PDA

View Full Version : Found Female Boxer - Northeast Killeen

poundpup
December 24th, 2013, 9:15 PM
Found on Dec. 24. A kid rang our doorbell, thinking that she was ours. My husband figured it would be safer for her to stay with us for the time being. If you know anyone who's lost a female boxer, please, please let them know to get in touch with me either here or email poundpup@hot.rr.com Describe collar to claim the dog.

Thank you

ClickaNerd
December 25th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Found on Dec. 24. A kid rang our doorbell, thinking that she was ours. My husband figured it would be safer for her to stay with us for the time being. If you know anyone who's lost a female boxer, please, please let them know to get in touch with me either here or email poundpup@hot.rr.com Describe collar to claim the dog.

Thank you

Can you post a full body shot Liz ?

I have seen him/her before!

poundpup
December 25th, 2013, 11:32 AM

We've named her Sophie for the time being ... I won't publish more than that, because owners will have to answer some questions about the rest of her :)
She is way too precious to go to the wrong hands.

mac
December 25th, 2013, 11:39 AM
too bad she's not chipped...mac

poundpup
December 25th, 2013, 11:46 AM
All scanning places were closed by the time I got home. If I don't find the owners by Saturday, I'll go to one of the vets to get her scanned. She is safe here and obviously not too unhappy :) I just know how her humans must feel ...
I think she has been gone for a while, because her collar was very tight and had caused sores all around the edges. On the top there is fur missing where the collar rubbed.

xzochye
December 25th, 2013, 11:50 AM
All scanning places were closed by the time I got home. If I don't find the owners by Saturday, I'll go to one of the vets to get her scanned. She is safe here and obviously not too unhappy :) I just know how her humans must feel ...
I think she has been gone for a while, because her collar was very tight and had caused sores all around the edges. On the top there is fur missing where the collar rubbed.

Poor baby! Glad someone that cares found her.

Shotgun Jeremy
December 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Part of me wants to offer my home for her if you can't find her owners, but I just don't know what my landlord would say about a third dog. Lol I've always wanted a boxer and keep telling myself as soon as one of my two dies off, i'm getting a boxer.

My dachshund is a rescue as well. There's just something gratifying about giving a dog a better home and improving it physically as well as mentally.

poundpup
December 25th, 2013, 1:24 PM
She is definitely one of those super cool dogs, and I can imagine if I could deal with her one on one as an only dog, she'd be amazing! She picks up on everything I ask of her - but she does sit outside a lot and listens to the street noise. Sometimes she starts pacing along the fence line ... it's sad, she is attached to her humans for sure! ... Hope we find them for her ... and them.

xzochye
December 25th, 2013, 1:32 PM
She is definitely one of those super cool dogs, and I can imagine if I could deal with her one on one as an only dog, she'd be amazing! She picks up on everything I ask of her - but she does sit outside a lot and listens to the street noise. Sometimes she starts pacing along the fence line ... it's sad, she is attached to her humans for sure! ... Hope we find them for her ... and them.

I know you are very familiar with dogs but try taking her on a walk and let her lead you. I found a dog's owners that way. She just kept going back and sniffing at a certain fence. Her owners had no idea she had gotten out.

Shotgun Jeremy
December 25th, 2013, 1:41 PM
Great idea!

mac
December 25th, 2013, 1:50 PM
from what pound pup has........found on the dog, i prob'ly would not be comfortable with turning this dog back over to it's "previous" owners......mac

xzochye
December 25th, 2013, 1:55 PM
from what pound pup has........found on the dog, i prob'ly would not be comfortable with turning this dog back over to it's "previous" owners......mac

As pup said it appears she has been gone for awhile and the collar has rubbed into her. With the amount of info pup has given there is nothing to suggest her owners abused her. :crying

poundpup
December 25th, 2013, 2:26 PM
NO, this dog is definitely not abused. I would give her back to her owners (provided they can verify she's theirs) in a heart beat.
I am thinking this maybe a case where the owner is on vacation and someone was supposed to watch her and either did not latch the gate properly, or she escaped from their sitters.

She prefers to be outside, but when inside she is well behaved. Her doggie manners are lacking, which leads me to believe she is an only dog. But in no way is she abused! I would not try so hard to find her owners if something seemed wrong.

Yve
December 25th, 2013, 4:16 PM
Have you checked posts on Craig's List? I posted there when our cat went missing.

mac
December 25th, 2013, 4:22 PM
NO, this dog is definitely not abused. I would give her back to her owners (provided they can verify she's theirs) in a heart beat.
I am thinking this maybe a case where the owner is on vacation and someone was supposed to watch her and either did not latch the gate properly, or she escaped from their sitters.

She prefers to be outside, but when inside she is well behaved. Her doggie manners are lacking, which leads me to believe she is an only dog. But in no way is she abused! I would not try so hard to find her owners if something seemed wrong.

ok, i guess i don't see a collar thats way too tight and has sores around the edges and fur missing the same way you do. my guess is this is a staked out or tethered dog and was finally able to get away from the folks who tied her up all the time....prob'ly all day. i have seen that type of animal owner here in my own neighborhood and really can't stand it.....mac

poundpup
December 25th, 2013, 4:51 PM
Well, I can't discuss the collar issue without giving away details I need the owners to describe for identification. There are many points to this dog that assure me that she is not being abused, you'll have to trust me. That is why I am thinking she has been stray for a while, or she got the collar new (it is quite new) and the owners did not realize that it was not as comfy as previously thought. I did not see the sores until I removed it. The degree of tightness would be the point of a dog who tends to slip out of her collar if the collar is not secured tightly.

I've dealt with rescue and stray dogs for a couple of decades, and I assure you, she was well taken care of.

Now it may be that ownership was transferred and the new owner is careless ... I don't know - it's all to be found out. I believe in the rule of finders - keepers, losers - weepers... so if I don't feel right about it, I may well decide to hang on to her. My dogs are beginning to like her, she is starting to fit into the pack and my little Polly finally has someone who will play with her and run her ragged.