, 1:57 PM
They might be able to trade up to get him. Cleveland has a ton of picks to include 2 in the first round. Of course I've seen mock drafts where the Browns grab him at #4.
But the Cowboys better get a QB, and soon. Romo is starting to get injury prone. Need a good, young QB to sit and learn for a couple of years.

cnjbond
February 1st, 2014, 3:47 PM
I'm not sure they can afford to give anything away to move up that high. They'll need all of their draft picks to hopefully plug up the holes they have...I mean they literally need someone at every position except MAYBE running back (if they all stay healthy), tight end and wide receiver. They need 1 or 2 more for the o-line, at least 4 for the d-line, another solid linebacker to help Lee and Lord knows they are absolutely horrible in the secondary!

They can't afford any free agents unless they restructure darn near everyone's current contracts, which is tantamount to just kicking the can down the road until eventually they'll almost have as much cap money tied up in players no longer on the roster as they do towards active players.

CenTexDave
February 1st, 2014, 4:33 PM
Sure they do. Ol' Jerry will sell the farm to get some washed up, 35 year old free agents to plug all the holes. He's great at doing that. :)

gs45
February 2nd, 2014, 11:38 AM
doesnt matter who they draft. as long as jerry is in charge,the boys will NEVER get out of mediocraty.jerry would rather let the fans suffer as long as he is making money off the cowboys

cnjbond
February 2nd, 2014, 12:32 PM
I think Jerruh wants to win, he just sucks at following proven formulas for success!

gs45
February 9th, 2014, 9:30 AM
if jerry really wanted to win, he wouldn't have let jimmy go

gs45
February 9th, 2014, 9:33 AM
jerry sucks alright.its amazing that him and his ego can fit in the same luxury box

cnjbond
February 9th, 2014, 9:57 AM
The worst thing that happened to the Cowboys after Jimmy left was them winning the Superbowl with Barry Switzer. That legitimized Jerruh's ASSumptions that anyone could win a Superbowl with that team...he's been believing that lie every since!

CenTexDave
February 9th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Hell, I could have won a Super Bowl with that team. :)

gs45
February 15th, 2014, 8:24 PM
somebody call an exorcist and get the ghost of al davis out of j.j

CenTexDave
February 22nd, 2014, 7:46 AM
The NFL Combine has started. Manziel didn't even break the 6' tape. I thought he was at least 6'1" or so.

cnjbond
February 24th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Really Jerry?! And this is why they will forever be 8-8 because he thinks he can win the cotton picking Superbowl EVERY year...forget that they have the WORST defense in the NFL, they're going to the Super Bowl!!! What a buffoon...although a very rich one!!!

INDIANAPOLIS — The Cowboys finished 8-8 the last three seasons, had the worst defense in 2013 and have to trim their payroll to get under the league-mandated salary ceiling before March 11. But owner Jerry Jones still believes the Cowboys have a shot at the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

“Even though we have cap problems this year,” Jones said, “we have that chance to compete for a Super Bowl.”

As a way of explaining his blind optimism, Jones told a story about how he once gave CBS anchor Scott Pelley a tour of his boyhood neighborhood of North Little Rock and ran through several stop signs along the way.

“So my point to you is, you probably could say that if not seeing the stop sign means denial, then that is denial, if you want to,” he explained. “The facts are, I see them, but I don’t see them. I know why they’re there — I’m talking about the 8-8 — but I don’t see them.”

Ummm, Jerry, what the heck IS your point?!!!

jerry-jones-says-despite-cap-problems-dallas-cowboys-can-compete-for-a-super-bowl (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2014/02/jerry-jones-says-despite-cap-problems-dallas-cowboys-can-compete-for-a-super-bowl.html/)

CenTexDave
February 24th, 2014, 1:45 PM
The point, Jerry Jones is a loon. :)

CenTexDave
February 25th, 2014, 7:38 AM
Read an article on ESPN's site this morning. Ol' Jerry says he isn't sure if DeMarcus Ware will be back. Says he counts $16M against the salary cap and "that's an awful lot to pay for a player who is injured all the time".
Congrats, Jerry. You are starting to figure it out.
So now we can add DL to the Boys' problems, as well as defensive backfield and offensive line. The Rams have the #2 pick. They really aren't in the market for a defensive lineman or QB, which figures to be the first 4 or 5 picks. Maybe they could trade up - of course sell the farm - but that Clowney from South Carolina is a beast of a DE.

cnjbond
February 25th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I think they have too many holes to fill to try and trade up. The reports are saying that this draft is pretty deep so I would hope that they traded down to get a few more picks. 2 or 3 more years with good drafts, consistent coaches and schemes and they'll have a decent chance to compete.

CenTexDave
February 25th, 2014, 5:36 PM
Very true, however in 2 or 3 more years Romo will probably be on his way out, if he's not already. They need to find one, let him sit on the bench and learn for a year or two. This class is deep in good QB's.

CenTexDave
February 26th, 2014, 10:49 AM
What this draft does appear to have is 4 real good QB's, 3 or 4 OL, some good DB's and a few real good DL. Linebackers and WRs are at a premium.
Houston is in a quandry - they obviously want and need a QB, although I'm not 100% convinced that Matt Schaub is as terrible as the recent season he had.
Imagine the Texans' defense with J.J. Watt and Mr. Clowney on the DL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!