PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Redskins

CenTexDave
December 22nd, 2013, 2:03 PM
Surprise, surprise. The hapless Skins are beating the equally hapless Cowboys following a hapless Romo interception. Guess he didn't want to wait until late in the 4th quarter to screw it up today. :))

xzochye
December 22nd, 2013, 2:07 PM
I hope the Redskins win.

CenTexDave
December 22nd, 2013, 2:29 PM
So do I. Garrett is standing on the sidelines looking lost as usual. Even the announcers said they don't get it.
This entire team, save a select few, needs to go.

CenTexDave
December 22nd, 2013, 2:55 PM
Game time. 4th and goal from the 10.

CenTexDave
December 22nd, 2013, 2:57 PM
Incredible.

Night Owl
December 22nd, 2013, 3:05 PM
Sorry all you Romo haters. Room came through in the clutch. Cowboys win.

xzochye
December 22nd, 2013, 3:17 PM
Sorry all you Romo haters. Room came through in the clutch. Cowboys win.

Had to happen sometime.

CenTexDave
December 22nd, 2013, 3:28 PM
Every dog has its day.

sojourner truth
December 22nd, 2013, 3:35 PM
When a 7-7 team neats a 3-11 team, it should be by a bit more than 1 point...AND a team using a backup QB at that..Sorriest excuse for a win I have watched all year.

CenTexDave
December 22nd, 2013, 3:45 PM
The two worst defenses in the league, and the score is 24-23??
Maybe the offenses suck too.

sojourner truth
December 22nd, 2013, 7:39 PM
I liked the pregame showw that had the "Romo goggles"..The ones where everyone looks like a wideopen receiver. Or the Cowboys leaf blower..It blows leaves like the Cowboys blow leads. Gotta have one of them.

They sure tried their best to blow another one today, didn't they?

CenTexDave
December 22nd, 2013, 8:08 PM
Yep, but they didn't.
The Eagles are kicking the Bears tonight.
Next Sunday Eagles come to Dallas.

cnjbond
December 23rd, 2013, 3:06 AM
Yep, but they didn't.
The Eagles are kicking the Bears tonight.
Next Sunday Eagles come to Dallas.

Too bad there's no such thing as home filed advantage for the Cowboys in the new stadium where they're barely above .500. The goodnews is that they'll be getting some key players back on defense, so that should help keep some fresh legs in the game after halftime where they collapse. Maybe D Ware has been saving up to have a break out game in the finale OR maybe I'm just falling for the hype again that they will actually play this last game like a team that has something at stake.

sojourner truth
December 23rd, 2013, 10:15 AM
The bench hugging ankle sprainers will come out of the woodwork long enough to endear themselves to Jerry and sew up a healthy obscene salary for one more year. I think we are still paying Dieon Sanders.

Then they will maybe play a game or 2 at the start of the next season, or get injured in training camp, if they even bother to show up, then they will limp off the field for another season.

This script is getting way too familiar with the cowboys.

Still, the Eagles should prove a good match for the boys as they are actually a team that they may be able to beat....I wouldn't put any big money on a Superbowl ring this year though.

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2013, 1:00 PM
I wouldn't put any money on next Sunday's game with the Eagles. Did you see the spanking they gave the Bears last night?

cnjbond
December 23rd, 2013, 1:21 PM
All the good teams are starting to hit their stride this time of year...Dallas, not so much.

sojourner truth
December 23rd, 2013, 1:58 PM
Dallas had a stride this year? :))

Yeah, the Eagles did look pretty good last night. Or maybe it was more like the Bears were uncustomarily stinky...With the Exception of Martellis Bennet..Name sound familiar?:))

gnatsum
December 23rd, 2013, 5:45 PM
There was a news story on the internst a few weeks ago, about a Virginia resident who is a Cowboys fan and a former Texas resident. He requested and GOT a personalized license plate for his Dodge Durango. The plate reads:
'F RG3'
The man lives in Virginia..which is Redskins territory...
Virginia's DMV is looking into voiding the license plate and giving the vehicle owner a new plate number...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24249208/virginia-dmv-investigating-f-rg3-license-plate

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2013, 7:29 PM
Looks like Romo is hurt. Post game interviews had Jones saying his back was hurt; Garrett said his foot. Those two ever on the same sheet?
But ESPN has reported he's out for Sunday's game against the Eagles.

cnjbond
December 23rd, 2013, 11:09 PM
Wow, Dallas has two QBs that choke in December...this will be an interesting finale that's for sure! I wonder if Dallas will be blessed with the "Backup QB Luck" that everyone else has been experiencing?