PDA

View Full Version : How To Do Stuff on CTT

Grammar Rules
December 14th, 2013, 8:13 AM
A newbie is having difficulty with the "edit" feature. I know different browsers and different forum programs either allow or don't allow edits or "likes" and so on. I use the centextalk.com Internet website on my (glitchy) iPad. Tapatalk drives me nuts, and when it disappeared during an iPad "upgrade"--yeah, the one that randomly throws in ! and lower-case when I capitalize letters--I just left if out there in bit-space.

Newbie, here's a screen shot of a post showing the edit feature below. Edit is available for only a short time after posting.

Does anyone have input on the features available or missing from different programs, etc?

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 8:44 AM
There is a thirty minute time limit on editing messages.

If there is something that needs edited after that time limit, send me a PM and I will usually edit it for them.

In Tapatalk, press and hold on the message and some options appear at the top of the page.

In Forum Runner, tapping the top of the message brings up a page with the options that are available.

The most recent Tapatalk HD updates for Android have made it far more superior than Forum Runner. Especially when it comes to the Administrator options.

I use Tapatalk on my Kindle Fire, but there is some quirkiness that I haven't figured out yet.