PDA

View Full Version : San Fran vs. Green Bay

bbh
January 5th, 2014, 1:05 PM
It is currently 5 degrees at Lambeau with a wind chill of -12 degrees. By the time the game ends, it will be 2 degrees with a -16 wind chill and chance of snow flurries. At those temps, experts say that skin can/will become frostbitten within five minutes.

They don't allow players on the field when there's lightning in the area. WHY are they playing this game in Green Bay today? I think it's nuts.

And just watch....some of those macho numbskulls will probably be out there with their arms exposed.

xzochye
January 5th, 2014, 1:07 PM
Just like that game a few weeks ago when it was snowing like crazy. There were players with short sleeves and even some idiot fans with no shirts and their chests painted.

CenTexDave
January 5th, 2014, 1:27 PM
They are playing at Lambeau because The Pack won their division.

bbh
January 5th, 2014, 1:35 PM
I'm just saying that it's dangerous.....to Packer players as well as 49ers.

CenTexDave
January 5th, 2014, 2:26 PM
Of course it is. But they will have heated benches, warming packs in their gloves, heaters going full blast on the sidelines.
The fans are more liable to get frostbite than the players.

sojourner truth
January 5th, 2014, 4:14 PM
There was an article this past week about the dwindling numbers of fans turning out for games in the uncovered Northern stadiums. Much better sitting at home in the heat than taking 1 degree temps at the stadium and eating frozen hot dogs and beercicles.

If the teams lose enough revenue, they'll start putting a lid on those places.

xzochye
January 5th, 2014, 4:55 PM
There was an article this past week about the dwindling numbers of fans turning out for games in the uncovered Northern stadiums. Much better sitting at home in the heat than taking 1 degree temps at the stadium and eating frozen hot dogs and beercicles.

If the teams lose enough revenue, they'll start putting a lid on those places.

I know that one of the games this weekend (either last night's or tonight's) was endanger of being blacked out at home due to the lack of tickets sales.

CenTexDave
January 5th, 2014, 5:33 PM
I'm sure it wasn't Green Bay. Could be -50 and they would fill the stadium.

bbh
January 5th, 2014, 7:11 PM
Actually, it was Green Bay. Several radio and tv stations finally kicked in and bought the remaining 1,000 tickets so there wouldn't be a blackout.

FieryPrincess
January 5th, 2014, 10:15 PM
We helped a non-profit move out of one location into another over the weekend and it was -10 or so. People were working so hard that more than one started in layers and got down to t-shirt sleeves.

Football players work hard too!

I used to worry about extreme temps that things would freeze instantaneously, but that isn't really how it works.

Half-Full
January 5th, 2014, 10:51 PM
GO NINERS!