PDA

View Full Version : Roll Tide

cnjbond
November 30th, 2013, 6:55 PM
Auburn and Alabama played one for the ages...that was a great game but I can't believe it was won on a return from a missed field goal, that was CRAZY!!!

kantwin
November 30th, 2013, 7:00 PM
That was nuts.

bbh
November 30th, 2013, 7:08 PM
Makes me sad. I really wish McCarron could win the Heisman.

Rick
November 30th, 2013, 7:15 PM
He still could. He didn't have a thing to do with the boneheaded call to kick a field goal.

That was one hell of a finish.

So was the Ohio State game.

As for the polls, I fully expect Auburn to jump to #2, Alabama to drop to #3, and Ohio State to drop to #4.

My son says I am crazy...lol

CenTexDave
November 30th, 2013, 7:27 PM
You may be correct Rick. I'm the world's biggest Buckeye fan, but even I admit that defense sucks. At least they finally made a play at the end of the game to win it.
That Bama loss came one week too early for the Buckeyes. If it would have happened in the SEC Championship Game next Saturday against Mizzou or South Carolina it would have sent the Buckeyes up to number 2, assuming, of course, that Ohio State takes care of their business next Saturday against Michigan State - the country's best defense.
BBH - McCarron could still win it. He played an outstanding game - 99 yard TD pass and all. The other contenders didn't do much today - Baylor's Petty had a mediocre game against a crappy TCU team (Baylor won), that RB from Boston College didn't do a thing, FSU's Winston had a good game, but he may be in prison soon (lol). Johnny Football is playing now. If Carlos Hyde, Ohio State RB, had played the entire season he'd be a major player in the Heisman also. 225 yards against Michigan today.
It all just goes to show you that on any given Saturday - UPSET. Penn State beat Wisconsin today. That never should have happened either.

bbh
November 30th, 2013, 8:38 PM
Dave and Rick....I hope you guys are right about McCarron. I like to see a Heisman winner with talent AND real character.

sojourner truth
November 30th, 2013, 8:52 PM
The post game interview with the Tide coach was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop...At least coach took most of the blame for the call.

Funniest thing about it was that Auburn had been practicing very hard for just such a blown FG attempt for a long time.

The faces on the Tide fans faces was something to see. If you open the dictionary to the word "stunned", all you would have to do is show that picture.

CenTexDave
December 1st, 2013, 8:35 AM
Saban did show class in the interview.
But I can see a scenario play out where Bama could still be in the BCS championship - Mizzou beats Auburn in the SEC championship game, Michigan State beats Ohio State in the Big Ten championship game.
Would leave Florida State as the only undefeated team (don't count Northern Illinois). Who they gonna face then?? I doubt Mizzou.

cnjbond
December 1st, 2013, 8:55 AM
Dave and Rick....I hope you guys are right about McCarron. I like to see a Heisman winner with talent AND real character.

Johnny Football was a real character with talent... :)

CenTexDave
December 1st, 2013, 9:22 AM
A real talent with character issues you mean.
I think as long as this Jameis Winston, FSU QB, is not in jail come Heisman time he walks away with it.

cnjbond
December 1st, 2013, 9:46 AM
A real talent with character issues you mean.
I think as long as this Jameis Winston, FSU QB, is not in jail come Heisman time he walks away with it.
The voters won't touch him, they made that mistake already with Johnny, although his off the field issues fail in comparison to what Winston is being accused of doing.

CenTexDave
December 1st, 2013, 10:40 AM
Most definitely. Winston is a thug. Manziel just liked having a helluva good time.

cnjbond
December 1st, 2013, 11:11 AM
The Joe Namath of the Generation Y'ers.

CenTexDave
December 1st, 2013, 11:33 AM
After last night I would say it's a two person race - Winston and McCarron.
Andre Williams of Boston College had a whole, whooping 29 yards rushing against Syracuse yesterday. Manziel didn't do much, neither did Baylor's Petty.

cnjbond
December 1st, 2013, 11:54 AM
Manziel hasn't been the same since he was injured late in the Auburn game. It's a good thing there aren't any more games left besides the Bowl game, because Sumlin was gonna ride that horse until the wheels fell off!

This year's Heisman race is pretty anticlimactic with the names at the top...McCarron might win it just on being a good guy alone (plus he's had some pretty good career numbers as well).

CenTexDave
December 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM
I agree. His record is great. Winston, if he's not rotting away in prison, can win it next year.

bbh
December 1st, 2013, 12:40 PM
Gosh, I hope you're wrong, Dave. Am I being unfair when I say that it looks like he's been allowed to skate some charges? When something like this happens, I'm usually the first to say that sometimes women make false allegations, but there sure is a lot of smoke with this one.

CenTexDave
December 1st, 2013, 2:04 PM
Skate some charges?! Glad somebody recognizes this.
This all happened nearly one year ago. I guarantee you if he was a normal FSU student and not the Seminoles' star QB he would have charged 10 months and gone to trial already. Big smoke screen in Tallahassee.

bbh
December 1st, 2013, 4:23 PM
IF the girl is telling the truth....she said that police officers told her to just keep quiet about it. That's awful.

CenTexDave
December 1st, 2013, 5:10 PM
No doubt. Probably explained how Tallahassee is a football town and they love their Seminoles, and it would be a difficult case and she would come under so much scrutiny, blah, blah, blah.
And, of course, now Winston's lawyer (how do college freshmen on a full-ride scholarship afford a criminal attorney??) says it was consensual. This after his DNA was found all over her.
Has all the makings of a cover up.

kantwin
December 3rd, 2013, 7:49 PM
The most common / popular question around here in Alabama this week is, "Hey, you got a second?"

bbh
December 3rd, 2013, 8:46 PM
I didn't know whether to click LOL or Saddened, kantwin.

I still can't believe that happened.

kantwin
December 4th, 2013, 5:48 AM
I didn't know whether to click LOL or Saddened, kantwin. I still can't believe that happened.
Neither can I.
But, you know what?
The sun came up every morning since then.
It ain't the end of the world.

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2013, 9:25 AM
And I have a feeling I will be disappointed about 10PM this coming Saturday night. :(

kantwin
December 4th, 2013, 9:28 AM
You think Ohio is going to lose?
That could setup another Bama National Championship appearance, if Missouri beats Auburn in the SEC Championship game.
In my opinion (wishful, though it may be)

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I don't know, Kantwin. Ohio State's defense sure looked like they took last Saturday off. Sure, it was the big rivalry game, but Michigan hadn't done a damn thing for the previous three games. Somehow they decided to come and play like they were supposed to be at the start of the season.
On the other hand, Michigan State, which has this incredible defense, hasn't seen an offense like Ohio State's. The combination of Carlos Hyde (who is actually an M-1 tank in disguise) and Braxton Miller will get their yards as long as Miller doesn't cough up the ball.
May come down to a turnover here or there.
If Ohio State wins they should remain #2. Sorry Auburn, Tide or Missouri - the Buckeyes will be undefeated and will have won 25 in a row.
On the other hand, if that DA in Tallahassee would do his job and indict Jameis Winston then Duke might beat Florida State. :):))

kantwin
December 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I don't think Duke will win, unless a situation like you describe happens.
If Auburn wins the SEC Championship, and Winston stays out of jail, and Ohio State wins, then, yes, Auburn will be watching it on TV.
If two of the top three lose, then Alabama COULD be back in. Could.
Happened a couple of years ago. Alabama needed two of the top teams to lose, and they both did.
Will it happen on the field again this year, or will the legal system kick in to help?
Or both?.......
But, then again, if 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

cnjbond
December 5th, 2013, 2:41 AM
There's no way in Hades that Duke will beat FSU even without Winston at the helm. Duke has definitely played good ball this year but FSU has too much talent and depth to get beat by Duke.

Most folks are predicting Auburn over Missiouri, but Missouri might give them a run for their money with that defense and running attack!

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2013, 6:25 AM
Missouri is the real deal this year. Except for a FG that hit the upright, they'd be undefeated right now.
Comparing common SEC opponents this year, and one thing sticks out - Missouri's defense is much better than Auburn's.
Ought to be a good game.

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2013, 2:55 PM
Well, Florida State won't have to worry about losing their QB. The prosecutors have failed to indict. Only took them one year to decide. :)

olderthandirt
December 5th, 2013, 6:42 PM
Follow the $$ here - where there's smoke, there's fire…..