PDA

View Full Version : I Hate The NFL

CenTexDave
January 5th, 2014, 6:49 PM
All 4 teams that I wanted to win lost this weekend. :))

xzochye
January 5th, 2014, 6:50 PM

I still have my Saints in the running but I am heartbroken about the Chiefs.

mac
January 5th, 2014, 6:51 PM
why did you care?,.......

bbh
January 5th, 2014, 7:09 PM

Me, too, Dave -- except for the Saints.

Same thing with the college bowl games. This was not a good week.

CenTexDave
January 5th, 2014, 8:24 PM
why did you care?,.......

Why do you even come on the sports threads?

corgifan
January 5th, 2014, 9:25 PM
Three out of four teams I wanted to win did. The Pack let me down. They weren't going anywhere anyhowz.

siamcat
January 5th, 2014, 9:43 PM
The Lions weren't playing so I paid not attention:)

Night Owl
January 5th, 2014, 9:55 PM
KC choked. Again.
any day the Packers lose is a good day.

kantwin
January 5th, 2014, 10:13 PM
any day the Packers lose is a good day.
Zip it!

cnjbond
January 6th, 2014, 8:55 AM

I'm gonna need you to go for whichever team the Cowboys are playing against this next season!! :)

sojourner truth
January 6th, 2014, 9:04 AM
Doesn't matter..they will figure out a way to lose.

Read an interesting article in the Dalls news yesterday titled "Johnny Cowboy?"...Just what we need to fix the team. Another high paid primadonna.

bbh
January 6th, 2014, 9:52 AM

Because he's an equal opportunity annoyance.

xzochye
January 6th, 2014, 10:59 AM

Read an interesting article in the Dalls news yesterday titled "Johnny Cowboy?"...Just what we need to fix the team. Another high paid primadonna.

I think he will go to the Texans if they can manage it.

circle_c
January 6th, 2014, 11:16 AM
For some reason, just can stand this Johnny whats his face. May be his arrogance. Must give him credit, he has made some great plays and moves to win games.

cnjbond
January 6th, 2014, 11:16 AM

He's starting to calm down a little bit and not be a headline every other week. I think he'll actually do pretty good in the NFL if he doesn't go to a team where he has to start immediately and can sit behind a decent QB for 2-3 years. I wouldn't mind Dallas grabbing him if they don't have to jump too high to get him (which they probably will since they are sitting at the number 16 or 17 pick).

CenTexDave
January 6th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I'm pretty sure Houston will take a QB as the number one choice, but I did read an article on ESPN's site that said they were willing to listen to offers to trade their #1 pick.
If they do go #1, I'm pretty sure Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville QB, would go first.
Mock drafts I have seen have Manziel going to Cleveland. Sure hope so - they need help bad. That Brandon Weeden was, as usual for the Browns, a bust at QB.

sojourner truth
January 6th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Problem with Johhny is that he is a scrambling QB, and if there is one thing we have learned from RGIII is that the NFL pretty much chews those guys up and spits them out in a year or 2.

Take away his legs and see how good he is.

Ang
January 6th, 2014, 12:19 PM
I so wanted the Chiefs to win. Now I will be watching the rest of the games with no dog in the fight...

CenTexDave
January 6th, 2014, 12:28 PM
BUT.......you, as well as the rest of us, will be watching.:))

mac
January 6th, 2014, 12:36 PM

beats the hell out of me! i seldom do. i'm a curious kind of guy and i guess my curiosity just got the best of me. i kind of like findin' out what makes people tick and do the things they do...and i just couldn't figure out why any one in bell county, Texas would want to watch a game in greenbay wisconsin and thought it might not hurt to ask. i enjoy learning things.....mac

cnjbond
January 8th, 2014, 9:08 AM
Problem with Johhny is that he is a scrambling QB, and if there is one thing we have learned from RGIII is that the NFL pretty much chews those guys up and spits them out in a year or 2.

Take away his legs and see how good he is.
RGIII hurt himself by not knowing how NOT take a hit. Like I said before, Johnny will do ok if he's allowed to sit at least 2 years behind a good QB before he's asked to be a starter. He will go the same way as Colt McCoy did when he went to Cleveland if they make him the starter from the get-go. Wilson playing for the Seahawks is an anomaly for young mobile QBs, that kid has good football IQ. Look at the transformation that Steve Young went through. He was also a scrambling QB that learned to become a better pocket passer.

CenTexDave
January 8th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I remember RGIII in high school. Would avoid taking a hit - and almost cost Cove in certain games when needed to run out the clock, he'd run out of bounds.
Somewhere he got the notion he was immortal. He got away with it for the most part at Baylor, but now everyone in the NFL is fast and can catch him.

Ludwig
January 8th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Maziel just entered the draft.

CenTexDave
January 8th, 2014, 1:36 PM
Yep. Will probably be the second QB picked. I think the Texans, as long as they don't trade the number 1 pick, will snag Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater. Manziel should go to Jacksonville (#3) or Cleveland (#4). God help the coach that drafts this live wire act.

Ludwig
January 29th, 2014, 8:44 PM
If we did not have the NFL we would not enjoy commercials like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4