PDA

View Full Version : Dear God: It's me, the Dog

Ludwig
December 7th, 2013, 3:18 PM
Dear God:

Is it on purpose that Our Names are spelled the same, only in reverse?

Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another?

When we get to Heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or will it be the same old story?

Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE named for a Dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We love a nice car ride! Would it be so hard to rename the 'Chrysler Eagle' the 'Chrysler Beagle'?

If a Dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad Dog?

We Dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent IDs, electromagnetic energy fields, and Frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand?

More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.

Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?

Here is a list of just some of the things I must remember to be a good Dog:

1. I will not eat the cat's food before he eats it or after he throws it up.

2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc., just because I like the way they smell.

3. The Litter Box is not a cookie jar.

4. The sofa is not a 'face towel'.

5. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.

6. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.

7. Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way of saying 'hello'.

8. I don't need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm under the coffee table.

9. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house - not after.

10. I will not come in from outside, and immediately drag my butt across the carpet.

11. I will not sit in the middle of the living room, and lick my crotch.

12. The cat is not a 'squeaky toy', so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.

P.S. Dear God: When I get to Heaven, will I still be neutered?

Grammar Rules
December 7th, 2013, 3:31 PM
One of mine learned today that if she pulls the stuffing out of the quilt provided for her to lie on in the den, she gets to go back outside in the 26' weather.

IronErnin
December 7th, 2013, 4:57 PM
That should teach you to not wash it in floral scented Downy, bad, Grammar! :(;)

Night Owl
December 7th, 2013, 6:53 PM
All dogs will go to heaven. All cats won't.:))

mac
December 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM
All dogs will go to heaven. All cats won't.:))

i would take it even a step further and say that"not only will all cats not go to heaven, No cat will".......mac

xzochye
December 8th, 2013, 1:13 PM
i would take it even a step further and say that"not only will all cats not go to heaven, No cat will".......mac

I'm so glad my heaven is different than yours.

Scarlett
December 8th, 2013, 1:21 PM

My dog. ;)

Ludwig
December 8th, 2013, 1:35 PM
If I could figure out how to put pictures in my posts I'd show you my dogs and my cat.

BTW: Nice looking dog, Scarlett. He looks almost like a cat. :))

xzochye
December 8th, 2013, 1:41 PM
If I could figure out how to put pictures in my posts I'd show you my dogs and my cat.

BTW: Nice looking dog, Scarlett. He looks almost like a cat. :))

Are you on a phone or computer?

Ludwig
December 8th, 2013, 3:42 PM
Computer, PC, Windows 7

xzochye
December 8th, 2013, 3:46 PM
If you look at the little tool bar that is above where you type you will see a little picture. To me it looks like a frame with a picture in it (3rd over from the right). You click on it and then follow the prompts. Select filr, find your pic and then upload.

Ludwig
December 8th, 2013, 4:05 PM
If you look at the little tool bar that is above where you type you will see a little picture. To me it looks like a frame with a picture in it (3rd over from the right). You click on it and then follow the prompts. Select filr, find your pic and then upload.

I think I got it. Thanks. 4167

Scarlett
December 8th, 2013, 4:21 PM
That's an odd looking dog, Lud.

Ludwig
December 8th, 2013, 5:16 PM
That's an odd looking dog, Lud.

Watch out how you talk about my momma! That's just a test picture. My puppies will follow later.

Scarlett
December 8th, 2013, 6:29 PM
I fear that now that Ludwig has been taught how to post pics, we have unleashed the Kraken!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb2zIR2rvRQ

Ludwig
December 8th, 2013, 6:59 PM
I fear that now that Ludwig has been taught how to post pics, we have unleashed the Kraken!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb2zIR2rvRQ

No. I will not abuse you folks with my pictures. But here are the promised ones:

Scarlett
December 8th, 2013, 7:41 PM
Here's my other cat on the weekend...

Scarlett
December 8th, 2013, 7:49 PM
Lud your dog must be part of the same breed as mine!!

rubytuesday
December 8th, 2013, 8:09 PM
Two of my babies:

Ludwig
December 8th, 2013, 8:15 PM
Lud your dog must be part of the same breed as mine!!

IDK. Mine are registered Shih Tzu.

Imagine
December 8th, 2013, 8:28 PM
Well, ok. Since it's show and tell time, here's my little angel doggie (literally angel).

Imagine
December 8th, 2013, 8:31 PM
Whoops. Some how I clicked too many photos. Sorry Rick and Scarlett; I promise I won't post any more pics.

PS. Christmas last year.

Scarlett
December 8th, 2013, 8:50 PM
Don't be sorry. This is turning into the best thread yet!!!

siamcat
December 8th, 2013, 9:18 PM
Love seeing all the pictures. Trying to figure out how to do it, so bear with me.

Ok, my dog meeting a cow and my cat as painted by my daughter.

Night Owl
December 8th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Your daughter has talent.

Grammar Rules
December 8th, 2013, 10:57 PM

Mine...pest control experts.

Imagine
December 9th, 2013, 6:10 AM
What's not to like about furry critters? Except, of course, the rodent(s) that are smarter than I am. Wonder if I could get him to pose for a glamour shot? :)

If that one mystifies you, you can follow my adventures on the "Oh, Rats" thread

Ludwig
December 9th, 2013, 6:11 AM
The snake is harmless and serves a useful propose in rodent management. They also make a good snack for other animals higher up the food chain.

Imagine
December 9th, 2013, 6:16 AM
Haven't thought too highly of snakes since my oldest sister Eve had a run in with one. That snake "done her wrong," and she fell for it.

Imagine
December 9th, 2013, 6:43 AM
Love seeing all the pictures. Trying to figure out how to do it, so bear with me.

Ok, my dog meeting a cow and my cat as painted by my daughter.

Did she do this at the Painting with a Twist? I think I want to sign up for one of their sessions where you paint a portrait of your pet from a picture.

Grammar Rules
December 9th, 2013, 6:44 AM
It was a rat snake, Ludwig, and I shooed off the dogs so it could continue on its way. My dogs don't discriminate among snakes, and they will poke their noses into the coils of a rattling rattlesnake. So far, I've managed to scream at them until they back off.

Imagine, shall I try to trap the next rat snake I see for you? ;)

Grammar Rules
December 9th, 2013, 6:49 AM

My cats want equal time. Here they are soaking up some rays.

Ludwig
December 9th, 2013, 7:08 AM

I would appreciate that. I'll release it at my daughter's farm in the feed room.

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2013, 9:13 AM
This is mine.

He's older now. I found him 13 years ago where I used to work in Leander. Was just hanging around the building, someone said he'd been around for a few days, so was obviously just dumped. Bought him some food and he wouldn't leave my side. Tossed him in my car and brought him home. I figured if he was still here in a few days I would take him to the vet, which I did, and the vet examined him and figured he was about two years old at the time, was neutered, and was in generally excellent health. He's my buddy.

xzochye
December 9th, 2013, 11:59 AM
This is mine.

He's older now. I found him 13 years ago where I used to work in Leander. Was just hanging around the building, someone said he'd been around for a few days, so was obviously just dumped. Bought him some food and he wouldn't leave my side. Tossed him in my car and brought him home. I figured if he was still here in a few days I would take him to the vet, which I did, and the vet examined him and figured he was about two years old at the time, was neutered, and was in generally excellent health. He's my buddy.

He is beautiful!

xzochye
December 9th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Okay here is my zoo. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/y8yqequh.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/5upapa2u.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/sezejuzy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/a7uvaguz.jpg

Grammar Rules
December 9th, 2013, 12:33 PM
My brown tabby looked like one of yours when he was, oh, about 17 years younger. :)

Imagine
December 9th, 2013, 12:35 PM
It was a rat snake, Ludwig, and I shooed off the dogs so it could continue on its way. My dogs don't discriminate among snakes, and they will poke their noses into the coils of a rattling rattlesnake. So far, I've managed to scream at them until they back off.

Ummm. Snake versus rat. Tough choice. How do I get rid of the snake once he's gotten rid of the rat? So actually no choice

Imagine
December 9th, 2013, 12:36 PM
This is mine.

Yep. He definitely looks like the master of his world.

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2013, 12:59 PM
That he is. You want rid of that rat? Guaranteed results. One morning I freaked out when I got up, walked down the hallway and took a glance in the kids' bathroom. There was half of one of the largest rats I have even seen - head down to behind its front legs. He used to go into the woods and down the hill behind the house and clean out the vermin. One time a few years ago he came through the doggie door with a huge lizard in his mouth. My daughter screamed, startled him so he dropped it, the lizard started running around so my daughter pushed open the patio door and out runs the lizard. The cat goes half the speed of light through the doggie door after him. lol
He's slowed down now. About one year ago tangled with a raccoon and got his butt kicked pretty good. But I also saw the raccoon a couple of days later and he was all beat up too. lol

xzochye
December 9th, 2013, 1:10 PM
Yikes! Sorry the pics are so big! I uploaded from my phone! Uhmmm Rick? LOL

mac
December 9th, 2013, 1:26 PM
good Lord! is that cat on the kitchen counter?.....mac

Okay here is my zoo. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/y8yqequh.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/5upapa2u.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/sezejuzy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/a7uvaguz.jpg

xzochye
December 9th, 2013, 1:54 PM
good Lord! is that cat on the kitchen counter?.....mac

Nope, she is in the sink and preventing me from finishing my housework...lol.

Scarlett
December 9th, 2013, 3:35 PM
Anyone who owns a cat and thinks their cat doesn't get on the counters is delusional. ALL cats get on counters....maybe not when you are home, but they do!

mac
December 9th, 2013, 5:54 PM
Nope, she is in the sink and preventing me from finishing my housework...lol.

kitchen sink?

mac
December 9th, 2013, 5:56 PM
i kinda s'pect that's true. in fact, it's my guess that if you have a cat in the house there is absolutely NO place that cat hasn't been in or on....mac

Anyone who owns a cat and thinks their cat doesn't get on the counters is delusional. ALL cats get on counters....maybe not when you are home, but they do!

Scarlett
December 9th, 2013, 6:01 PM
My son left his dresser drawer open yesterday....I found one of our cats sound asleep on top of the PJ's.
I am one of the blessed ones....my cats seem to not notice the large tree in the living room covered in what, apparently according to every other cat owner I know, is cat toys. They haven't touched the tree. Weird. But I usually find them in weird places or way up high on top of things. For the life of me, I can't imagine how they get UP on the schrank the way they do....but they are there quite often.

siamcat
December 9th, 2013, 6:24 PM
Did she do this at the Painting with a Twist? I think I want to sign up for one of their sessions where you paint a portrait of your pet from a picture.

No, she did this at home a few years ago. Took her to Painting with a Twist but it was too limited for her. Her picture was amazing, I'll have to see if they have advanced classes.

Imagine
December 9th, 2013, 6:51 PM
No, she did this at home a few years ago. Took her to Painting with a Twist but it was too limited for her. Her picture was amazing, I'll have to see if they have advanced classes.

Wow.

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2013, 7:05 PM
Mine has finally gotten old and mellowed. Used to climb the Christmas tree and play with the blinking star on top, then jump over to the top of the curtains and sit on the curtain road. lol

xzochye
December 9th, 2013, 7:13 PM
Mine has finally gotten old and mellowed. Used to climb the Christmas tree and play with the blinking star on top, then jump over to the top of the curtains and sit on the curtain road. lol

My 2 oldest never cared about it. Now this kitten we recently adopted...oh my! I went and bought double sided tape and put it ever under the tree and on the bottom branches. Seems to be doing the job.

Night Owl
December 9th, 2013, 7:16 PM
This started as a DOG thread and now everyone is talking about stinking flippin' cats.

Oh wait this is CTT isn't it.:)):))

Grammar Rules
December 9th, 2013, 7:20 PM
Maybe you'd prefer we talk about OWLS?

I think not....:O)

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2013, 7:49 PM
We changed the subject because we know how much The Owl likes cats. :)

siamcat
December 9th, 2013, 8:16 PM
This started as a DOG thread and now everyone is talking about stinking flippin' cats.

Oh wait this is CTT isn't it.:)):))

That's because cats are cool. Had one years ago that fetched.:)

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2013, 9:09 PM
I was trying to teach mine to fetch me a beer from the fridge, but by the time he retrieved it he had drank it all. :)) :glug::glug:

siamcat
December 9th, 2013, 9:53 PM
Don't tell my dog to fetch a beer. He's a lush:)

Imagine
December 10th, 2013, 5:34 AM
Mine would've come back with Smoky if I had asked him to fetch me a beer. What can I say? I said he was adorable; I never claimed he was smart. He was rather like the dog in the "Garfield" comic strip...always friendly, always playful, with a sixth sense of when I was stressed or down in the dumps, but intelligent? He was adorably clueless.

Night Owl
December 10th, 2013, 11:54 AM
We changed the subject because we know how much The Owl likes cats. :)
Yea, I like one or two a day, depending on size. Nice and juicy.:))

mac
December 10th, 2013, 11:59 AM
actually, they kind of taste like rabbit.....jack rabbit, not cotton tail.....mac

Yea, I like one or two a day, depending on size. Nice and juicy.:))

Ludwig
December 10th, 2013, 2:26 PM
The Chinese seem to like cat for dinner. If the need arises, I will eat cat also but I try to make it my practice not to eat carnivores and limit my consumption of omnivores like chicken and pork. In all cases, the first order is survival.

CenTexDave
December 10th, 2013, 5:53 PM
Believe it or not, I know a guy who has. Said it is delicious. Yuck. :))

mac
December 10th, 2013, 6:07 PM
Believe it or not, I know a guy who has. Said it is delicious. Yuck. :))

it was the preferred meat of the old mountain men, more so even than buffalo hump or beaver tail.....mac (direct descendent of old joe meek)....mac

prideworks
December 12th, 2013, 8:05 PM
I'm so glad my heaven is different than yours.

Dogs have owners; cats have staff.....8-;

Ludwig
December 12th, 2013, 10:34 PM
My cat tolerated me in the past. I took him in to get "snipped," de-clawed, and chipped today. I dread his attitude when I pick him up from the vet tomorrow.

Grammar Rules
December 13th, 2013, 5:09 AM
Give him a nice treat and he will forgive you. Maybe.

Imagine
December 13th, 2013, 5:31 AM
Poor baby.

Grammar Rules
December 13th, 2013, 6:29 AM
My cats are neutered and declawed, but not chipped. Since declawed cats have no means of defense, owners traditionally keep them as indoor pets, exclusively. Just curious, Ludwig, why did they chip your cat?

Is he a golden Abyssinian singing feline who might be cat-napped? Wait, that's wrong....kidnapped? Stolen?

Ludwig
December 13th, 2013, 8:30 AM
He is an indoor cat but he is very fast and does not respond to voice commands thus I fear he might escape.

xzochye
December 13th, 2013, 9:39 AM
Where did you get him declawed at? Do you know the price for just declawing?

I am trying to decide if I should get my kitten declawed. She doesn't scratch on anything but I don't want her to start either. My vet is outrageously expensive for declawing.

CenTexDave
December 13th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Declawing is expensive and very painful for the kitten.
Just get it a scratch post and try to train it to use the post.
Mine usually goes outside to my pile of firewood and tries to shred a log. If I catch him in the house trying it all I have to do is give him the look with a "Ehhh!" and he's running.

Ludwig
December 13th, 2013, 11:02 AM
My vet is Dr. Murray at the Aztec Vet Clinic in Harker Heights. I will check on the de-claw only when I pick my eunuch at 3 this p. m.

Scarlett
December 13th, 2013, 3:29 PM
I also go to Dr. Murray at Aztec. Both my cats were fixed and de-clawed there.
It's a lot less painful for them to get that done than it is to deal with my wrath if they shred my furniture!
My cats recovered very quickly. The big one still goes outside...she refuses to stay IN. But for over 4 years she goes out, roams around her hood, and knocks on the door when she is ready to come back in. It freaks my friends out...it sounds just like a person knocking on the door...and when I open it, the cat strolls in giving me the typical cat look of, "What took you so long, human?"
If I don't answer fast enough, she will go around and knock on the back door. If I ignore that one, and I have already gone to bed, she goes to my bedroom window and knocks on it until I go to the back door and let her in. She is rather persistent...it is either let her in or stay awake listening to her knocking!

CenTexDave
December 13th, 2013, 6:02 PM
Get a doggie door. They are worth their weight in gold.

siamcat
December 13th, 2013, 6:43 PM
My cat usually didn't look at me for a day or two after a vet visit.

He went outside too, but learned that if he didn't come in before we went to bed he was stuck in the garage, since we left it open just a bit for him to crawl under. The next morning he would protest at being left outside, but after a while he learned to come in when it was cold.

The knocking thing is freaky:).

xzochye
December 13th, 2013, 6:57 PM
Get a doggie door. They are worth their weight in gold.

I installed a doggie door into a closet that we never use. Now that is where the litter box is, all nice contained and hidden. :-)

Scarlett
December 13th, 2013, 6:58 PM
She stands on her hind legs and rat-a-tat-tats away with her front paws. Loudly!!!

Ludwig
December 13th, 2013, 7:21 PM
.... Do you know the price for just declawing? ...

I paid only $147 for the combo declawing and 'nad snipping. I forgot to ask about the cost for declaw only but will take care of that tomorrow. Poor guys feet bother him so much, they're in booties until tomorrow, that I don't think it even misses the nether parts. The dogs keep trying to tell it that there's something missing but it gets lost in the translation.

prideworks
December 13th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I have two that are outside cats...I can't bring them inside cause they hate each other and start marking...The older one; Sweetie, has a habit of crawling up to my bedroom window and screaming(and I mean screaming) at me....to open the door.

Grammar Rules
December 14th, 2013, 8:00 AM
Aren't they less likely to mark or spray if they're neutered before kitty puberty? My old guys have never done that. Any cat that sprayed in my house would get to walk The Green Mile.

Ludwig
December 14th, 2013, 9:02 AM
Where did you get him declawed at? Do you know the price for just declawing?

At the Aztec Vet Hospital the price for declawing the front feet is $83.50 and the pain meds an additional $15. FWIW it costs less to castrate.

xzochye
December 14th, 2013, 9:20 AM
At the Aztec Vet Hospital the price for declawing the front feet is $83.50 and the pain meds an additional $15. FWIW it costs less to castrate.

Thanks, appreciate it.

CenTexDave
December 14th, 2013, 9:48 AM
Why, you gonna get Ludwig declawed and castrated? :)

Ludwig
December 14th, 2013, 1:59 PM
Too late. Wife's already done that. ;)

Rick
December 14th, 2013, 6:26 PM
Here's my trained assassin.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/15/teny2eby.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/15/ba5abape.jpg

Night Owl
December 14th, 2013, 7:02 PM
Cute puppy.

siamcat