PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Getting Stomped

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 8:17 PM
Looks like it will be Florida State and Auburn for all the marbles. :(

kantwin
December 7th, 2013, 8:18 PM
Looks like it will be Florida State and Auburn for all the marbles. :(
Ohio State is making Auburn's case for them.

sojourner truth
December 7th, 2013, 8:30 PM
It ain'tover till it's over....

Although I am rooting for MSU, I never count the Buckeyes out till the last second of the game.

How 'bout them Bears though?

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 8:32 PM
Bears done good.
Oooops - you're right. TD Buckeyes!!!!!!! :)

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 9:24 PM
I just heard a big moan of despair all the way here from Auburn, Alabama. :))

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 9:38 PM
Interception!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 9:51 PM
Buckeyes OL asserting themselves now. This #1 defense is starting to get shredded for huge gains.
24-17 Buckeyes.

yankeerunner
December 7th, 2013, 10:26 PM
It looks like Ohio State is starting to implode. Someone should tell Ohio State that they need to win the game at hand before they play for the national title!

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 10:35 PM
The defensive secondary has been their achilles heal all year, just as it is tonight.
Quit trying to get cute and do what they do best - ram the ball forward for 6 or 7 yards a pop.
It ain't over yet.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Now it's over.
Expletive deleted.

yankeerunner
December 7th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I think Langford just put in the final nails in Ohio State's coffin!

kantwin
December 7th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Now it's over. Expletive deleted.
SEC headed for their 8th straight.

Night Owl
December 7th, 2013, 10:59 PM
It was a good game. And Auburn better not be counting any chickens.

Night Owl
December 7th, 2013, 11:02 PM
OSU finally played a ranked team and got beat. OSU has been over rated all year. The Big Ten isn't the conference they used to be just like the Big 12.

Night Owl
December 7th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Go Baylor!

kantwin
December 7th, 2013, 11:03 PM
OSU finally played a ranked team and got beat. OSU has been over rated all year. The Big Ten isn't the conference they used to be just like the Big 12.
SEC
SEC
SEC

Rick
December 7th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Oh please kantwin. You all but disappeared after your "roll tide" puked on the field.

Ohio State forgot to show up. Lousy play calling did them in.

Glad it happened tonight because they would have been totally embarrassed in the national championshp game.

And you Texas fans, have a lot to celebrate now don't you? Not!

cnjbond
December 8th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Sounds like some OSU fans on this forum need a hug right about now!! :poke

kantwin
December 8th, 2013, 7:02 AM
Oh please kantwin. You all but disappeared after your "roll tide" puked on the field.

Glad it happened tonight because they would have been totally embarrassed in the national championshp game.

Disappeared?
Hardly. Since the Iron Bowl, I have made posts every day. Several in the thread that Mr Bond started about the Iron Bowl. I even made jokes about it. Sounds to me like you are a typical hater.
At least the team that beat Alabama will be playing for the National Championship.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 7:25 AM
I guess you don't follow college ball much. Both Northwestern and Wisconsin were ranked when they played Ohio State. I agree the Big Ten isn't as good as it used to be. Nobody expected Penn State to go through what they have, and everyone thought Nebraska might actually be real good like they used to. A decade ago everyone was saying the Big Ten was the "Big Two" - just Michigan and Ohio State. That has changed and much more parity now.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 7:29 AM

I agree about some lousy play calling. After getting the lead with the power run game, they went away from it. That makes no sense to me. I will say Michigan State stepped it up after they lost the lead. They could have figured "oh well, here we go again" but took it to Ohio State.
Ohio State will still probably get a BCS bowl game - probably Orange Bowl.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 8:01 AM
There were a number of firsts in that game:
- First time a team ran for more than 100 yards against MSU. Both Hyde and Miller did.
- First time a RB ran for more than 100 against Ohio State. Langford did. Of course, most of that was on his last run for that TD. Up until then he was pretty well shut down.
- First loss in 2 years.
Just time to start another winning streak.

Rick
December 8th, 2013, 8:17 AM
Disappeared?
Hardly. Since the Iron Bowl, I have made posts every day. Several in the thread that Mr Bond started about the Iron Bowl. I even made jokes about it. Sounds to me like you are a typical hater.
At least the team that beat Alabama will be playing for the National Championship.
Sounds like the Roll Tiders still need a hug. :378bigarmhug:

kantwin
December 8th, 2013, 8:28 AM
Sounds like the Roll Tiders still need a hug. :378bigarmhug:

Nah. The sun still comes up in the morning.

Rick
December 8th, 2013, 9:01 AM
You can thank the mighty Crusaders for that. :))

We have a guy at work who every day, would walk by and sing the praises of the laundry detergent. We did not see him at all last week.

I knew it was only a matter of time before Ohio State would lose. I only wish it had happened earlier in the season and not for the Big 10 championship. Teams can't help it if all the other teams in their conference suck and they have to play them. But they had three "practice" games this season because all that matters are those fictitious "style points" that teams are supposed to be playing for.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 9:12 AM
They may have been over rated as Owl thinks, but you don't win 24 in a row by being mediocre. They'll start another streak.
Next year the Big Ten reorganizes. Michigan State will be in the same division. Will be a revenge game.

kantwin
December 8th, 2013, 9:13 AM
I think the "style points" are geared mainly for those teams that play the "flashy" way, like Oregon, Auburn, and Florida State.
The teams that play the typical smash mouth football, like many in the Big 10, and Alabama, for that matter, don't get those points, because they play typical football.

Rick
December 8th, 2013, 9:33 AM
I think the "style point system" is only in existence in order to give the appearance that the Saturday morning talking heads know what they are talking about.

bbh
December 8th, 2013, 9:54 AM
....And you Texas fans, have a lot to celebrate now don't you? Not!

Yes we do! As of 9:00 p.m. last night, this was the Austin-American headline:

"Bohls: Plain and simple, it’s time for Mack Brown to go"

Just ONE of the reasons I'm glad Baylor won!!!

Go Bears!

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Mack was going irregardless if Texas won or not. Deloss Dodds is retiring. Won't be there to protect old Mack anymore.
Be interesting to see who they hire. They waited too long to grab Peterson from Boise State. So now this will just fuel the Nick Saban debate again.

Night Owl
December 8th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Give Mac his due. He came in when Texas was way down and brought them back. I agree he needs to go but Mac was what Texas needed when they hired him. Also, there have been no major scandals under his watch. OSU can't say that, neither can Alabama or FSU.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Major scandals? True, but only because he got rid of Ramonce Taylor. lol
I never understood why Texas hired him in the first place. He came from North Carolina where he had mediocre teams. Hell, anyone at Texas should be successful with the amount of talent in this state to recruit. He was a masterful recruiter and landed Vince Young and Colt McCoy, had excellent assistants who ended up leaving for their own head coaching jobs and that seemed to start the downfall.
Whoever they hire will come into a program with a wealth of talent and one of the hottest recruiting areas.

cnjbond
December 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Give Mac his due. He came in when Texas was way down and brought them back. I agree he needs to go but Mac was what Texas needed when they hired him. Also, there have been no major scandals under his watch. OSU can't say that, neither can Alabama or FSU.

It may not be considered a MAJOR scandal but there was some questions surrounding Cedric Benson while he was at t.u...a marijuana possession charge that was later dropped because a friend "claimed" it was his and not Cedric's and there was also a trespassing charge.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 11:55 AM
And Benson never could stay out of trouble.
But I will say this about Mack - if he had a trouble maker on the team he dealt with him. Thus, Ramonce Taylor was gone quick.
Now if only that idiot Terrell Pryor had not wanted a tattoo................................:)