PDA

View Full Version : UMHB to host Division 3 National Semifinal game!

yankeerunner
December 8th, 2013, 11:41 AM
It just came out…UMHB will host UW-Whitewater in the Division 3 National Semifinal game, kick off is at 2:30 PM and will be aired on ESPN3!

If you are able to make it out to the game it would be great to show the rest of the nation that there are football fans in central Texas!

The forecast is for temps in the upper 50's, a lot better than yesterday when the wind chill was near single digits!

Go Cru!

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Good. Justice finally prevails.

yankeerunner
December 8th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Good. Justice finally prevails.

Good thing you didn't place your bet about The Cru traveling up to Whitewater! :)

cnjbond
December 8th, 2013, 11:51 AM
It just came out…UMHB will host UW-Whitewater in the Division 3 National Semifinal game, kick off is at 2:30 PM and will be aired on ESPN3!

If you are able to make it out to the game it would be great to show the rest of the nation that there are football fans in central Texas!

The forecast is for temps in the upper 50's, a lot better than yesterday when the wind chill was near single digits!

Go Cru!

I wish I was home because I would definitely be there to show support....it's a hidden gem that not many folks appreciate and could actually turn into a boon for Belton if they market them right.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Time for the Cru to get a lot of revenge on Wisconsin-Whitewater.
Stagg Bowl here we come.

Rick
December 8th, 2013, 12:43 PM
This is great news! I'll be there!

Rick
December 9th, 2013, 5:14 PM
I called and bought my tickets at 2:00pm and I asked the young lady if they had been busy and she said, "Oh yes, we have been very busy." That's a good sign. :thumbsup

Liz76513
December 11th, 2013, 11:37 AM
There weren't many of us dedicated fans last Saturday. I did learn that after you toes hurt so bad you could cry from the cold, they quit hurting! Of course I didn't cry, since the tears would have frozen to my face, but you couldn't have seen them since my face was covered by my coat, scarf, and blanket! (Sorry to all English teachers and experts....) Go Cru!!!

Ludwig
December 11th, 2013, 1:28 PM
When the toes quit hurting you are beginning to get frostbite and/or trench foot (if your feet are wet). That's the time to take off your shoes and socks, massage your feet and put on your spare pair of socks you brought along because you are a smart survival expert.

yankeerunner
December 12th, 2013, 11:36 AM
There are still some good tickets left for Saturday's game! The weather should be about 35 degrees warmer than last week! If there is a good turn out, that would go a long ways helping to have future Division 3 Championship games (The Stagg Bowl) here in Belton instead of Salem, VA!

CenTexDave
December 12th, 2013, 2:18 PM
The Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl is the Division III Championship Game and is always held in Salem, VA.
At least the Cru didn't have to go to Wisconsin. I still think if last year's semi against Mount Union would have been played on a neutral site the Cru would have won. Was close right up until the final seconds.

yankeerunner
December 12th, 2013, 10:04 PM
I believe that Salem will be hosting the Stagg Bowl one more year, then it is up for consideration for other venues. Although Salem has hosted the Stagg Bowl since 1993, the talk that I've heard is that Cru Stadium has more to offer than Salem Football Stadium. Salem can seat 7,157 where Cru Stadium can seat 8,766, but can add over 10,000 with standing in the mezzanine. The weather (for the most part) is better in central Texas than Salem, VA. The only downfall that I've heard about moving the Stagg Bowl to Belton is no having an airport close by. But, that is almost a non-issue because Killeen's airport can handle most of the air traffic and there is also Austin's airport as well. I for one would be very happy to have the Stagg Bowl here in central Texas!

CenTexDave
December 13th, 2013, 7:40 AM
I doubt it will happen.
You could hear the howls all the way to Ohio, Wisconsin and Oregon (Mount Union, W-Whitewater, Linfield).
Need a neutral site.

yankeerunner
December 13th, 2013, 11:42 AM
I doubt it will happen.
You could hear the howls all the way to Ohio, Wisconsin and Oregon (Mount Union, W-Whitewater, Linfield).
Need a neutral site.

I say let them howl…it's sort of like with the NFL, the Super Bowl might be at Jerry's Dome and the Cowboys could be playing in the Super Bowl. Now I understand that's not a fair example because it's not very likely that the Cowboys would find themselves in that position. :))

CenTexDave
December 13th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Have it at Jerry World.

JohnKilleen
December 14th, 2013, 9:51 AM
I am out of town....is this game on the radio or internet? Would love to listen to it

yankeerunner
December 14th, 2013, 10:33 AM
I am out of town....is this game on the radio or internet? Would love to listen to it

You can go to: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/id/1312410/launchPlayer/true

or: http://www.cruathletics.com/index.aspx?path=football

CenTexDave
December 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
That sucks. I have DirecTv and neither them nor Dish carry ESPN3. What a scam.

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 2:36 PM
Steam it online. That's the only way to get it.

Game is underway.

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 2:48 PM
Crusaders out to an early 3-0 lead. Go Cru!

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 3:04 PM
Safety for the Cru. 5-0! 2:47 left in the 1st.

CenTexDave
December 14th, 2013, 3:13 PM
5 - 0, Cru, end of the 1st, and they are driving. GO CRU!!!!!!!!!!

CenTexDave
December 14th, 2013, 3:18 PM
Just read Mt. Union beat North Central, IL 41-40. Obviously they can score, but their defense sure gives up a lot.

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 3:34 PM
Ya, that's two weeks on a row for MTU.

5:47 left in the first half, Cru leads 12-0.

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 3:42 PM
Boo, WW scores 12-7.

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 3:53 PM
Halftime.

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 4:27 PM
WW scored missed 2 point conversion, they now lead by one.

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 4:42 PM
Field goal for WW. 16-12 Whitewater. :38 left in the 3rd. Cru will have the wind at their backs for the 4th.

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 5:18 PM
Field goal for the Cru.

CenTexDave
December 14th, 2013, 5:27 PM
Doesn't look good. Damn. But a helluva year for them.

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 5:32 PM
Great season for the Cru. Once again, they came up one game short. Final UWW 16- UMHB 15.

CenTexDave
December 14th, 2013, 5:59 PM
One point short. Damn!!!!

yankeerunner
December 14th, 2013, 9:40 PM
It was a really great and hard fought game! The guys played their hearts out! One can only wonder what the outcome could of been if Diaz had played. It was reported that Diaz had broken team rules and Coach Fredenburg stuck to his guns and held Diaz accountable for his actions and benched him. My hat goes off to Coach Fredenburg, doing something he knew would have a direct effect to the game. Coach Fredenburg's actions shows his character, something that seems to be lacking today in sports! Diaz is now going to have to face his teammates and explain to them how his actions let the team down. All in all The Cru had a great season! The Cru had a great run…not bad since at the begining of the season The Cru wasn't even suppose to have made the playoffs! See you next season! Go Cru!

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 9:44 PM
I don't understand the second half play calling. Almost entirely trying to run up the middle, against those corn fed Wisconsin boys, it's just not going to work. And down by four with five minutes to go, 4th and goal on the three or four, kicking a field goal. Damn that, go for the win.

The officiating, once again, was pathetic. Absolute mauling's by the UWW offensive line and not one was called.

yankeerunner
December 14th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I can't believe that Whitewater didn't have any penalties for the whole entire game! Watching through my binoculars I could see Whitewater's O-Line hold almost every down. They would put their arms up like a normal block, but would grab the jersey around the numbers making it almost impossible for the defensive players to spin around the blocker to get to the quarterback. I don't remember seeing the Referee throw his flag once! Does anyone remember which conference this offical's crew was from? Although it's too late for anything to be done this year, I'd love for the officiating powers to be to review the last three playoffs games and see just how clueless these officials were. If these are the cream of the crop of officials then we are really in a sorry state! Okay I'm now stepping down off my soapbox…for now.

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2013, 8:04 AM
And what did you see when the Cru had the ball? Same stuff?
It took a lot of guts for Fredenberg to hold his best defensive player out for violating team rules. Not many head coaches would do that in the biggest game of the year. He's a helluva good coach and class act.
The Cru will be back.

yankeerunner
December 15th, 2013, 8:44 AM
Of course, The Cru did some holding as well. But, to call a game so one sided is just mind blowing this far into the season. I admire Coach Fredenburg holding out Diaz, he also did the samething for another defensive lineman back in 2004. You are right Dave, there aren't many head coaches that would of done that. I look forward to next year and watch The Cru pick up where they left off! Go Cru! :clap

CenTexDave
December 15th, 2013, 9:15 AM
I've played football at the collegiate level, and understand there is holding virtually on every play. Just call it even and not one-sided and nobody would have problems with it. I watch some of these NFL and college games and see such screwed up refs that I wonder if the speed of the game has gotten the best of them.