PDA

View Full Version : UMHB vs. St. John Fisher

yankeerunner
December 6th, 2013, 9:53 PM
Well The Cru will play St. John Fisher out of New York for the D3 National Quarter Finals Saturday. Who's going to win this contest? Even though St. John Fisher is from upstate New York and play in the cold it is a different cold. The cold in New York is a dry cold while the cold the game will be played in will be a wet cold. It's a whole different type cold. I think that The Cru have the edge for the game. Now that Marcus Wimby will be back The Cru will be able to run the Wild Cat formation, giving UMHB one more weapon to use during the game. I don't think it will be a large point spread, but I do think that The Cru will come out on top at the end of the game! Go Cru, clip the wings of the Cardinals!

Ludwig
December 6th, 2013, 9:59 PM
Who knows what mighty warriors St. John Fisher has? Since they have not had much opportunity to scout St. John Fisher, it will be difficult to work out a strategy for success beforehand. Thus, the first half will be a "sand lot" ball game. Hopefully the Cru will have a win producing arsenal to bring to the second half.

CenTexDave
December 6th, 2013, 10:09 PM
They're a good team, but the Cru is a great team.
Cru advances to the semis.

Rick
December 7th, 2013, 4:01 AM
I'll be there, with a thermos full of hot chocolate. Brrrrr!

cnjbond
December 7th, 2013, 9:38 AM
I'll be there, with a thermos full of hot chocolate. Brrrrr!
You sure that's all that'll be in that thermos?!!! :)

Rick
December 7th, 2013, 11:21 AM
It's very tempting...haha

Rick
December 7th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Here we go.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/08/se5yje7u.jpg

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Big UMHB crowd there??
Doesn't look like much on St. John's sideline.:)

Night Owl
December 7th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Cru by 31.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Cru is currently up 12-0 in the first.
However, check this one out: Halftime - Mt. Union-40, Wesley-20

Rick
December 7th, 2013, 12:42 PM
End of the first, a safety, FG and TD has the Cru leading 12-0. All defense so far. Time for the offense to wake up.

Meanwhile, Linfield is leading Whitewater, 17-7.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 1:03 PM
Assuming both the Cru and Linfield win, who hosts next week?

Rick
December 7th, 2013, 1:18 PM
I don't know. I think it'll be here.

Halftime, 19-6.

Linfield leading 17-14.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 1:22 PM
I hope you're correct. They don't need to be headed to Linfield, or to Wisconsin.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 1:25 PM
Interesting - Mt. Union-48, Wesley-27. Maybe Mt. Union's defense isn't that great this year.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 1:33 PM
More interesting, now is 48-34 Mt. Union. 4th quarter there just starting.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 2:10 PM
Guess Mt. Union woke up - 63-34
UW-Whitewater now beating Linfield 21-17

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 2:12 PM
62-43 now, Mt. Union

Rick
December 7th, 2013, 2:16 PM
Wesley tried, but MTU sure woke up, so did Whitewater.

After 3, Cru leading 31-12.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 2:20 PM
62-59, Mt. Union.
Obviously Mt. Union has no pass defense. That is the way to beat them.

Rick
December 7th, 2013, 2:21 PM
Wesley has come back. Now only trails by 3. 62-59.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 2:34 PM
It is over. But something like 8 TD passes for Wesley. Obviously if the Cru plays those Purple People Eaters they need to pass the ball.
Big surprise ( or is it??) - Oklahoma has defeated Ok State 33-24. Opens the door for Baylor to win the Big 12, and that starts in a minute.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 2:42 PM
UW-Whitewater gonna beat Linfield. 1:30 left, and an 11 point lead.

Rick
December 7th, 2013, 3:04 PM
45-23, this Ricksicle will be heading to the truck in one minute thirty one seconds.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 3:06 PM
Congrats, Cru.
Ought to get the home field for the semis next week. :)

yankeerunner
December 7th, 2013, 8:51 PM
Congratulations to The Cru for a hard fought win today! It was sad that not only did The Cru play St. John Fisher, it seemed that they also had the refs making any kind of run hard. The refs were just not willing to call hardly any holding against SJF!

Now waiting to see who will host Saturday's game, Whitewater or The Cru, is like making a play by play with your eyes closed. The Selection Committee won't post the seeds so one can just look at the brackets and tell right away who will be hosting. We are at the mercy of the Selection Committee and have to accept whatever they decide.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 8:56 PM
I thought the highest ranking team is supposed to be the host. The Cru was ranked #2 or #3, depending which poll you follow, ahead of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
If this selection committee doesn't give the game to Belton I'd file a damn lawsuit against them. There is absolutely no justification to give it to W-W.

yankeerunner
December 7th, 2013, 9:14 PM
I thought the highest ranking team is supposed to be the host. The Cru was ranked #2 or #3, depending which poll you follow, ahead of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
If this selection committee doesn't give the game to Belton I'd file a damn lawsuit against them. There is absolutely no justification to give it to W-W.

By the selection committee not listing the seeds they are able to choose which ever team they want and without knowing the seeds we can't argue otherwise.

Although I don't agree with it, I see how when dealing with the first round of the playoffs the selection committee will move teams around so the least number of teams have to fly to their first game. Their goal is to try to have most of the teams bused if they are under 500 miles apart from each other.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 9:19 PM
It's a screwed up system.

yankeerunner
December 7th, 2013, 9:32 PM
It's a screwed up system.

Yes it is! It needs to be fixed, but not sure how. The NCAA is a group that is hard to get to the bottom of anything.

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 9:36 PM
Years ago the major colleges sued them because of their stupid rule that teams could only appear on national TV once each season. Thus was born the College Football Association.
Same things needs to happen for the FCS, Div II and Div III. The NCAA is a regulatory body - they should have nothing to do with the actual playoffs.

Rick
December 7th, 2013, 11:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing about the refs once again. They definitely didn't call it the same for both sides.

Crusader offense was flat and the defense seemed to get tired. I think they are in good shape for the future given that Anderson is only a sophomore. He just had a bad game today. When SJF got close, and pinned the Cru back, I got worried. But that didn't last too long.

I think there's at least a chance that UMHB will host next week. They are the only team to plow through the playoffs thus far.

Even if they have to go to Wisconsin, today's game was a good "warmup" for the weather.

I was pleased to see all the fans who stuck it out in that weather. It was cold and they stayed until the end. The cold really hit me in the 3rd. I couldn't feel my toes and I had hand warmers in my shoes...haha.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I hope you are correct, but after following this for the past few years I'd be willing to bet that the Cru will be traveling to Wisconsin.
The NCAA seems to have prejudice against UMHB. Their seedings make no sense to me. Last year the same - #1 and #2 facing each other in the semis. Sounds like part of the BCS to me - Big Crock of Sh*t.
I have stated this on the DivIII website and had analysts on there agree. They don't understand it either.

Rick
December 8th, 2013, 1:38 PM
Spread the word! We need to fill the stadium.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 2:54 PM
The stadium or the gymnasium? :)

Rick
December 8th, 2013, 5:10 PM
Maybe the place will be so full they will use the gym for overflow and watch it on TV.

From D3 Football.com

Mount Union and Mary Hardin-Baylor are the hosts for the semifinals, set for noon ET and 2:30 p.m. CT and airing on ESPN3. (http://d3football.com/playoffs/2013/headlines)

Ludwig
December 8th, 2013, 5:26 PM
I'm happy that it will be telecast. I love to watch a good football game but I hate those uncomfortable environments in which most games are played. Besides, I get a better view of the action on my T.V. than in the stadium, even if I had a 50-yard line ticket, and the beer and popcorn are readily at hand. Fight fiercely Cru!

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 6:04 PM
The semis on TV??? Ludwig, I think Rick meant CCTV in the school's gym.

xzochye
December 8th, 2013, 6:38 PM
The semis on TV??? Ludwig, I think Rick meant CCTV in the school's gym.

It's going to be aired on ESPN3.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 6:55 PM
Neat. Thanks.