PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoffs

CenTexDave
January 12th, 2014, 7:22 PM
Well, down to the Final Four.
San Francisco goes to Seattle, New England travels to Denver.
Who wins??

xzochye
January 12th, 2014, 7:24 PM
Well, down to the Final Four.
San Francisco goes to Seattle, New England travels to Denver.
Who wins??

Super Bowl will be the Seahawks for sure and probably the Broncos.

corgifan
January 12th, 2014, 8:51 PM
Niners and (as much as I prefer the Broncos) the Pats. Brady almost always gets the best of Manning. Home or not, I believe the Broncos will find a way to blow it. The Niners/Seahawks game is going to be a war, but I like Kap better than Wilson.

bbh
January 12th, 2014, 9:03 PM
I can't get a definite feeling about the Pats and the Broncos, but it should be a good game. I'm not really a Seahawks fan, but I like Wilson.

sojourner truth
January 12th, 2014, 9:32 PM
I sincerely hope the reffing gets better. I saw some really pisspoor calls on both games. Especially the 49ers game. I started to wonder how much the niners had payed the refs.

But, it will be the same as always The Seahawks and the Broncos....ho hum.

The only interesting thing on superbowl Sunday will be the chips and dips...and the aftereffects.

Ang
January 13th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Broncos/Seahawks

CenTexDave
January 13th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I'm gonna say the Seahawks and Pats. Manning has big losses when playing against a 3-4 defense.

cnjbond
January 13th, 2014, 11:03 AM
I believe the Seahawks will take the NFC because that defense is ferocious and although I'm not a 49er fan, I was glad to see them knock out Cry Baby-Cam Newton and the Panthers.

The AFC is a tough one to call. On paper, the Broncos should win but like others have said, Brady and the Pats just seem to somehow always pull it out in addition to having Payton's number...sooooo, I think the Pats will use the game film from all the games the Chargers played against the Broncos and pull out a win. I hate the Patriots!!!! :)

Seahawks vs Patriots for the Superbowl.

CenTexDave
January 13th, 2014, 3:56 PM
I really don't care who wins. I don't like any of them. :))

CenTexDave
January 19th, 2014, 4:29 PM
So much for that prediction. New England didn't show up. :))

cnjbond
January 19th, 2014, 6:55 PM
My 2nd pick isn't looking much better. :)

kantwin
January 19th, 2014, 7:42 PM
Buck-Aikman have a man crush on Kapernick.

CenTexDave
January 19th, 2014, 8:56 PM
49'ers got screwed.
Hope Denver kicks Seattle's butt. :)

kantwin
January 19th, 2014, 8:58 PM

kantwin
January 19th, 2014, 8:59 PM
49'ers got screwed. Hope Denver kicks Seattle's butt. :)how so?

CenTexDave
January 19th, 2014, 9:13 PM
That one fumble the Niners recovered. Never saw an entire officiating crew miss a fumble recovery before.
But Kaepernick sucked.

kantwin
January 19th, 2014, 9:25 PM
That one fumble the Niners recovered. Never saw an entire officiating crew miss a fumble recovery before. But Kaepernick sucked.
But it worked of, so I don't see how they were screwed.

cnjbond
January 20th, 2014, 12:04 AM
OK, just finished watching the Seahawk 49er game (had to DVR it) wow, what a game! Those 2 defenses are amazing, I can't wait to see the Superbowl, number 1 defense against the number offense. The Seahawks have to find a way to get that offense going again to hope to have a chance against Denver. Their defense will definitely keep them in the game but they're gonna have to score more than field goals when they get in the red zone...looks like a good game on paper!

CenTexDave
January 20th, 2014, 7:10 AM
Should be a good one.

corgifan
January 20th, 2014, 2:41 PM
I took an o-fer. I'm calling for the Broncos in the finale. By double digits. Best defense in the NFL be damned.

CenTexDave
January 20th, 2014, 3:44 PM
I don't know about double digits, but hope Decker burns that idiot Sherman all afternoon. :)

cnjbond
January 20th, 2014, 7:05 PM
I don't know about double digits, but hope Decker burns that idiot Sherman all afternoon. :)

I like how he talked all of that trash AFTER the game was over! It's gonna be hard for the Bronco receivers to get open against that secondary, especially on those short crossing routes...you saw what happened to Crabtree on that crucial 3rd down ball that he developed alligator arms on, he heard footsteps!! The Seahawks will let you catch those short slants, but you're gonna feel it afterwards!

CenTexDave
January 20th, 2014, 7:15 PM
For sure. But I like Denver's chances. Their defense shut down New England's rushing attack big time yesterday.

bbh
January 21st, 2014, 8:57 AM
Sherman is a JERK! How far was that walk from the 'hood to the football field? Grow up already! Sheesh......

CenTexDave
January 21st, 2014, 10:46 AM
Sherman played for Jim Harbaugh when they both were at Stanford.
I remember Harbaugh put in his two cents before the draft telling NFL teams this guy was a loose cannon. Sherman dropped to the fifth round of the draft and he has never forgiven Harbaugh.
Wish the 49'ers would have won.

Texas Immigrant
January 21st, 2014, 10:51 PM
My HAWKS are going to the SUPER BOWL!!! I'm so excited. It's even more fun because I have been able to watch some games with my dad. I've been a fan of the Seahawks since the late 80s, when my dreamboat, Brian "The Boz" Bozwarth played for them.

I've lived in Colorado as well, so I won't be completely heartbroken if the Broncos win, but I'd much prefer the Seahawks do. Some people are calling it the Marijuana Bowl. You know, because both WA and CO legalized pot. :))

cnjbond
January 22nd, 2014, 5:28 AM
Sherman is a JERK! How far was that walk from the 'hood to the football field? Grow up already! Sheesh......

From the news reports it looks like Sherman was more upset that Crabtree disrespected him after he tried to congratulate him after the game and got a tad bit carried away during the post game interview by letting his emotions get the best of him. Those two will definitely meet again...at least twice! :)

CenTexDave
January 22nd, 2014, 8:06 AM
True. Crabtree shoved him after Sherman extended his hand to shake.
Good cannon fodder for the off season.
I really don't care - I don't like either of them. :)

bbh
January 22nd, 2014, 1:10 PM
We have very good friends who live in Seattle. They have been telling us for months about how nasty things are getting in Seattle....particularly actions by fans, but also by some team members. Sherman was one they always mentioned when talking about it. "The 12th Man" meanwhile appears to have gotten a little out of hand. An example would be the throwing of food at the cart carrying injured '49er NaVorro Bowman out of the game. While our friends will root for the Hawks in the Super Bowl, they have trouble being really proud of what the Seahawk brand has become.

Speaking of NaVorro Bowman, that injury was tough to watch, wasn't it? A Theismann moment.

Texas Immigrant
January 22nd, 2014, 9:38 PM
Those people that threw food on Bowman are a disgrace to us true Seahawk fans. Sherman even called those losers out. They're probably all the freaks moving up from California. :)

Texas Immigrant
January 22nd, 2014, 11:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000316744/Sound-FX-Sherman-and-Crabtree-clash?campaign=Facebook_videos_sherman

Listen to the whole thing and then tell me what you think about him. He honestly congratulated that guy and he got his face shoved.

Night Owl
January 22nd, 2014, 11:47 PM
Denver will win. 24-20.

Night Owl
January 22nd, 2014, 11:54 PM
Bet the house on it.:))

No don't.

CenTexDave
January 23rd, 2014, 8:38 AM
I find myself less and less interested in Super Bowls as the years go by. And this year it's being played in New Jersey. Hope they have a blizzard. :)

cnjbond
January 23rd, 2014, 8:40 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000316744/Sound-FX-Sherman-and-Crabtree-clash?campaign=Facebook_videos_sherman

Listen to the whole thing and then tell me what you think about him. He honestly congratulated that guy and he got his face shoved.
Made Crabtree look like the bigger douche in my opinion! That was a hard fought game and the least Crabby patty could've done was shake hands...Sherman's post game rant was a little extreme but now it's in context to the situation that transpired on the field.

bbh
January 23rd, 2014, 10:27 AM
This one should be a great matchup, even if they are calling it "The Pot Bowl." :)

But, I have to ask --

In what alternate universe did the NFL powers-that-be sit down at a table, look at each other, and say, "Let's have the 2014 Super Bowl in early February (Groundhog Day, actually)....at the Meadowlands....in NEW JERSEY? Was that really a smart move?

Early weather models say it could be very, very dicey. Forget the game itself. I get it. It's football. All that testosterone. Who cares if it's cold? Don't even need long-sleeves. Little snow and ice? No problem.

But what above travel? Blizzards are common this time of year on the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast coast. Remember Winter Storm Nemo last year? Almost 5,000 flights were cancelled over the last couple of days with this current storm. What a mess that would be for Super Bowl weekend.

I just read this: "In case of a forecast of heavy snow, the NFL says it will reschedule the Super Bowl for either Saturday, Monday or Tuesday." Really? Have they noticed that Super Bowl is really kind of a big deal? They maybe will just switch it to another day just like that?

Why would they tempt fate this way? Just seems stupid to me. But then what do I know. I actually put a coat on when it's cold. Most females are just silly that way. :-)

bbh
January 23rd, 2014, 11:02 AM

I know there is a lot of trash talk and emotion on the field, and one had better be prepared to defend one's self when attacked. One of the worst trash talkers and trouble makers is No. 81 for the 49'er (Boldin). However, the trash talk and acting like a spoiled brat needs to stop when the game is over. But here is my complaint about Sherman: All of these guys, in my opinion, have an obligation, duty and responsibility…and that is one of image. The NFL recognizes that, which is the reason they have rules regarding behavior. But is ticks me off that Sherman is a pathetic example to our youth. There are kids all over, from the "hood" to my 11-year-old grandson, who love the Seahawks. Grandson just idolizes them. Then this guy comes out acting like a jerk. We told our grandson, "don't you ever act like that. It's wrong, stupid, and classless."

Nevertheless, behavior like Sherman's will be emulated by many young ones, and it becomes part of the culture. I was recently watching a documentary about Archie Manning with lots of game clips, and I was reminded of the days when there was no hot-dogging, no displays of "look how cool I am." I liked those days way better than what's going on today.

cnjbond
January 23rd, 2014, 1:13 PM
I know there is a lot of trash talk and emotion on the field, and one had better be prepared to defend one's self when attacked. One of the worst trash talkers and trouble makers is No. 81 for the 49'er (Boldin). However, the trash talk and acting like a spoiled brat needs to stop when the game is over. But here is my complaint about Sherman: All of these guys, in my opinion, have an obligation, duty and responsibility…and that is one of image. The NFL recognizes that, which is the reason they have rules regarding behavior. But is ticks me off that Sherman is a pathetic example to our youth. There are kids all over, from the "hood" to my 11-year-old grandson, who love the Seahawks. Grandson just idolizes them. Then this guy comes out acting like a jerk. We told our grandson, "don't you ever act like that. It's wrong, stupid, and classless."

Nevertheless, behavior like Sherman's will be emulated by many young ones, and it becomes part of the culture. I was recently watching a documentary about Archie Manning with lots of game clips, and I was reminded of the days when there was no hot-dogging, no displays of "look how cool I am." I liked those days way better than what's going on today.
Those days also didn't have all access media 24/7 either...again, not trying to make excuses but again, I say put it in the proper context of the moment. Sherman thrives on trash talk (and pretty much backs it up) but I bet you most of the receivers he covers will say they still respect him. He also went to great lengths to apologize for what he did.

I find it funny that we're not condemning Crabtree for his actions. I c.an understand how he felt after battling with Sherman all day trading barbs back and forth and Sherman getting the best of him on the last play that was the difference in them not going to the Superbowl but come on buddy, a shove to the face after he congratulated you on a "helluva game" is downright disrepectful.

I agree that sports has become less of a team focused event than individual but the NFL markets that stuff, if they didn't, they wouldn't mic the players up...ESPECIALLY Sherman!

bbh
January 23rd, 2014, 5:40 PM
I agree with everything you said, Mr. Bond!

cnjbond
January 23rd, 2014, 6:04 PM
I agree with everything you said, Mr. Bond!

That feels like a "mercy" agreement...or a tired of chasing your tail agreement. ;)

bbh
January 23rd, 2014, 9:14 PM
That feels like a "mercy" agreement...or a tired of chasing your tail agreement. ;)

Nope. I reserve "chasing my tail" for those times when I can no longer endure the babblings of....well, you know. ;) And that's DEFINITELY NOT YOU!!!!

I really do agree with you on all of what you wrote. I only focused on Sherman because he happened to put himself out there in his interview with Erin Andrews. Crabtree acted like a total jerk.

Texas Immigrant
January 23rd, 2014, 9:14 PM
.... There are kids all over, from the "hood" to my 11-year-old grandson, who love the Seahawks. Grandson just idolizes them. Then this guy comes out acting like a jerk. We told our grandson, "don't you ever act like that. It's wrong, stupid, and classless."

Russell Wilson or Derrick Coleman might be better role models. But in all fairness, Sherman was part responsible for pushing some of his old high school teammates to go onto college. I know the man has a mouth on him, but that's just one piece of the Sherman puzzle.

corgifan
February 2nd, 2014, 6:48 PM
I took an o-fer. I'm calling for the Broncos in the finale. By double digits. Best defense in the NFL be damned.
Why do I make predictions?
Why do I make such BAD PREDICTIONS???

xzochye
February 2nd, 2014, 6:51 PM
This game is not what I was expecting at all! Very boring. Good thing I have good friends, good food and good alcohol right now. :-)

CenTexDave
February 2nd, 2014, 7:04 PM
Peyton who? :))

sojourner truth
February 2nd, 2014, 7:26 PM
Well, at least it's an excusefor me and momma to sit by the fire, sip cocoa (her at least) snuggle, and nosh out a bit.

Still waiting for Denver to show up...Puppy bowl was better.

CenTexDave
February 2nd, 2014, 7:31 PM
It's colder here than there. lol

cnjbond
February 2nd, 2014, 9:09 PM
I went to sleep with the game 5-0...what the heck happened?!!!

CenTexDave
February 2nd, 2014, 9:47 PM
Manning tossed a couple INTs. Harvin ran the second half kickoff back for a TD, and basically Denver forgot to show up.

Texas Immigrant
February 2nd, 2014, 10:05 PM
YAY!!! That is all I have to say.

cnjbond
February 3rd, 2014, 5:24 AM
I think the Seahawks can enjoy this for one more year before they have to open up their pocket books or start letting some folks go. Wilson is playing for peanuts right now (as far as starting NFL QB pay goes) so once they have to resign him, they will have to let go of a few of their top players to FA. Hopefully they're smarter than Jerruh and have already planned for that and started cultivating replacements for that monster defense!

Poor Peyton...sets the world on fire during the regular season and just disappears in the post season. He might not even have one Super bowl ring if the Bears had a better QB than Rex Grossman. If you could combine him and Eli, you'd have the perfect QB. Eli sucks during the regular season but Peyton shines and in the post season they are completely opposite!

kantwin
February 3rd, 2014, 5:58 PM
Should have known it would go bad for the AFC team, Joe Namath got intercepted on the coin toss.